GUILTY NY - Thomas Valva, 8, autistic, killed, NYPD father & fiancee arrested, Suffolk Co, 17 Jan 2020 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
CBS2’s Jennifer McLogan is told that since then, 65 Child Protect Services caseworkers have been in group counseling. The administrator of Suffolk Child Protective Services says it is tough to take action.

“If the parents say no and the school district is not the reporting party of the concern, we are unable to obtain records from the school,” said Mark Clavin of Suffolk Family & Children’s Services.

Social services leaders said publicly for the first time that changes were made the day after Thomas’ death. Supervisors must now make a deep dive into any case with more than four allegations of child abuse and neglect.

Court records reveal exchanges between Justyna Zubko-Valva and a judge during bitter hearings involving custody of all three of her sons, Tommy, Andrew and Anthony.

“My children are coming soaked in urine. Anthony is sleeping in the garage. His hands and feet are bright red, your honor. He’s not getting any food,” Zubko-Valva said.

“Ms. Valva, move along. I can’t remember everything you are saying because you’re saying so much,” the judge replied.

“Your honor, the CPS is not doing the job because they are closing the reports the next day,” Zubko-Valva said.

The judge denied her motion to return the children to her.

“Why? On what basis? The children’s life is in danger, your honor,” Zubko-Valva said.

“Because I said so,” the judge replied.

Thomas Valva Case: CBS2 Investigates How The 8-Year-Old's Mother Lost Custody In Court
BBM

This is infuriating!

Last edited:
“My children are coming soaked in urine. Anthony is sleeping in the garage. His hands and feet are bright red, your honor. He’s not getting any food,” Zubko-Valva said.

“Ms. Valva, move along. I can’t remember everything you are saying because you’re saying so much,” the judge replied.

This has got to be the most inept judge I've ever heard of in my entire life. For me? The train stopped at "soaked in urine". THAT is child abuse, 101. Everything else she said after that should have been AFTER those precious boys were removed from the custody of their piece of trash father and is vile wife. A little boy may be alive today, if someone cared enough to act on this information at the time it was initially reported.

UGH! I hope those two rot in jail for the rest of their natural lives.

CBS2’s Jennifer McLogan is told that since then, 65 Child Protect Services caseworkers have been in group counseling. The administrator of Suffolk Child Protective Services says it is tough to take action.

“If the parents say no and the school district is not the reporting party of the concern, we are unable to obtain records from the school,” said Mark Clavin of Suffolk Family & Children’s Services.

Social services leaders said publicly for the first time that changes were made the day after Thomas’ death. Supervisors must now make a deep dive into any case with more than four allegations of child abuse and neglect.

Court records reveal exchanges between Justyna Zubko-Valva and a judge during bitter hearings involving custody of all three of her sons, Tommy, Andrew and Anthony.

“Your honor, the CPS is not doing the job because they are closing the reports the next day,” Zubko-Valva said.

“Why? On what basis? The children’s life is in danger, your honor,” Zubko-Valva said.

Thomas Valva Case: CBS2 Investigates How The 8-Year-Old's Mother Lost Custody In Court

WOW. That poor mother and poor kids. If I were her I think I may have had a mental breakdown and attached that so-called judge. I can't even...

I've never been affected as much as I have been from the details in this case. To say its heartbreaking is an absolute understatement.

Prosecutors share details of Long Island house of horrors where 8-year-old autistic boy was killed, and 10-year-old brother abused

The father of an autistic 8-year-old left to die inside a freezing Long Island garage callously dismissed the little boy’s lethal predicament.

“I have zero clothing for him,” read a twisted text message from dad Michael Valva to his fiancee just two days before the death of his helpless son Thomas. “F--k a piece of s--t Thomas. He’s not going anywhere.”

The caustic comments were made public Thursday at the Suffolk County court arraignment of Valva, a city transit cop, and his live-in girlfriend Angela Pollina. Both stand accused of murder in the Jan. 17 death of Thomas Valva, whose body temperature dipped to 76 degrees on the night of his horrific death.

Valva and Pollina treated Thomas and his 10-year-old autistic big brother Anthony "in a manner that was nothing short of cruel, callous, wanton and evil,” charged Suffolk County prosecutor Kerriann Kelly. “The boys were undernourished. They were literally begging for food at school, eating the crumbs off the table, eating out of the garbage cans.”

The allegations made by authorities echoed some of those leveled by the children’s mother Justyna Zubko-Valva, who sat sobbing during the arraignments of her estranged husband and Pollina. Both defendants were held without bail pending a Feb. 24 court date.

“What happened to my son is a clear instance of enormous corruption within the system,” a weeping Zubko-Valva said after the hearing. “The people involved have Thomas’ blood on their hands.”

Kelly repeatedly stared toward the defendants as she recited the heinous details of the case, including the vulgar language directed toward the doomed Thomas and his older brother. There was an audible gasp in the Long Island courtroom when the prosecutor recounted Valva’s heartless reaction to notification of his middle child’s death.

“When asked if he needed anything at the hospital after his son was ultimately pronounced (dead), the defendant replied, ‘I’ve been through more stressful things than this,’” the prosecutor declared.

On the same morning when Valva called EMTs to aid his already-dead son, Pollina went casually into the bathroom at their Center Moriches, L.I., home to fix her hair.

“It took her about 45 minutes before she arrived at the hospital,” recounted Kelly, who added that Anthony lost 20 pounds in a single year under the couple’s cruel care.

The prosecutor also detailed how Thomas came to school one day with his feet squishing inside urine-soaked sneakers, and alleged the defendants browbeat the two boys into lying about the horrific conditions of their home life.

The suspects also tried to delete home video camera footage as police came to the suburban home after Thomas’ death, and one of the video clips showed Valva “beating one of his children with a closed fist while screaming at him," said Kelly.

Pollina, 42, stood emotionless in handcuffs during the hearing where her attorney asked unsuccessfully for her release on $50,000 cash bail.

Little Thomas’ mother praised her son’s courage in the face of the horrors that defined his day-to-day life, although she realized the sad ending in this case was almost inevitable.

“I know Tommy was a fighter,” she said. “He always stood for the truth, and he died for the truth. He’s a hero. But how much could he handle? He was only 8 years old.”

Long Island prosecutors say a New York police officer called his eight-year-old son a ‘*advertiser censored** a piece of s***’ and bragged that he had ‘been through more stressful things’ when he learned the boy died of hypothermia in his garage.

Gasps were heard in Suffolk County Court in Riverhead on Thursday as prosecutors read text messages that Michael Valva sent to his fiancee just two days before his autistic son, Thomas, died at his home in Center Moriches on January 17.

NYPD cop charged over eight-year-old son's death called him 'a piece of s**t' in text exchange' | Daily Mail Online

^^RBBM

IF this particular judge is that burned-out, just like in other professions where one deals with parents and children such as teaching, nursing, social workers, LE, etc - it is time for this judge to be transferred, perhaps, to landlord-tenant court or traffic court where she would cause much less damage to those she purportedly serves.

Transfer, remove or retire her. What a disgrace!

This case blows my mind. I have an 8yo son with ASD so this really feels personal to me. Poor boy and his poor mother. The system is rotten to let this happen. A cop! Arrrgh I have no words that I can say here.

I’m literally nauseous reading the updates on these ‘parents’ and this ‘judge’. They are all so heartless and cruel, I can’t stand it. I wish I had a punching bag so I could take out my frustration. SMH
The more I read about this poor little boy's "father" the sicker I feel. This man has absolutely no heart whatsoever. I'm not even sure I'm convinced he's human.

The more that comes out, the more disgusted I get. This case keeps me awake at night. I don't know how any of the adult humans who failed Thomas can live with themselves. There is no justice for what was done to this baby. None. I hope they rot in hell.

Ms. Valva, move along. I can’t remember everything you are saying because you’re saying so much,” the judge replied.

Because I said so,” the judge replied.
I’m speechless. I hope this judge never has a night of peaceful sleep again. I hope the images of this freezing, hungry, and urine-soaked DEAD CHILD haunts him until his last breath on this Earth.

How sickening that the only value poor Thomas ever had in his "fathers" eyes was after he had killed him :(
That's how narcissists roll. I can imagine the grotesque scene as they laughed at him while they tortured him. The pain in that child's heart, let alone in his little body. The damage done to his siblings.

This case blows my mind. I have an 8yo son with ASD so this really feels personal to me. Poor boy and his poor mother. The system is rotten to let this happen. A cop! Arrrgh I have no words that I can say here.

What really disturbs me, as a former Special Education Educator, is that CPS workers are woefully uneducated and lack training for providing services to parents of children who have disabilities.

I have seen some horrific incidents that a CPS worker would have immediately removed a child without special needs. But the abuser, explains away the same situation using a child's disability as justification or explanation for the maltreatment. And the CPS worker accepts outrageous things. Shrug. Whatever.

Children who have disabilities are more likely to be abused by caregivers than children without disabilities. I think that CPS workers should have more training about children who have special needs..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee
Back