Found Deceased NY - Tom Kelsey, 45, Katch at Venetian Shores, Lindenhurst, 7 July 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Possible routes home (if legit ping in West Islip). One way is through small villages, another on a highway. Camera surveillance is definitely along both routes.
Google Maps

There is an airport in Islip, fwiw.

It appears Mean Machine does have a website. I didn't check Facebook:

MEAN MACHINE - Home
Ironically, this band is scheduled to play at Katch on August 4th

And they played there July 7. So he saw that band there that night. Did I misunderstand? Was there another band he was leaving to go see?

Last edited:
PommyMommy….I didn't say "facility" per se but rather a retreat center....some are religious and some are for Yoga, Meditation etc...there is one in NC (near the mountains) and one or two in the Berkshires.....they do silent weekends, drum circles, lots of classes ...people can go and "recharge" themselves... I know someone who taught Yoga at one for several years.

PommyMommy….I didn't say "facility" per se but rather a retreat center....some are religious and some are for Yoga, Meditation etc...there is one in NC (near the mountains) and one or two in the Berkshires.....they do silent weekends, drum circles, lots of classes ...people can go and "recharge" themselves... I know someone who taught Yoga at one for several years.
I wasn't referring to your post. ;)

I would love to think that Tom is at a place like the ones you describe but I just don't see him going off to do that in the middle of the night with no notice to his employer, no mention of it to his friends, no arrangements made for his dog, etc. Really nice thought, though. I wish... :( MOO

I wasn't referring to your post. ;)

I would love to think that Tom is at a place like the ones you describe but I just don't see him going off to do that in the middle of the night with no notice to his employer, no mention of it to his friends, no arrangements made for his dog, etc. Really nice thought, though. I wish... :( MOO
Is there family? I saw mention of a brother on some of the FB pages that are trying to find him. And a cousin who is posting. That's it though..mostly his friends.

Also an update about that ping near West Islip, on Sunrise Highway and 231. There is a cloverleaf entrance/exit between the roads rather than an intersection. Someone is offering camera footage. Fingers crossed.

Hope someone is caring for his dog. Bet she misses him.

Is there family? I saw mention of a brother on some of the FB pages that are trying to find him. And a cousin who is posting. That's it though..mostly his friends.

Also an update about that ping near West Islip, on Sunrise Highway and 231. There is a cloverleaf entrance/exit between the roads rather than an intersection. Someone is offering camera footage. Fingers crossed.

You bring up a great point...….if there is a relative and/or a friend of Tom posting here please get verified by a mod as a verified insider....that way we can use your posts to separate fact from fiction...there is a lot of info zooming around in other arenas

You bring up a great point...….if there is a relative and/or a friend of Tom posting here please get verified by a mod as a verified insider....that way we can use your posts to separate fact from fiction...there is a lot of info zooming around in other arenas
Not posting here. If you search his name on FB with Missing, there are many friends updating pages every day. One is a cousin and a brother has been mentioned.

Sorry this is off topic, but your post made me think of this. I watched Missing 411: The Hunted the other night, which is a new documentary by David Paulides about hunters who have disappeared from National Park areas. The first guy featured disappeared from New York in November 2015 (I may have the year wrong), and they interviewed his wife. They show his dog sitting up looking out the kitchen window and she said the dog sits there all the time watching for her husband to come home. As if the poor man disappearing wasn't sad enough, that really got me. Poor puppy.

I hadn't read about this case until today, but I sure hope this guy is found safe.

Sorry this is off topic, but your post made me think of this. I watched Missing 411: The Hunted the other night, which is a new documentary by David Paulides about hunters who have disappeared from National Park areas. The first guy featured disappeared from New York in November 2015 (I may have the year wrong), and they interviewed his wife. They show his dog sitting up looking out the kitchen window and she said the dog sits there all the time watching for her husband to come home. As if the poor man disappearing wasn't sad enough, that really got me. Poor puppy.

I hadn't read about this case until today, but I sure hope this guy is found safe.
Really sad. Cases involving dogs (and cats) make me extra sad. :(

Being a limo driver, he would /should know his way all over and around Long Island and probably into NYC as well.
and may have an EZ Pass for his limo job...….

And to go off topic with you zecats….I remember the Robert Mayer MP case here (still unsolved) ...one of our WS members reminded us of the movie Donnie Brosco when Al Pacino was going to be whacked and left all his jewelry home b/c he knew his death was coming and IIRC Rob had left personal items home.

Wouldn't his vehicle register with EZ Pass if traveling around Long Island? I'm not sure if the LIE has EZ Pass, just a thought. Living in the tri-state area I know that vehicles can easily be followed that way, whether you have EZ Pass or not.

Sunrise and 231 in West Islip. There is a creek there, Sampawams Creek. How big is it and is it surrounded by houses or wooded area? I am not familiar with it at all, although I have probably driven past it several times. MOO

Wouldn't his vehicle register with EZ Pass if traveling around Long Island? I'm not sure if the LIE has EZ Pass, just a thought. Living in the tri-state area I know that vehicles can easily be followed that way, whether you have EZ Pass or not.
No there are no tolls on Long Island. Not even the Parkways or the LIE. Only EZ Pass info would show up in Mid Town Tunnel or if he left Brooklyn on VZ Bridge.

Cameras cameras everywhere, though. Port Jeff Ferry another way off island, but wouldn't be a secret. MOO

I was thinking that he may have used his employers' Pass and was in another vehicle...to get into NYC you pay a toll but not if you take the 59th Street Bridge

Sunrise and 231 in West Islip. There is a creek there, Sampawams Creek. How big is it and is it surrounded by houses or wooded area? I am not familiar with it at all, although I have probably driven past it several times. MOO
Here is image of area. It's actually very near where my son lives. I need to ask him if he's heard anything.
Google Maps

And the creek...not so big.
Google Maps

No there are no tolls on Long Island. Not even the Parkways or the LIE. Only EZ Pass info would show up in Mid Town Tunnel or if he left Brooklyn on VZ Bridge.

Cameras cameras everywhere, though. Port Jeff Ferry another way off island, but wouldn't be a secret. MOO
Orient Point is another ferry...would take him north to CT and then he could hop AMtrack to RI, MA and further

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akwy
Back