GUILTY NY - Thomas Valva, 8, autistic, killed, NYPD father & fiancee arrested, Suffolk Co, 17 Jan 2020 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Unrealistic expectations by an unreasonable sadistic person and a weaker agreeable partner. And the extensive monitoring of the house sound creepy. The rest of those kids likely had zero privacy even in bathroom. This guy was a real control freak. Sometimes law enforcement attracts guys like that.

I agree with everything you wrote above with the exception of “a weaker agreeable partner” ~ these two——were in it together 100% - sadists that ENJOYED what they were doing, right up until they were arrested.

View attachment 228028
After the boy’s death, Zubko-Valva, of Valley Stream, was granted temporary custody of Thomas’ two brothers, Anthony, 10, and Andrew, 6.

Since the news broke, neighbors said they were disturbed — if not frightened — by what happened. Bittersweet Lane, where the Valva/Pollina family lived with his three sons and her three daughters, is a quiet street filled with homes that neighbors said cost upward of $600,000. Many have four or five bedrooms, they said.

Maryann Gaita, 44, a neighbor on Bittersweet Lane, said she didn’t like Pollina from the first.
View attachment 228028
Angela Pollina and Michael Valva are led out of Yaphank police headquarters in Yaphank on Friday. Credit: James Carbone
“She rubbed me the wrong way,” Gaita said. “When the school bus would come, she would have her kids run in front of a moving bus.”

She said the couple moved into the neighborhood about 2½ years ago. She considered the entire family “very high strung.” She saw the parents yelling at the kids outside the house for little things, such as wanting them to come in the house.

Anil Arkali, 40, said he had just purchased the house across the street from Valva and planned to move in within a week or so. But his 9-year-old daughter, having seen the news, told him she’s too scared to move in.

“She said, ‘Daddy, let’s sell the house,’” said Arkali, who lives in Shirley.

Now he said he planned to push back the move-in until after the summer — “till it blows over.”
Mother of 8-year-old boy 'heartbroken' over his 'cruel and tragic death'

This case better NEVER “blow over” ......

How could it be that there were repeated complaints about these monsters abusing this kids with nothing done? There are parents who lose their children for so much less. And, a cop (and mandated reporter) this monster abused his children over and over again with no consequences. Blue Wall of Silence has to stop.

The abuse reported, that we are aware of, was minor. Children are not removed from a parent because of a missed breakfast or smelling like urine. They’re also not removed for one “spanking” that left bruises. It takes a lot to prove “failure to thrive” - (the weight loss) mandatory parenting classes are the standard.
This has nothing to do with the “blue wall”

Just think for a minute the number of children that would be removed if they ALL were for the allegations above. THERE IS NOWHERE TO PUT THEM. It’s a sad that children are safer with parents than in fostercare. Without broken bones, cigarette burns, open wounds, severe & massive bruising, kids are rarely pulled. IMO This is ANOTHER reason so many social workers that care, burn out so quickly.

I will never understand why “toileting issues” are the number one trigger of severe abuse. We know this. We need to do something about that specifically. If we could educate & change attitudes about it - a lot less kids would be abused.

all IMO

The abuse reported, that we are aware of, was minor. Children are not removed from a parent because of a missed breakfast or smelling like urine. They’re also not removed for one “spanking” that left bruises. It takes a lot to prove “failure to thrive” - (the weight loss) mandatory parenting classes are the standard.

Just think for a minute the number of children that would be removed if they ALL were for the allegations above. THERE IS NOWHERE TO PUT THEM. It’s a sad that children are safer with parents than in fostercare. Without broken bones, cigarette burns, open wounds, severe & massive bruising, kids are rarely pulled. IMO This is ANOTHER reason so many social workers that care, burn out so quickly.

I will never understand why “toileting issues” are the number one trigger of severe abuse. We know this. We need to do something about that specifically. If we could educate & change attitudes about it - a lot less kids would be abused.

all IMO

This is Suffolk county. The blue wall has a lot to do with this imo. And there absolutely was somewhere to put the kids if they were taken from their father —- their mother.

eta- you seem to be really downplaying the abuse those boys suffered. Yikes

Last edited:
This is Suffolk county. The blue wall has a lot to do with this imo. And there absolutely was somewhere to put the kids if they were taken from their father —- their mother.

I think it has more to do with unconscious bias and the fathers standing in the community. The reaction would be the same for a teacher, doctor, or a CEO - high functioning people are given way too much benefit of the doubt.

What did the girlfriend of the father do for a living? Where was all the money coming from? A 600k house & a nanny?

Was he a prison cop or a regular cop?

This case is gonna cause terrible emotional heartbreak and stir up many controversial topics. A lot of horrific stats are going to surface. It will become so multilayered with both intended and unintended consequences. Poor little Thomas. His tragedy and name will become a focus stimulating far reaching public efforts for justice and reform.

I think it has more to do with unconscious bias and the fathers standing in the community. The reaction would be the same for a teacher, doctor, or a CEO - high functioning people are given way too much benefit of the doubt.

What did the girlfriend of the father do for a living? Where was all the money coming from? A 600k house & a nanny?

Michael Valva, 40, a 15-year officer assigned to the transit bureau, and fiancée Angela Pollina, 42, tried to make it look like they were as idyllic as the Brady Bunch, living with Valva’s three sons and Pollina’s three girls — each from previous relationships — at the couple’s home in Center Moriches, but their sitcom veneer hid a sinister secret, a former nanny said. (bbm)

“It’s sad. They wanted to give the impression they were the ‘Brady Bunch’ family when it was more like a home crashing,” Amanda Wildman, who babysat the family from 2017 to 2018, told The Post.

“There was always screaming. The boys were constantly being yelled at. There never was a day where somebody wasn’t screaming and the boys would just sit there quietly and take it.”
https://nypost.com/2020/01/24/nypd-...-son-thomas-valva-for-being-cold-before-died/

she was a nurse. It was her house from what I’ve read. I assume she was also getting child support and perhaps alimony.

As infuriating as this case is for this poor, sweet little boy (and his mother, brothers, and step-sisters), I just have to say I am SO thankful these monsters (they're not parents) had surveillance set up in the house. What they meant for evil, LE used to seal the case against them. Bet they never saw that coming. Brilliant justice.

The video from the Heavy article is so disturbing of the pass off between mother and father. Especially watching how quietly and behaved Thomas appeared before the boys hands were let go of. The little one was punching at his father to let him go.

eta- you seem to be really downplaying the abuse those boys suffered. Yikes

I’m giving it to you straight the way the system & judges and the law views it and the way CPS handles it.

I KNOW it’s horrific abuse & it all makes me sick.

As far as I can tell, authorities weren’t aware he was ever sleeping in the garage.
So we are left with missing breakfasts & reeking of urine and a one time bruised bottom reported.

The reality is....there are countless children, in this country, living in homes where this is the norm. especially so in impoverished areas. So so many, that now many schools offer breakfast and some even do children’s laundry.
Now we are down to a one time reported incident of a bruised bottom. No judge is going to remove a child for that. Open a case-mandatory Parenting classes it the standard.
IMO

From the above link:

“Justyna told CBS New York following her son’s death, “I miss him so much. Thomas was this little 8-year-old boy, my baby, who always was joyful, always stands for the truth, play his cars, read books, loved songs.””
From the above link:

“Justyna told CBS New York following her son’s death, “I miss him so much. Thomas was this little 8-year-old boy, my baby, who always was joyful, always stands for the truth, play his cars, read books, loved songs.””
Disregard my previous post where I claimed authorities weren’t aware...
Oh I see - so they were aware of allegations of being forced to sleep in the garage before AND after the original CPS case ....that’s especially concerning.

Blah. Blah. Blah.
You know the mother's voice in the Peanuts cartoon? Yeah, that's what most defense attorneys sound like to me. I know this guy has a job to do, but the lies he's spewing are just too much.

This is exactly what I said re: the defense attorney’s statement in Heidi B’s case (see image). I was trying to find this post for reference, and googled “margarita25 blah blah blah defense attorney”. It seems I’ve said the exact same thing in four other cases when defense attorneys were speaking lol. So, yes, I know exactly what you mean!!! Blah blah blah!!!!!!!

—-

ETA: I think it’s the teacher’s voice though in Peanuts who says “wah wah wah”

Attachments

• F721D2A2-F5BC-400A-8DB7-D834A906D29C.jpeg
    F721D2A2-F5BC-400A-8DB7-D834A906D29C.jpeg
    129.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
There are literally hundreds of thousands of cases that are worse than this, on paper, that CPS investigates every year. Those cases typically do not make the news unless a child dies. Perhaps they all should make the news. The public needs to be aware just how common child abuse is.

The confidentiality that’s meant to protect children is actually doing them a great disservice in the end. Name & shame the parents - it’s insidious & cruel for a child to carry the feelings of guilt, being devalued & shamed for being victims of abuse. Children always blame themselves.
I always thought how wrong it was that children are removed from the home for being victims while their parents remain...
The laws should be changed, open the doors to the courtroom to the public- confidentiality protects the abusers.

all IMO

From an article (https://nypost.com/2020/01/24/child...d-sleep-in-garage-deemed-complaint-unfounded/):
The record, from a phone call logged on Feb. 27, 2019, states that Valva’s son Anthony was forced to sleep in the garage because he was urinating in his bed.

“For the past week, Anthony (9) has been coming to school with his clothes and backpack soaked in urine,” the OCFS record states.

“Anthony has been staying in the garage and is not allowed in his room due to him urinating in his bed … Step mother (Angela) and Father (Michael) are aware that the child is arriving at school soiled and fail to adequately address the concern,” the record says.

“The child’s feet and hands are bright red, but it unknown if this is as a result of the child being soaked in urine,” it adds.

The record shows the agency investigated the claim for one day and closed it as a “duplicate.” It’s not clear who reported it to the agency.

One year ago, his older child was sleeping in the garage for a week in urine soaked clothing and attending school. This was abuse. Children should not be sleeping in an unheated garage in February. In this case it was the older son. I am sorry but I can't see how this is not an offense that can remove the child/children. There was another parent and probably relatives. It was investigated for one day. The school was doing their job in reporting. The weather in NY/LI in February 2019 was 46 high and 28 low. It is abuse which requires more than a one day investigation. The child was urine soaked, sleeping without blankets and heat, had reddened hands and feet (possible frostbite beginnings). Not enough placement options is not an excuse to not protect. It seems unconscionable to state no abuse would be stopped because of a system without enough placements. Clearly, these monsters took the failure to act by these agencies as a green light to abuse these children.

I agree with those who say a blue wall exists in this community.

The children services agency is also culpable and failed these children as did any LEO that did not act. IMO

On Monday, a candlelight prayer service will be held at 5 p.m. St. John the Evangelist R.C. Church, located at 25 Ocean Avenue in Center Moriches.

"We are heartbroken and devastated upon hearing the tragic news of the passing of Thomas Valva, a member of our parish community and a student in our Faith Formation program. We have also been alerted to and overwhelmed by the news surrounding his passing. In a spirit of prayer and hope, we invite everyone to a special Candlelight Evening Prayer at St. John's Church at 5 p.m. on Monday, January 27, 2020. This is the time that Thomas and his siblings would regularly attend classes here. It will be a service that is comfortable for people of all ages and all faiths. Today and in the days ahead please pray for Thomas and his family," a Facebook post said.

Next, on Tuesday at 6 p.m., the Center Moriches United Methodist Church, located at 464 Main St. in Center Moriches, will be hosting an "Evening of Prayer, Healing & Hope" for the community. "All churches, pastors and community are welcomed as we come together as one broken heart let us seek God who is our restorer," the post said.

The Center Moriches Fire Department is planning a "Community Fundraiser for the Family of Thomas Valva" On Wednesday, Jan. 29 and Thursday, Jan. 30, the fire department will open its doors to accept donations.
Vigils, Fundraisers For Boy, 8, Left To Die In Freezing Garage

Last edited:
At one point, Pollina allegedly asked what the elder Valva was doing to Thomas.

“I’m suffocating him,” Valva allegedly said about his biological son. “That’s what I’m doing.”

The defendants pleaded not guilty on Friday to second-degree murder in a Suffolk County courtroom. They were set to be married. Valva was bringing in Thomas, a 6-year-old son, and 10-year-old son into the relationship. Pollina had three daughters: 11-year-old twins, and a 6-year-old.
‘I’m F—ing Suffocating Him’: Cop Knew Dying 8-Year-old Autistic Son Had Hypothermia, Prosecutors Say

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nycissa
Back