GUILTY NY - Thomas Valva, 8, autistic, killed, NYPD father & fiancee arrested, Suffolk Co, 17 Jan 2020 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And because he sounds like a control-freak, and that's putting it nicely.

Imagine his boys being happy and loved over there with his ex. How that would go over with someone who could do something like this.
Exactly what I was going to say - giving them to mom would be handing control over them to someone else, and that wasn't going to happen. Such a creep this man is.
My heart aches for that mama and those boys, but at least now they're away from him and live-in/step-monster, despite the terrible cost of the loss of their brother.

My theory is, he was probably afraid of her. Her children, as far as I understand, were not abused.

Possibly. Do we know if they have another parent who couldnt be bullied and shut out by LE?.
Was his youngest son also abused or did he concentrate his abuse on his two autistic boys?.

Because then he’d have to pay her child support. Money.
He likely had to pay her some child support anyway. It probably infuriated him. I bet he had to pay some form of alimony too. Lump sum, rehabilitative or recurring.

The child support formula in most states pools all funds, multiplies by a standard percentage, sets payment requirements regardless of custody. Mine was done that way in TN and my brothers was done that way in FL. I’ve also spent 20+ years in payroll, child support garnishments are pretty universal.

He likely had to pay her some child support anyway. It probably infuriated him. I bet he had to pay some form of alimony too. Lump sum, rehabilitative or recurring.

The child support formula in most states pools all funds, multiplies by a standard percentage, sets payment requirements regardless of custody. Mine was done that way in TN and my brothers was done that way in FL. I’ve also spent 20+ years in payroll, child support garnishments are pretty universal.

I would be surprised if he had to pay her child support if he is the custodial parent, unless they had 50/50 custody (which I don’t think they did but I don’t remember reading details of their court order).

I would be surprised if he had to pay her child support if he is the custodial parent, unless they had 50/50 custody (which I don’t think they did but I don’t remember reading details of their court order).

He was given full custody according to moms social media posts. Which means he wouldn't have had to pay support but SHE would have had to pay HIM.

Even though he was a failed actor, he thought he could act like a distraught father, and say that his son fell in the driveway, not realizing that he would be discredited by his own home surveillance system.

Monstrous NYPD cop accused of killing 8-year-old son is failed actor who once played bereaved father

Michael Valva - IMDb

In the low-budget 2013 film “6 Minutes of Death” he plays a father who mourns his son’s sudden demise from smallpox. Set in 1860, one of the boys who dies from the disease battles an evil darkness that tries to stop him from being reborn into a better life.

“He’s not gone, he’s right there,” Valva’s character, Jacob, cries out as his son lays dead in front him. “I know the doctors can do something!”

Last edited:
The comments the father made about hypothermia IMO prove he KNEW EXACTLY WHAT HE WAS DOING! That’s premeditated capitol murder
- they both should die with a needle in their arms

Agreed, but; NYS has no death penalty; and also has special restrictions on what type of victims "deserve" the 1st degree murder charge if they are killed.

Ironically, both of Thomas's biological parents would get this protection under category of the law, if either or both were murdered:

New York First Degree Murder Laws - FindLaw

In New York, murder in the first degree is one form of homicide among others which include second-degree murder, manslaughter, criminally negligent homicide, and certain forms of abortion. Intentional murder is elevated to first-degree murder when someone 18 or older, intending to cause the death of another person, actually causes the death of that person or a third person and any one of several aggravating factors is present. Those factors address:

• The identity of the intended victim (police officers, certain peace officers, correctional employees, judges, witnesses);
  • The circumstances in which the murder was committed (while the defendant was serving a life sentence, during the commission of a specified felony ("felony murder"), for hire, accompanied by torture, in furtherance of a terrorist act); or
  • The nature of the killing(s).
New York First Degree Murder laws also include first degree "felony murder" which applies in cases where the victim is killed in the course and in furtherance of, or immediate flight from, certain specific crimes which include:

• Robbery;
  • Some degrees of burglary;
  • Kidnapping;
  • Arson;
  • Rape; and
  • Sexual abuse.
It's distinguishable from second-degree felony murder because it requires the defendant's intent to kill the victim or another non-participant in the crime, instead of just the intent to commit the underlying felony. Also, a person charged with first-degree felony murder must have personally caused the victim's death or commanded another to do so unlike second-degree felony murder which requires only that a defendant be an accomplice of the actual killer.

I'm sure the above is some nonsense that some maggot-headed politician thinks will decrease prison crowding or similar (give folks shorter sentences, etc.). (Can you tell I'm not a fan of this law?)

Possibly. Do we know if they have another parent who couldnt be bullied and shut out by LE?.
Was his youngest son also abused or did he concentrate his abuse on his two autistic boys?.

You'll need to look on SM to find information about the non-custodial parents; it's definitely out there.

As for the youngest boy, I can't swear to it but it certainly seems like the autistic boys bore the brunt of this abuse.

I would also guess that the sperm donor probably blames the mother's genetics for the autism; and that he probably thought the boys' being autistic reflected badly upon him. :(:eek: He seems like the kind of person who would expect that his genetic code only produces perfect babies, doesn't he? He definitely thought these two precious boys were "lesser" and "other". I don't think we have to be geniuses to figure that out, as cows have better bedding conditions than these babies were offered. :mad:

Agreed, but; NYS has no death penalty; and also has special restrictions on what type of victims "deserve" the 1st degree murder charge if they are killed.

Ironically, both of Thomas's biological parents would get this protection under category of the law, if either or both were murdered:

New York First Degree Murder Laws - FindLaw

I'm sure the above is some nonsense that some maggot-headed politician thinks will decrease prison crowding or similar (give folks shorter sentences, etc.). (Can you tell I'm not a fan of this law?)

You'll need to look on SM to find information about the non-custodial parents; it's definitely out there.

As for the youngest boy, I can't swear to it but it certainly seems like the autistic boys bore the brunt of this abuse.

I would also guess that the sperm donor probably blames the mother's genetics for the autism; and that he probably thought the boys' being autistic reflected badly upon him. :(:eek: He seems like the kind of person who would expect that his genetic code only produces perfect babies, doesn't he? He definitely thought these two precious boys were "lesser" and "other". I don't think we have to be geniuses to figure that out, as cows have better bedding conditions than these babies were offered. :mad:

Thanks,I will check.

It's just horrific, I am replying to this as I put my 7yr old who is suspected to be autistic but as yet undiagnosed to sleep,in my bed where he sleeps every might because he cant bear to be alone(separation anxiety),I have to lie here for about an hour every night before he falls asleep and I dont begrudge one second of it,not one disappearing duvet in the middle of the night,or one kick in the back,head,face etc from the constant fidgeting,the broken sleep from the 3 times a night he wakes and wont go to the bathroom without me.
It breaks my heart to think how those lovely little boys suffered and how Thomas paid the ultimate price for his donors shortcomings.
One day I will learn to not click on a thread...........:(

Justyna Valva said she had fears her children were being sexually abused and made a complaint to Nassau County Police in 2016. She said the boys told her they had been "recorded naked with a black camera."

snip

The records appear to show large deposits, some made at ATMs and dating back to 2017, with sums varying from $19,000 to $40,000.

The large deposits are troublesome considering Michael Valva made his living as a New York City Transit police officer, according to the mother.

Snip

Justyna Valva, an NYC Correction Officer, said she last saw her boys on Jan. 14, 2018, when a Suffolk County judge granted custody to the police officer father.

Within three months, a letter from the East Moriches School District, which she provided to PIX11, indicated the boys were being severely neglected.

Mom of LI boy who froze to death alleges ongoing abuse, questions cop dad’s finances

Justyna Valva said she had fears her children were being sexually abused and made a complaint to Nassau County Police in 2016. She said the boys told her they had been "recorded naked with a black camera." The records appear to show large deposits, some made at ATMs and dating back to 2017, with sums varying from $19,000 to $40,000. The large deposits are troublesome considering Michael Valva made his living as a New York City Transit police officer, according to the mother.
I absolutely hate, with everything I am, what this implies. I just can't imagine this case being any worse than it already is. :(

A candlelight vigil was held Monday night in memory of Thomas Valva, the 8-year-old who died after police say he was forced to sleep in a freezing garage.

Valva received communion at St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church last year. On Monday, his fellow churchgoers and community members came together at that same church for an evening prayer in his honor.

In addition to the vigil, businesses in Center Moriches are putting up blue ribbons and selling blue items to support child abuse prevention. Brothers Four Pizza is donating $5 to Thomas' biological mother from the sale of every pie and special blue garlic knots.

"It's crazy, unheard of ... and this being Center Moriches, we're a small, quiet town, this is the first time anything like this has ever happened," says Antonio Iorio, of Brothers Four.

The support has been so strong that one business selling blue ice cream already sold out of it.
Center Moriches community bands together in memory of late 8-year-old

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee
Back