NY - Two firefighters & woman slain, 3 injured in Webster ambush, 24 Dec 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Unfortunately, lots of people are getting out after having killed someone. He actually served a long sentence for a manslaughter conviction-especially considering this was a family member.

Ah, don't tell me there is usually a shorter sentence for murdering a family member? I can't make any sense of that at all.

This picture shows something very controversial that occurred about 20 years ago. There used to be a bridge at the circled area. People who housed their boats in the bay cried that they couldn't get their boats out on to Lake Ontario because there was a road across the outlet.

The local residents were very angry because where you see his house it takes about an additional 20 minutes to get to the hospital once the road across the bay outlet was removed. The state didn't want to put in a lift bridge and basically gave the finger to those residents. So I'm assuming it took an additional 20 minutes for the firefighters to get to the hospital.

2-2_zpsee3b208a.jpg

My brother and I are at very different ends of the political spectrum. He sided with the boat owners. I sided with the people who had started a "Bridge It" campaign. I couldn't and still can't understand it. The people who housed their boats in the bay knew when they housed them there that they would only be able to use the bay. Since the people who owned the boats probably have a lot more money and political pull they won out, and the local residents didn't.

It doesn't have much to do with this situation, but when you have two people relying on getting to the hospital it does to me.

That is one of the most disgusting examples of someone's desire for enjoyment and comfort usurping other folks' need to be safe. :(.

This seems to be where we are across the board lately.

I agree that nothing is funny about this situation. I was laughing at your questions. Just because he was a criminal doesn't mean he couldn't get his hands on a gun or that it was even hard for him to get one. Criminals own guns illegally all the time. If they followed the rules then they wouldn't be criminals. It's like questioning how someone gets drugs.

Exactly. I think that's what jjenny was getting at, too. If the guns are there, people will get them, legal or not.

Another Bushmaster, indeed. Lovely.

Were facing a new kind of criminal. Now we're shooting our first responders. The ones who are willing to die for us. I just don't know how to stop it. We have lost something in America. The American dream is becoming a joke. People are taking advantage of the rights, that our forefathers have worked so hard to get. People are taking what was meant to make us free, and changing it to fear. We are letting evil take over. JMO

Beautifully and heartbreakingly said.

I weep for what we are becoming.

No offense to anyone, but there is a gun thread in the political pavillion to discuss gun issues. Thanks.

Exactly. I think that's what jjenny was getting at, too. If the guns are there, people will get them, legal or not.

Another Bushmaster, indeed. Lovely.

Bushmaster is a firearms company. One of many that make the AR-15, it's a semi-automatic rifle that shots .223 ammo.

This picture shows something very controversial that occurred about 20 years ago. There used to be a bridge at the circled area. People who housed their boats in the bay cried that they couldn't get their boats out on to Lake Ontario because there was a road across the outlet.

The local residents were very angry because where you see his house it takes about an additional 20 minutes to get to the hospital once the road across the bay outlet was removed. The state didn't want to put in a lift bridge and basically gave the finger to those residents. So I'm assuming it took an additional 20 minutes for the firefighters to get to the hospital.

2-2_zpsee3b208a.jpg

My brother and I are at very different ends of the political spectrum. He sided with the boat owners. I sided with the people who had started a "Bridge It" campaign. I couldn't and still can't understand it. The people who housed their boats in the bay knew when they housed them there that they would only be able to use the bay. Since the people who owned the boats probably have a lot more money and political pull they won out, and the local residents didn't.

It doesn't have much to do with this situation, but when you have two people relying on getting to the hospital it does to me.

So the bay is on the bottom (south) of the picture. And there is no road or bridge there now so the boats can get out into the lake?

Did a bridge and road used to be there? Or just a road? If I am reading it right, just a road. And the road was removed simply for the convenience of lake access?

Sorry to be so dense. I'm getting a headache...I think from the change in weather.

Are these a mix of summer and year-round houses?

Thanks!

What in heaven's name is happening???
So much mental illness? hate?
We need to stop the madness

So the bay is on the bottom (south) of the picture. And there is no road or bridge there now so the boats can get out into the lake?

Did a bridge and road used to be there? Or just a road? If I am reading it right, just a road. And the road was removed simply for the convenience of lake access?

Sorry to be so dense. I'm getting a headache...I think from the change in weather.

Thanks!

There was a low flat bridge that the boats couldn't fit under. So a bunch of boat owners housed their boats in Irondequoit Bay (which is south of the picture) wanted to get out on to lake Ontario. So they removed the low bridge and made it so the boats could get out. They spent a lot of taxpayer money to do that, but couldn't afford a lift bridge.

I haven't been down there in a long time and some reports said something about a swing bridge, but the Google picture doesn't show one, nor have I ever heard of one being put in.

Here's a better picture. This shows the bay below the white circle, which is the outlet circled in the other pictures.

irondequoitbay_zpsbe43bcbd.png

Before they ripped out the bridge the boat owners could only use the bay. However, they KNEW that when they decided to house their boats there. I'm sure it was a lot cheaper to house them there due to only having bay access.

Unfortunately, lots of people are getting out after having killed someone. He actually served a long sentence for a manslaughter conviction-especially considering this was a family member.

He was orig charged with 2nd degree murder which would have had a life term. It never went to trial. He pled guilty to manslaughter and spent 17 yrs. He was denied parole.....he was an unwilling participant t his parole hearing. Not sure how many times he was denied or why he was granted parole eventually. He had supervised parole until 2006 with no problems.

On another note.......Westboro Baptist is planning on protesting at funeral. Locals here have organized a human chain to block them like they did in CT. Is nothing sacred anymore? A volunteers funeral????

Ah, don't tell me there is usually a shorter sentence for murdering a family member? I can't make any sense of that at all.

If a person kills a family member, sometimes the rest of the family supports that person or at least doesn't demand justice and stiff sentences. I've seen that a lot in cases where one family member kills another one.

He was orig charged with 2nd degree murder which would have had a life term. It never went to trial. He pled guilty to manslaughter and spent 17 yrs. He was denied parole.....he was an unwilling participant t his parole hearing. Not sure how many times he was denied or why he was granted parole eventually. He had supervised parole until 2006 with no problems.

On another note.......Westboro Baptist is planning on protesting at funeral. Locals here have organized a human chain to block them like they did in CT. Is nothing sacred anymore? A volunteers funeral????

BBM

How does one join that group? People in that group need to make "Revoke WBC's Tax Exempt Status!!!"

http://www.democratandchronicle.com...n-Ritter-Greece-police-Webster-shootings-fire

Officer John Ritter describes shooting scene in Webster
Emotional Ritter: 'I don't know why I'm still here ...'
7:08 PM, Dec 26, 2012

Just after 5:30 a.m. Monday, Greece Police Officer John Ritter was on the same road he travels to work everyday, and found himself in the cross hairs of a gunman apparently bent on killing anyone that came into his sights....

Thanks!

there is a bridge there. its is used during the winter and closed during the summer as it is movable. So they were able to use the bridge that day.

Bushmaster is a firearms company. One of many that make the AR-15, it's a semi-automatic rifle that shots .223 ammo.

Ahhh. Thank you. That is why the reports said Bushmaster .223.

But it was still the same brand that Adam Lanza used to slaughter 20 innocent babies, right?

Sounds like a swell gun!

Ahhh. Thank you. That is why the reports said Bushmaster .223.

But it was still the same brand that Adam Lanza used to slaughter 20 innocent babies, right?

Sounds like a swell gun!

Yes, same gun. Have they figured out where this lunatic procured his gun, though? Seeing as he was a felon he couldn't legally possess it. I'm curious to see what comes of that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange
Back