NY NY - Valarie Lorraine Cuccia, 20, Brooklyn, 7 May 1974

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The above dates are very close! I agree, the shoes are interesting..
Good find Aurora90
I have yet to get an update. I really would like to get this ruled out if it isn't her. I think this should have been ruled out earlier.

Twenty-year-old Valarie (sometimes spelled Valerie) Cuccia and a friend hitchhiked to the Banana Fish Disco in Brooklyn on May 4th, 1974.

Outside the club around 9 pm, Valarie’s friend saw her climb into a blue, metallic car with Massachusetts plates. The friend described the men inside as white and “hard looking”. Valarie was never heard from again and left all of her belongings behind.

Now Iam just thinking out loud …
It’s strange 2 friends that go to a club together and one just leaves the other one and does not say anything. the friend sees her getting into a car with 2 guys she has never seen before and out of state plates … wouldn’t you want to know where your friend is going?

• Missing Since05/04/1974
  • Missing FromBrooklyn, New York
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing

• SexFemale
  • RaceWhite
  • Date of Birth10/12/1953 (69)
  • Age20 years old

• Height and Weight
  • 5’6
  • 120 pounds

• Clothing/Jewelry Description
  • A plaid coat with a fake fur collar and a belt around the waist,
  • tan or camel-colored pants with cuffs,
  • a striped polo shirt,
  • and black boots with studs on the sides.
  • Carrying a wallet.

• Associated Vehicle(s)Blue car with a metallic finish and Massachusetts license plates

• Distinguishing Characteristics
  • Caucasian female.
  • Black hair,
  • brown eyes.

• Cuccia has a scar on her left calf, and her cheeks show dimples when she smiles. She may use the alternate birthdate October 16, 1953.

Details of Disappearance​

Cuccia met a female friend at the P.S. (Public School) 211 Park in the New York City borough of Brooklyn on May 4, 1974. They hitchhiked together to the Banana Fish nightclub (now defunct) on 96th Street and 3rd Avenue that evening, then separated once inside the club.

Cuccia's friend saw her getting into a car two unidentified Caucasian men at 9:00 p.m. The friend described the men as "hard looking" and said their car was a blue with a metallic finish and Massachusetts license plates. She may have been forced into it. She has never been heard from again.

Cuccia attended the City College of New York in 1974 and enjoyed playing the guitar; she owned two guitars, which were left behind at her home.
She lived with her parents and younger sister in the 1300 block of east 96th Street in the Canarsie neighborhood at the time of her disappearance, and her family stated she had no serious boyfriends and rarely went on dates.

Cuccia's parents are now deceased, but her two brothers, one of whom became a New York State police officer, still hope for answers in her disappearance. Her case remains unsolved.
  • valerie_lorraine_cuccia_1.jpg
  • valerie_lorraine_cuccia_2.jpg

I have the impression that she was taken by force, maybe she was forced to take some drug or alcohol or was drugged in the nightclub... It shows that she was a good, quiet girl from home, but evil always seeks to harm wherever it is. .
rest in peace

Aurora90 ...that is a good question! Seems like it's been quite sometime since you submitted.

Aurora90.....any response on your suggestion?
I received a response! I guess the dental plate excludes her from being that jane doe. Good catch to the person in this thread who caught that.

Good Morning ******

We did not initiate a formal comparison on our end as the dental information for both persons was significantly different.
We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us.

Megan E. Walker
Intelligence Analyst – New York State Police
NYSIC – Investigative Support Unit
NYS Violent Crimes Analysis Program
nysvicap@troopers.ny.gov
NYS ViCAP 1-800-445-2500

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics