GUILTY NY - Vincent Viafore, 46, Newburgh, 19 April 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the pros' accusation that she both tampered with the paddle & moved or pushed it away from him when he was sinking/drowning?

The tampering with the paddle may be distinct from moving the paddle from his reach bc during the Q & A portion of the presser, I transcribed that DA stated there was "an item on the paddle." Yet, I haven't read anything about that detail.

What could that be (item on paddle)? Perhaps, I did not hear him correctly.

Interesting

The way I understood it, she happened to go there that day, with the garden group? LE was there investigating.

This island is off limits, you are not supposed to just go there.
(especially in April)
There are scheduled tours according to their website.

http://bannermancastle.org/island-tours.html

Yes, looks that way ^^

Police say they took Graswald into custody on Bannerman’s Island just north of Cold Spring where she was placing flowers on April 29. They would not discuss whether or not she had been under active surveillance.

http://philipstown.info/2015/04/30/state-police-say-kayaker-a-killer/

Caplan said events took a turn when Graswald, an avid photographer, visited the island on Wednesday and met investigators.

"She was there with police, and they had asked her to walk around," he said.
"It seemed they may have had some suspicions about her."

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...-Missing-New-York-Hudson-River-302204221.html

Think this second article is what made me think she was invited there by LE.

In any event, in 15 years she's as fluent as she would be in 20. She's fluent. IMO.

I wholeheartedly agree with you regarding her fluency--I do believe she has been fully immersed in our culture here. I do think wfgodot made a good point about language though as she may not understand all idiomatic language or legal speak. (FWIW, I get tripped up with legal speak at times..lol.) Based on the answers we are told she gave, I tend to believe she was fluent enough to comprehend what was being asked. I just think she is a very poor liar and got caught.

Why would anyone choose to take the chance of being in cold choppy and twilit tidal waters, uncertain of her own safety, thus using this ill-favored setting and course of action as a legitimate means of overseeing the end of another's life? She could not in any sense be certain of her own rescue that evening.

Well if media reports are correct with stating the people from Cornwall Yacht Club who were coming to her rescue saw her dump herself, then I do believe she was certain of her safety. She didn't put herself in the water until the boat was close enough to rescue her within minutes of capsizing herself. (My guess is that the boaters were using binoculars while heading out to her and she wasn't anticipating that.) If she was an avid kayaker, she knew that hypothermia would set in within 30 mins at the 46° water temp. I think she knew not to dump herself too early.

Yes, looks that way ^^

Police say they took Graswald into custody on Bannerman’s Island just north of Cold Spring where she was placing flowers on April 29. They would not discuss whether or not she had been under active surveillance.

http://philipstown.info/2015/04/30/state-police-say-kayaker-a-killer/

Caplan said events took a turn when Graswald, an avid photographer, visited the island on Wednesday and met investigators.

"She was there with police, and they had asked her to walk around," he said.
"It seemed they may have had some suspicions about her."

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...-Missing-New-York-Hudson-River-302204221.html

Think this second article is what made me think she was invited there by LE.

I think there was a link stating her friends saw her being arrested, IIRC.

Well if media reports are correct with stating the people from Cornwall Yacht Club who were coming to her rescue saw her dump herself, then I do believe she was certain of her safety. She didn't put herself in the water until the boat was close enough to rescue her within minutes of capsizing herself. (My guess is that the boaters were using binoculars while heading out to her and she wasn't anticipating that.) If she was an avid kayaker, she knew that hypothermia would set in within 30 mins at the 46° water temp. I think she knew not to dump herself too early.
She was treated for hypothermia at a hospital.

Some of this, especially mention of her doing cartwheels, takes me back to the Amanda Knox trial and how she was portrayed in the press...
http://www.injusticeinperugia.org/FBI.html

A big difference here is we have Angelika saying she pushed his paddle away, and she tampered with his kayak; and she stood to gain from life insurance of 250K.
Her defense is going to have a difficult time with those IMO, and of course her saying she was glad he was dead (I think before he was even found?) does not help.

Another difference or two was Amanda's age (quite young), and her relationship to the deceased (roommates, not engaged), and the fact that the press made her out to be a wanton woman.

Yeah, Amanda did a few moves to stretch during hours of questioning. Not the same thing as posting repeated, exuberant posts and videos days after ones own fiancé has likely drowned.

I don't see the similarity.

Why would anyone choose to take the chance of being in cold choppy and twilit tidal waters, uncertain of her own safety, thus using this ill-favored setting and course of action as a legitimate means of overseeing the end of another's life? She could not in any sense be certain of her own rescue that evening.

Good question.

Have you ever heard the tale of the scorpion and the turtle? Safety, sense, and logic kind of goes out the window some times.
http://www.snopes.com/critters/malice/scorpion.asp

Good question.

I'm curious as to her phone records and contacts in the critical time period leading up to VV's death. There is much we don't know about who she may have been communicating with (including and in addition to the "telescope couple").

There's the potential that there could be another party involved. Yes, this is purely speculative on my part. It hasn't been ruled in or out (and I am only referring to her rescue from the water).

She DID have her phone with her, after all.
:dunno:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads