GUILTY NY - Vincent Viafore, 46, Newburgh, 19 April 2015 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If authorities haven't found V V's body by now, I wonder if they will ever find him. :(

Woke up for poor Vinny on mind this morning.

If you feel trapped in a relationship with a man who is supporting you, how about you just, I dunno... get a fricking JOB. Arg!

Most excellent post.

I watched the news this morning, they tried to skew the facts.

I went outside this morning to take pics of my boat. It was 50 degrees and cold.

I started kayaking white water 20+ years ago with certified instructors.
I passed my lifesaving red cross at age 12.
I also passed my sailing instruction at age 40 Long Island Sound NY Sailing school with certification. I am certified.

I bought my perception kayak 10+ years ago. All my equipment is from marine stores, local.

The plug on my boat is rear/stern. Up top and very small. I had to dump my boat to drain the standing water this morning. I put my hand next to it for context.

I have 2 flotation inside my boat, so it won't ever sink. Basically Styrofoam. I took a pic inside. Here ya go, hope this works.

HcAv7fF.jpg

1U4bjmd.jpg
flotation inside

KRwjw6A.jpg
my hand this morning for perspective.

Let's see if this works.

Just catching up with this one, hadn't seen it before. :ohwow: Another one...Jodi Arias, Shayna Hubers, and now this woman. What is wrong with these people who just can't seem to end a relationship without resorting to murder? Amazing!

ETA I just hope the DT does NOT play 'trash the victim' in order to provide this woman a defense.

The difference here is, at least based on what little we know, is that SHE was the one who wanted out. From what I have read, Vinny was crazy in love with her.
The ONLY thing I can think of, as far as her being 'trapped' goes, is if he knew she was wanting out, and tried to foil her attempts to get a job, knowing she would bail once she had her own income. Maybe he was controlling. ...sigh... maybe he just loved her and wanted her to be able to volunteer and take pictures as she wished.

Trash the victim: He loved too much! The horror! She had no choice!

Thank you for taking the time to do that BunnyHop!
The visual really helps!
:bow:
:yourock:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still don't get it. If she tampered with the kayak and it filled with water, why did it still float and Vinny could not hold on??

Again, if it filled with water it would still be on the bottom of the Hudson. Where were the kayaks found, I'd like to know. Didn't she tell them where they could find both or just his??

Snipped

The plug on my boat is rear/stern. Up top and very small. I had to dump my boat to drain the standing water this morning. I put my hand next to it for context.

I have 2 flotation inside my boat, so it won't ever sink. Basically Styrofoam.

Thank you for the pics and your expertise! What is your theory on how she "tampered" with the vessel??

As you can see on my boat the plug screws in and is very small. IMO, there no way a boat like this can flood from such a small hole on upper rear deck. It would be a small drip.
Granted, my boat is not his. It would be more likely you would be flooded through your main opening. Maybe by waves or otherwise. IMO, it would take a lot to swamp you. She was not swamped. She stayed and watched.

I would like to know what they were wearing at the time. Again very cold here last night and this morning, no way I would go out in such weather unless properly outfitted.

It will be super interesting....considering they haven't found the body yet. :)

Up thread the DM article states a body was pulled from the river on wed, will be autopsy today. If this is true hopefully its him.

ciao

Thanks for the pics of the Kayak bunnyhop! :) It goes along with the link I added upthread about how very hard it is to sink a kayak and the plug being missing is really not enough to put yourself in jeopardy.
I am wondering if the tampering could have been the cutting of the tie-downs? Perhaps VV's life jacket was lashed down to the kayak at the start of the trip and she cut the bungee, the life jacket floats off...then she rams his kayak, he falls off and she drags it away from him. In cold, choppy seas without a life jacket he would tire quickly...

I hope LE has a kayak expert who could tell it was a recent "tampering" and didn't just assume she tampered with it. Perhaps Vinny himself "customized" his kayak.

I hope LE has a kayak expert who could tell it was a recent "tampering" and didn't just assume she tampered with it. Perhaps Vinny himself "customized" his kayak.

IMO, they had crappy little rec kayaks. No way suitable for hudson especially in April. Maybe marshes and coves-yes. Stay very close to shore-yes. I would never do a crossing at sundown in these crappers. I know my boat has floatation. I know I can swim to shore. I know I have a life vest and I wear appropriate clothing. Polypropylene etc.

As I said I have done white water upstate numerous times, different boat all together. proper outfitters and gear. I have also done sea kayaks LI Sound, NJ and Florida. Again proper boats gear.

He was either dumb struck or set up IMHO.

Gee, I sense this attitude in some posts that it's a bad thing she talked and incriminated herself. Me? I want the bad guys caught and put away. I want justice for the innocent not protection for the evil.

As as to their evasiveness, as I have said, LE and the state try to keep their evidence under wraps typically for as long as they can. That is smart strategy. I don't hold press conferences and give away all my evidence before trial. Or before the discovery phase. It would be insane to do so.

Finally, I think it's quite clear that the inconsistencies led to questioning that resulted in the confession and ultimately an arrest. There is zero evidence that the police did something wrong here and I'm baffled by what seems to be attempts to paint them as the bad guys.

There's only one bad guy here
and it's not the cops.

Good post I couldn't agree more

Could she have weighted down his kayak (perhaps doing so while he was unaware on the island) with something (no clue what) that he would somehow be unlikely to notice until they got too far out in the water for it to be that apparent (so it either getting worse with time or maybe even taking on water once he got further out there)?

And then once he fell out or it rolled and capsized or whatever, probably initially submerging him and likely partly submerging itself or even keeping him pressed down under it that the object/weight/whatever was something that could basically fall out or loosen itself once rolled and Vincent's personal weight wasn't also adding to the kayak doing what it was?

Then once that weighted whatever fell out, it allowed the kayak to return to the service?

(I know what I'm trying to say but I feel like it's not coming out right!)

IMO, she waited for a passing boat before she capsized.
I said it before, rocks or weights in his storage hatch.
No way drips from his plug would swamp him from my own personal experience see my pics above.

I still don't get it. If she tampered with the kayak and it filled with water, why did it still float and Vinny could not hold on??

Again, if it filled with water it would still be on the bottom of the Hudson. Where were the kayaks found, I'd like to know. Didn't she tell them where they could find both or just his??

Yeah that. My boat has floatation fore and aft, my boat won't sink. It's hard to sink a plastic kayak. Not saying it can't be done, but unlikely. The oar also floats.

The plug alone wouldn't do it IMO.
My opinion is he was impaired, possibly drugged. He could have easily swam to shore. :moo:

I mentioned thinking that was a likely possibility (along with some of them actually potentially also having been the rescuers) just a few hours ago.

I don't think we've heard, but I think it's extremely likely.

Some eyewitness saw enough that it gave LE the 20 minute-ish 'clock' in her 911 call delay, so either they saw something that looked bad and didn't report it and only came forward after, or else they saw it and called 911 and/or went out to try to help themselves.

Or they saw some of it but didn't understand the significance until later.

I am trying to understand the circumstances under which she was arrested several weeks ago. IIRC she was on the island placing flowers at the same time LE was there conducting the investigation. Did she accompany them there during questioning? Did she say hey as long as we going over there I would like to take some flowers? Or is the flower detail inaccurate?

Also, did they arrest her on the spot after she made her "inconsistent" statements? I always pictured them arresting her later. But if she indeed made those damning statements ("relief and pleasure") while talking to them on the island, I would imagine they would arrest her right there, or at least have her come back with them to the station to formally arrest her? None of these details probably matter in the long run, but I like to have enough details to picture in my mind how it all went down. I have searched and can't find if any of these have been disclosed yet. Do we know any of these details yet?

To me the logical progression is that the inconsistent statements were made on the island, those statements caused law-enforcement to realize that this may not be an accident and she was a suspect. Thus, they asked her to come to the station one more interviews. It was after they kept confronting her with her inconsistencies and possible witness statement that she likely confessed and was arrested.

Or do we know that she was arrested on the island?

Yeah that. My boat has floatation fore and aft, my boat won't sink. It's hard to sink a plastic kayak. Not saying it can't be done, but unlikely. The oar also floats.

The plug alone wouldn't do it IMO.
My opinion is he was impaired, possibly drugged. He could have easily swam to shore. :moo:

That's what I'm thinking. We have kayaks too but they are the sit-upon, Frenzy type ocean kayaks. I think you'd have to punch a big hole in order for it to sink.

Right, and why didn't he hold onto the oar and doggy-kick his way back to shore. It's not like he wasn't a good swimmer.

The difference here is, at least based on what little we know, is that SHE was the one who wanted out. From what I have read, Vinny was crazy in love with her.
The ONLY thing I can think of, as far as her being 'trapped' goes, is if he knew she was wanting out, and tried to foil her attempts to get a job, knowing she would bail once she had her own income. Maybe he was controlling. ...sigh... maybe he just loved her and wanted her to be able to volunteer and take pictures as she wished.

Trash the victim: He loved too much! The horror! She had no choice!

We only have her word that she wanted out. I still think HE wanted out. She had quit her job in a previous relationship and allowed the guy to support her according to a link I'm too tired to look for...so I don't think she wanted to work. If he was calling things off and changing his insurance, I can see her reacting with calculated fury...much like Jodi Arias. Women scorned often don't take it well (nor do men).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor