Found Deceased NY - Tom Kelsey, 45, Katch at Venetian Shores, Lindenhurst, 7 July 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Orient Point is another ferry...would take him north to CT and then he could hop AMtrack to RI, MA and further
You are correct. Block Island Ferries as well. But his home town is much closer to Port Jeff. Of course, if he's trying to disappear. But why would he? MOO

Is there family? I saw mention of a brother on some of the FB pages that are trying to find him. And a cousin who is posting. That's it though..mostly his friends.

Also an update about that ping near West Islip, on Sunrise Highway and 231. There is a cloverleaf entrance/exit between the roads rather than an intersection. Someone is offering camera footage. Fingers crossed.

Hope someone is caring for his dog. Bet she misses him.
Yes, fingers crossed! MOO

Bank accounts have not been used. Phone off. Tolls checked to see if he went through them. nothing. He told people that night he was headed home bc he had work early in the morning. He had a puppy. The ping came from a direction he would be heading in if he was going home. We have put up flyers, posts, talked to as many people we can.....we are at a loss.....the police did searches as well even sending a helicopter over the water. If you search Tom Kelsey on fb the posts are public including mine....

Last edited:
Looks like the Onstar search didn't work-

"A Suffolk County police spokeswoman said the search has thus far not yielded Kelsey or his gaudily colored car.

“You can’t hide a cherry red Yukon XL,” Taylor said. “How does something like that just disappear with no traces? There’s no video surveillance. Numerous social media posts and nobody has seen that truck. How could you miss it? The left tail light is not working.”

Taylor said Kelsey’s truck was outfitted with the OnStar navigation system. Officials with that company tried to locate the truck but could not, Taylor said, suggesting the vehicle has lost power or is in an enclosure like a garage."

Hi. I have known Tom over 20 years. He went out to Katch beachclub in Lindenhurst NY on July 7th. He got there around 5 ish. Left at 10:30 pm and was never seen or heard from again and neither was his huge RED 2015 Yukon SUV. At 3am on Juky 8th the police were able to get a ping from his phone with an approximate location but searches have turned up nothing. All who spoke to Tom at the beach were interviewed and some polygraphed and phones checked. He was a limo driver. 45 years old. Bank accounts have not been used. Phone off. Tolls checked to see if he went through them. nothing. He told people that night he was headed home bc he had work early in the morning. He had a puppy. The ping came from a direction he would be heading in if he was going home. We have put up flyers, posts, talked to as many people we can.....we are at a loss.....the police did searches as well even sending a helicopter over the water. If you search Tom Kelsey on fb the posts are public including mine....
I'm very hopeful he & his pup are found safe...where was the ping & search area?

I'm very hopeful he & his pup are found safe...where was the ping & search area?
It doesn't seem as if his dog (Sasha?) was with him when he disappeared. I haven't seen any info on who may have her now, or is indeed, he did go back home and get her. I don't think he did...posts I read here and links have stated it would be unusual for Tom to leave his dog and also not show up for work the next day.

@lhandtk Do you know anything more about his pup? TIA

He did not have his dog with him....his landlord has been watching his dog......

It doesn't seem as if his dog (Sasha?) was with him when he disappeared. I haven't seen any info on who may have her now, or is indeed, he did go back home and get her. I don't think he did...posts I read here and links have stated it would be unusual for Tom to leave his dog and also not show up for work the next day.

@lhandtk Do you know anything more about his pup? TIA

I’m wondering if there is water along his route home? If he accidentally drove into said water it would account for the last ping in that direction, his car not being found as well as the disconnection from Onstar.

The police interviewed the person he was supposed to meet.....he did not show up
The person he was to meet did not show up? Or instead I’m assuming that Tom did not show up?
So was he going home to take care of pup/sleep/get up early for work, or was he indeed going to stay out longer to meet friend(s) and possible date?

So sorry if I’m rehashing things already discussed..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamzie
Back