GUILTY NY - Valerie Reyes, 24, found deceased, New Rochelle, 29 Jan 2019 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hopefully, LE is looking into all that. Good questions. If she thought someone was going to murder her, you would think she would be seeking someplace safe. Maybe she had a friend in Manhattan that she went to stay with to be safe. Unfortunately, if the right people want you dead, you're dead.

Hopefully, LE is looking into all that. Good questions. If she thought someone was going to murder her, you would think she would be seeking someplace safe. Maybe she had a friend in Manhattan that she went to stay with to be safe. Unfortunately, if the right people want you dead, you're dead.

Very true about that. It just makes you wonder- what spooked her enough to make her leave her apartment, and not contact any family or friends for two days before she was murdered? Was she afraid to get family/friends involved, for fear that whoever did this to her would harm them, too, if she went to them for help? I wonder why she didn't go to LE for help- of course, assuming she knew who the suspect was. Then again, we see time and time again where a woman seeks help from these monsters that kill them, but are never given help to stay safe from them. If they get arrested, it brings out more anger and violence the next time they see the victim.

It is a bit coincidental that she broke up with someone and died soon after. He might not have done something to her, but he just might have a friend or two, if you catch my drift, that owed him one.

"Glenville, one of Greenwich's five suburbs, is what many residents called a "pass-through town." Sandwiched between Interstate 95 and the Hutchinson River Parkway, the town sees many people travel through.

https://www.lohud.com/story/news/2019/02/08/valerie-reyes-greenwich-community/2803100002/
"It's like the first town of Connecticut," said Salvatore Tramontano, owner of Gville Deli. "We get people here from all over."

The site of a former textile factory that employed immigrants from Poland, Ireland and Italy in the 19th century, Glenville today is a mix of modest single-family homes and palatial colonial and tudor-style estates. Greenwich's median household income is $124,958.

Reyes' body was found near The Rockfields, an 11-acre estate once owned by the Rockefeller family. The property, which sold for $23.9 million, serves as the invisible border between Glenville's two economically distinct sections, Ferraro said.

"Half of Glenville is more working class," Ferraro said. "But go towards the back country and you start to get into the big money. You see mansions, houses as large as schools."

So who has a large spare red suitcase hanging around, why was Valerie left tied up, surely it is unnecessary to "confine" a person who is already deceased and encased in a suitcase? Any reason for dumping the body in that particular area?
Is there a message or meaning behind all of that?
speculation, imo.
New York woman, 24, predicted her murder before being found in suitcase in affluent Connecticut town, mom says
“She was very scared, very frightened,” Sanchez told the Rockland/Westchester Journal News. “She didn’t mention anything or no one specific. She just said, ‘I’m scared. I’m paranoid, mommy. I’m getting anxiety attacks.’ She was having a hard time talking.”

Sanchez tried to elicit more details from her daughter but came up empty."
“I asked about her ex-boyfriend. And she said, ‘No,’” Sanchez said, noting the pair had broken up Jan. 24, just days before Reyes went off the grid."
"Reyes' cause of death has not been revealed and no arrests in the case have been announced. Investigators have asked anyone with information on the case to contact 203-622-3333."

Very true about that. It just makes you wonder- what spooked her enough to make her leave her apartment, and not contact any family or friends for two days before she was murdered? Was she afraid to get family/friends involved, for fear that whoever did this to her would harm them, too, if she went to them for help? I wonder why she didn't go to LE for help- of course, assuming she knew who the suspect was. Then again, we see time and time again where a woman seeks help from these monsters that kill them, but are never given help to stay safe from them. If they get arrested, it brings out more anger and violence the next time they see the victim.

It is a bit coincidental that she broke up with someone and died soon after. He might not have done something to her, but he just might have a friend or two, if you catch my drift, that owed him one.

Makes me wonder if she was alone in her apartment the day she left and took her sheets with her. What if she didn't leave alone and someone made her leave and they suggested the sheets be taken. Taking sheets is just really strange to me.

In the atm video showing her withdrawing money I wonder if someone was actually with her making her withdraw money and they just don't show up on the atm camera footage. I hope LE is checking all the neighboring video cam footage from businesses next to the atm she was at that night to see what direction she went and if she was actually alone.

Has anyone confirmed that the suitcase her body was found in was her own suitcase? Also has there been any sign of her bed sheets? This case is just heartbreaking and there are way to many unknowns right now. I feel so much sympathy for her poor mother and family. Hope LE can find her killer quickly.

'She was a sweetheart': Friend of murder victim found in Greenwich in shock over discovery

Reyes, who lived alone, had moved into a basement apartment in a multifamily house in the historic Westchester County city about two or three years ago, DeGiacomo said. The young woman’s family lives nearby.

SNIP

“She was the sweetest most gentle girl, like I can’t see anyone harming her,” DeGiacomo said. “It’s disgusting. And to put her in a suitcase? And just think about her last minutes, her last breaths.”

SNIP

“It’s disgusting. It’s disgusting. And this person is on the streets? Walking the streets still? It’s unbelievable,” she said. “And then to find out someone took pictures of her?”

DeGiacomo was reacting to reports that Greenwich authorities are investigating a town Department of Public Works foreman, identified by his lawyer as James Clifford, who was called to the scene by a co-worker and then took photos of Reyes and the crime scene.

SNIP

His lawyer, Lindy Urso, said Clifford “was stunned and devastated by what he found ... and it was an obvious error in judgment to take a picture - but he certainly had no ill will or bad intention.” Clifford has been placed on administrative leave by the town.

SNIP

At a small market around the corner from Reyes’ apartment, Mary Narvaez learned late Thursday morning that police had positively identified Reyes as the homicide victim.

SNIP

Narvaez said she was interviewed about the woman’s disappearance a couple of days ago, and police checked the store’s video surveillance.

SNIP

The last time Narvaez said she saw Reyes in the store was Jan. 28. Reyes picked up groceries and seemed, “Very normal. Like a happy person,” she said.

The woman said Reyes brought her boyfriend into the store right after the start of the New Year. It was the first time Reyes brought anyone in with her, she said. The man, who Narvaez described as “Filipino,” didn’t talk much, but “seemed normal,” she said.

A man working at a deli near Reyes’ home said his sister saw the woman with a guy about two-and-a-half weeks ago. He said Reyes usually came in alone.
#

Greenwich DPW worker took photos of murder victim

Town officials would not identify the employee Thursday, but multiple sources have confirmed he is Department of Public Works foreman James Clifford, who has been placed on administrative leave pending the investigation. Officials said they would “take appropriate action” once the probe is completed, according to a statement from Town Hall.

SNIP

Greenwich attorney Lindy R. Urso, who is representing Clifford, said that snapping a photo was a lapse in judgment made by a traumatized person, who was stunned by what he had encountered.

SNIP

“One would think that (Greenwich police) would want to use all of their resources trying to find out who murdered this poor woman rather than trying to make a scapegoat of Mr. Clifford,” Urso said, describing Clifford as an Army veteran, single father of three, a grandfather, and town worker of 26 years who “hasn’t called in sick in over 4 years.”

SNIP

The Greenwich Police Department would not comment on whether the employee — they did not name Clifford — could face criminal charges.

I question the word "paranoid" that they keep using to describe that she was afraid someone was going to kill her. I think of someone that is afraid without merit or that shows other signs that point to paranoia other than just someone saying they are afraid they were going to be killed. It's not paranoia if it's warranted. That's just my take on it.

It's possible Reyes could be the latest victim of LISK (Long Island Serial Killer). LISK has been known to roam the Times Square area in relation to his victims, usually afterward by using their cell phones that get pinged in that location. Reyes could have been taken or lured there before her death. And if you look at the map, Greenwich, CT is just north of Long Island and where his victims were found at Gilgo Beach (red marker). And from what Reye's mother stated about her daughters paranoia, it's very similar to that of possible LISK victim, Shannon Gilbert. And . . . similar to another possible LISK victim: an unidentified female that was found in a suitcase, who is referred to as "Peaches" from a peach tattoo discovered on her body.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 11.05.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-08 at 11.05.48 AM.png
    919 KB · Views: 19
It's possible Reyes could be the latest victim of LISK (Long Island Serial Killer). LISK has been known to roam the Times Square area in relation to his victims, usually afterward by using their cell phones that get pinged in that location. Reyes could have been taken or lured there before her death. And if you look at the map, Greenwich, CT is just north of Long Island and where his victims were found at Gilgo Beach (red marker). And from what Reye's mother stated about her daughters paranoia, it's very similar to that of possible LISK victim, Shannon Gilbert. And . . . similar to another possible LISK victim: an unidentified female that was found in a suitcase, who is referred to as "Peaches" from a peach tattoo discovered on her body.

I’m not sold on LISK but I do believe in the possiblity that she may have been groomed for sex trafficking if she was not already working. It may be the reason why she was so vague with her mother after she told her she was scared. Times Square, the subway, 2am, ending up in an affluent neighborhood all put the sex industry taste in my mouth. She was quiet, kept to herself and went through a break up recently. All things that make her vulnerable to these people.

Oh God, please no! I agree, it's very possibl but if so, let's pray Valerie's death is his last because they finally catch him. She can't have died in vain.

Now I’m a little unorthodox in my investigative method. I am more inclined to look at the things that are not there. Now what is odd to me is that she went missing Tuesday used her bank card in Manhattan on Thursday and was found dead 5 days later. My immediate question is all taboo robbery gone bad motives aside exactly when was she put in the suitcase? Secondly how did the killer transport her into the woods

I think someone killed her, wrapped her up in the sheets and disposed of her. Then took some of her things to make it look like she up and left. Also, another theory is she was doing something with another man, and she already had a boyfriend. Then, she realized that she wanted to run away with this man. They take the sheets with them so there is no evidence of the two being together.

I think someone killed her, wrapped her up in the sheets and disposed of her. Then took some of her things to make it look like she up and left. Also, another theory is she was doing something with another man, and she already had a boyfriend. Then, she realized that she wanted to run away with this man. They take the sheets with them so there is no evidence of the two being together.
She had just broken up with her boyfriend the week before, so that last part is unlikely.

Does anyone know when they figured out her sheets were missing? I don’t want to assume it was day 1 when no one could reach her. It may not have happened until after the ATM sighting. When did the cops or family actually discover this? It would be odd if the sheets went missing while she was still alive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back