GUILTY NY - Thomas Valva, 8, autistic, killed, NYPD father & fiancee arrested, Suffolk Co, 17 Jan 2020 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
According to the article, he the father of this boy is the one who set up the fund for the funeral and he was making over $80k/year! Unbelievable
Such a ! He even used a fake name for the Go****Me. From the article:

"A Go****Me page had been set up to help to pay the funeral costs for Thomas Valva. The page was set up by “Michael Gerard.” Michael Valva’s middle name is Gerard." Argggg.

Silver lining - all of the surviving children seem to have parents interested in contact or custody. Prayers that they all find a safe place to land. The boys' mom fought so hard for them and I'm so glad her two sons are with her now.

The helpless mother even detailed the alleged abuse on a Twitter account she created in January 2018 under the name /

Can anyone start a draft timeline of events for this case? Also, it's not clear to me....I know Thomas (and perhaps his brother, Anthony?) spent the night in the freezing garage. He was alive when he left the garage in the morning but suffering hypothermia because according to authorities the surveillance shows a child (I imaging getting ready for school at that time?) asking why Thomas kept falling. Did he go unconscious because of the hypothermia or because he suffered a head injury falling because of the hypothermia? His cause of death is hypothermia but he had head injuries and abrasions on his face, torso and legs, I believe. At some point (before or after he died?), his father put him in the hot bathtub to raise his body temperature. It's also not clear at what point in the timeline the camera records Angela asking Michael what he's doing and he says "I'm suffocating him." Anyone know when a police report would be released to the public in Suffolk county?

I just heard about this case this morning on a local radio station on the way to work and I'm horrified.
They said the father tried to revive him by placing him in a hot bath and still, his body was only 72 degrees when he got to the hospital?

That the child fell on his face in the driveway and the fiance says that's what happens when you have hypothermia and the father replied "oh, boo f@#$ing hoo?"

These people are monsters and I hope they never see the outside of a prison cell again when all is said and done.

Imo

Yes! Sorrowfully, Too little Too late for little Thomas. CPS must always have oversight and audits to ensure compliance with objectives and requirements.

eta: Government agencies are a public service paid for by taxpayers. We own the the rights and responsibilities as such to insist regulatory mandates are met in accordance with administrative code and laws. imo
Applicable self reply: (imo)
Child Maltreatment

Applicable self reply: (imo)
Child Maltreatment

Thank you for sharing this.
Very disturbing statistics for what is actually reported by/ to agencies

IMO... It gave me a better perspective on how overwhelmed these agencies must be.
I read the stories every day but will never understand how people can be so **** up that they can rationalize abusing a child let alone abusing one to death.

Didn’t read the whole report, it made my heart hurt just looking at the different categories.

Below, from page 63 of your report seems to fit the deadly abuse of Thomas.

Most perpetrators are caregivers of their victims. Eighty percent (80.3%) of child fatalities involved parents acting alone, together, or with other individuals. Fewer than 15 percent (14.6%) of fatalities did not have a parental relationship to their perpetrator. Child fatalities with unknown perpetrator relationship data accounted for 5.1 percent.

Thank you for sharing this.
Very disturbing statistics for what is actually reported by/ to agencies

IMO... It gave me a better perspective on how overwhelmed these agencies must be.
I read the stories every day but will never understand how people can be so **** up that they can rationalize abusing a child let alone abusing one to death.

Didn’t read the whole report, it made my heart hurt just looking at the different categories.

Below, from page 63 of your report seems to fit the deadly abuse of Thomas.

Most perpetrators are caregivers of their victims. Eighty percent (80.3%) of child fatalities involved parents acting alone, together, or with other individuals. Fewer than 15 percent (14.6%) of fatalities did not have a parental relationship to their perpetrator. Child fatalities with unknown perpetrator relationship data accounted for 5.1 percent.

Since it seems to happen a lot, I wonder if there are any hard stats on missing/abused/murdered children where the step-parent is the primary suspect. As in, percentages of the times it's proven to be the step-parent over any other person known (or unknown) to the child.

“The CPS workers would claim I have mental illness, that I’m drinking, that I have erratic behavior,” she said. “They did not have any evidence of this.”

The article quoted neurologist Dr. Beryl Nightingale and pediatrician Dr. Mark L’Ashley, who both worked with Thomas and his brother. They described Zubko-Valva as a great mother.

CPS workers didn’t take the boys’ out of the home, even though they listed Thomas and Anthony Valva as “maltreated” in the wake of a January 16, 2019 complaint regarding Thomas’ black eye, according to records. Investigators, however, determined this didn’t “rise to the level of immediate or impending danger.” Michael Valva allegedly claimed that his elder son said the black eye was from a playground accident.
Teachers Claimed Autistic Boy Was Abused for Over a Year Before Cop Dad Allegedly Killed Him: Report

https://nypost.com/2020/02/02/child...calls-about-kids-of-killer-dad-michael-valva/

"The state’s child-abuse hotline got at least 17 emergency calls about NYPD cop Michael Valva’s kids in the months before he allegedly murdered his autistic, 8-year-old son — but none resulted in the children being taken from Valva and his fiancee, records obtained by The Post show.

And only five of 16 calls — which included a shocking claim that the kids were so hungry they ate out of the trash — were reviewed for more than a day, with four quickly “closed as duplicate,” according to heavily redacted documents compiled by the state Office of Children and Family Services. It was unclear whether the 17th call resulted in a longer review." ...

https://nypost.com/2020/02/02/child...calls-about-kids-of-killer-dad-michael-valva/

"The state’s child-abuse hotline got at least 17 emergency calls about NYPD cop Michael Valva’s kids in the months before he allegedly murdered his autistic, 8-year-old son — but none resulted in the children being taken from Valva and his fiancee, records obtained by The Post show.

And only five of 16 calls — which included a shocking claim that the kids were so hungry they ate out of the trash — were reviewed for more than a day, with four quickly “closed as duplicate,” according to heavily redacted documents compiled by the state Office of Children and Family Services. It was unclear whether the 17th call resulted in a longer review." ...
And yet, people still deny there’s a Blue Code or Blue Wall. Unbelievable how many caring mandatory reporters actually did their job, reported this abuse, and the child was still murdered, by his own father, a cop. That’s a cultural, cover your own @$$, don’t tattle, bullying, sick culture that preys on the innocent. It’s not the majority, it’s the internal lone wolf. Most LE departments will clean their own house. This one didn’t and this poor boy paid with his life.

I'm having a really hard time with this one. I think it is because this precious boy reminds me so much of my goofy, sweet 6 year old and how he and his Momma tried so hard to get help. My heart just hurts for all the children who are at the mercy of sick individuals that hurt them in anyway.

I couldn't sleep last night because I kept thinking how cold it was outside and poor little Thomas and his suffering. I just keep breaking down in tears for this angel and his Mom and brothers.

The only solace I find in this whole situation is that during his short time on this earth Thomas knew true love from his Mommy and because of what happened to him the 5 other children are away from those monsters and can no longer be tormented.

I can't imagine the pain his brothers feel. I'm sure they miss him immensely. I hope all the children go through extensive counseling to deal with the emotions they are no doubt experiencing.

I hope the sick non-humans who did this to these children spend every day of the rest of their lives tormented by his beautiful face and the horrors that they put him through. I treat my dog better than they treated their flesh and blood. There isn't enough fire in hell...

CBS2’s Jennifer McLogan is told that since then, 65 Child Protect Services caseworkers have been in group counseling. The administrator of Suffolk Child Protective Services says it is tough to take action.

“If the parents say no and the school district is not the reporting party of the concern, we are unable to obtain records from the school,” said Mark Clavin of Suffolk Family & Children’s Services.

Social services leaders said publicly for the first time that changes were made the day after Thomas’ death. Supervisors must now make a deep dive into any case with more than four allegations of child abuse and neglect.

Court records reveal exchanges between Justyna Zubko-Valva and a judge during bitter hearings involving custody of all three of her sons, Tommy, Andrew and Anthony.

“My children are coming soaked in urine. Anthony is sleeping in the garage. His hands and feet are bright red, your honor. He’s not getting any food,” Zubko-Valva said.

“Ms. Valva, move along. I can’t remember everything you are saying because you’re saying so much,” the judge replied.

“Your honor, the CPS is not doing the job because they are closing the reports the next day,” Zubko-Valva said.

The judge denied her motion to return the children to her.

“Why? On what basis? The children’s life is in danger, your honor,” Zubko-Valva said.

“Because I said so,” the judge replied.

Thomas Valva Case: CBS2 Investigates How The 8-Year-Old's Mother Lost Custody In Court

Zubko-Valva spoke at length during the hearing, recounting her years of dealing with the courts and Child Protective Services. Tonight she alleged corruption is rampant in the department.

“It’s hard for me to listen to (CPS) explanations in regards to understaffing,” said Zubko-Valva “I think biggest concern is corruption inside the organization, when it comes to corruption there’s no room for justice, no room for truth.”
Community demands answers in Thomas Valva's death

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee
Back