Found Deceased NY - William Mason, 69, last seen @ home, "highly suspicious", Parma, 25 May 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Cagle

Reaction score
One week later, investigators plead for help in Parma man's disappearance

Monroe County Sheriff's deputies are asking for the public's help in the search for a missing Parma man - one week after his disappearance.

William Mason, 69, was last seen on May 25 at 10:30 a.m. at his home on West Ridge Road.

After he was reported missing, deputies and search teams searched Mason's home, property, and the area around it. Drones, ATVs, K-9 units, and mounted patrols were brought in to help. Nothing came of the search.

"Big or small, if anyone has any information on the last time that they saw him - if they can give us any of that information to help us keep searching and aid us in tracking down where he may be," said Monroe County Sheriff's Office Deputy Brendan Hurley.

Mason's car is still at the house and he did not tell anyone he was thinking of going anywhere. Investigators said these, along with other indicators, lead them to deem the case "highly suspicious."

Mason is described as 5'7" tall with grayish hair and blue eyes, with a scar on his right eye.

Anyone who may know where Mason might be or spoke with him in the last few weeks is urged to call the MCSO Tip Line at (585) 753-4175.

2c0116e8-09ec-4d77-930d-d9d4f49be156-medium16x9_wdw.png
ParmaMAn.jpg

Deputies move into 'next phase' in search for missing Parma man
Updated: June 01, 2021 02:03 PM
Created: May 28, 2021 01:28 PM

SBM
The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office Friday said it stopped searching the area around 69-year-old William Mason's home, including his property and the nearby land. Deputies are now involving its Criminal Investigation Section (CIS), following up leads and processing evidence, while continuing efforts in a ground search.

Deputies: Disappearance of Parma man 'unusual and highly suspicious'
Updated: May 27, 2021 11:09 PM
Created: May 27, 2021 04:47 AM
SBBM

"In situations like this where we have an unusual circumstance where someone's missing—let's be quite honest—we treat it as a crime scene until we know that it's not, and that's why you see the response that you saw today," Tomasetti said.

[snip]

He also left his phone at the home.

Monroe County Sheriff's Office (MCSO) has FB posts regarding Bill's disappearance. I've not found any recent updates. BBM

MCSO - 27 May 2021 @ 5:39 AM
Missing Person: On 5/26/21 William Mason was reported missing from the Town of Parma. Mason was last seen on 5/25/21 at 10:30 AM near his residence. He is 69 years old, 5’7”, 165 lbs. with grayish hair, blue eyes and has a scar on his right eye. Please call 911 with any information.

MCSO - 27 May 2021 @ 10:39 AM
UPDATE: MCSO Missing Person Investigation - In Regards to the Parma Missing Person Investigation, MCSO has established a Tip Line for information on Mr. William Mason‘s whereabouts. Anyone with information is urged to call: 585-753-4175.

MCSO - 27 May 2021 @ 11:21 AM
MCSO Major Lou Tomassetti addressing the media regarding Parma Missing Person Investigation into the whereabouts of William Mason, 69, Parma. Thank you to our deputies, investigators, K9s, Fire, EMS, partnering 1st responders, citizens & media partners. Tip Line: 585-753-4175.

MCSO - 27 May 2021 @ 5:18PM
MCSO Major Lou Tomassetti addressing the media as deputies, 1st responders search for missing man William Mason, 69, Parma. Public urged to call MCSO Tip Line: 585-753-4175.
https://twitter.com/jaynech.../status/1398032541144293388...

Wonder why they're looking here (Trimmer Road in Spencerport)?

"The search continues for a missing Parma man. Police say the disappearance of William Mason, 69, is "highly suspicious."

Meanwhile, Monroe County sheriff's deputies were seen on Thursday removing items from a Spencerport home. They were still on scene early Friday morning on Trimmer Road. Police tape remains up around the property."

Sheriff's deputies search Spencerport home

I'm terrible at maps but it looks like the unusual window in the front of this house in the video above matches this Trimmer Rd one (BTW it looks like it's about 20 mins from West Ridge Rd):

WM.jpg

Thank you @pen for verifying. Like I said, I am lousy at maps and ran my little mouse's heart out clicking up and down Trimmer Dr. using google maps street view having a hard time figuring anything out!

Gee 3 minutes is so close to his home. Just wondering if that Trimmer Rd house was renovated recently because on the tax roll the house "bones" are the same but the exterior looks rather dated/different. Wonder why they searched that house? Was he a builder or did he do renovations? Was that house a project of his? So many questions. I sure hope he is safe and will come back home ASAP.

The roads around here are long and sometimes change names part way down so Google maps can definitely be confusing.

There is a dumpster in the driveway of that house and it appears like it is currently being renovated. I passed the house on Thursday on my way home from the doctor's office. I have no idea why they searched that particular home.

The stepson of Bill Mason, named Lance Mitchel, 43, was listed as a resident or owner of that property. I discovered this on an internet search. Mitchel is the son of Bill Mason's wife, who died in Nov. 2020. I found this info on her obituary. Mary Coffey Mason also has two daughters who are sisters to Lance. Neighbors to the house say the Sheriff's Deputies (Detectives) tore the house apart, and carried out bag after bag of stuff. Some they took with them, and some stuff ended up in a dumpster. A deputy has been guarding the house on a 24 hour basis, as reported by neighbors. Also, just before Mason's disappearance, there was an estate sale at or near his residence. This was told to me by a neighbor who passed the place on her way to work. I can't find any record of the sale, although I did come across photos of antiques and furniture at an auction in the Spencerport area. The website said that the sale was already over, so they couldn't list the address. It was some really nice stuff, country style Victorian antiques.

The roads around here are long and sometimes change names part way down so Google maps can definitely be confusing.

There is a dumpster in the driveway of that house and it appears like it is currently being renovated. I passed the house on Thursday on my way home from the doctor's office. I have no idea why they searched that particular home.
The dumpster was placed there by the Sheriff's Deputies (Detectives) who searched the house. They tore the place apart looking for....something.

Thank you @pen for verifying. Like I said, I am lousy at maps and ran my little mouse's heart out clicking up and down Trimmer Dr. using google maps street view having a hard time figuring anything out!

Gee 3 minutes is so close to his home. Just wondering if that Trimmer Rd house was renovated recently because on the tax roll the house "bones" are the same but the exterior looks rather dated/different. Wonder why they searched that house? Was he a builder or did he do renovations? Was that house a project of his? So many questions. I sure hope he is safe and will come back home ASAP.
It's Bill Mason's stepson's house. See my post for more details.

Something to consider....When Mason's wife passed away, she may not have left a will. In that case, all her estate goes to Bill, and adult kids get nothing. She has three children from a previous marriage, one with Bill Mason. (Bill Mason, Jr.) So if he sold all her antiques, perhaps he was also planning to sell the house. And the kids get nothing?

Also, I believe the police have one or more suspects in mind. The problem is, they don't have a body. They were searching behind the house on Trimmer Rd. but apparently found nothing. Western NY is a very big place. Lots of rural land, old unused farmland. Also a Great Lake nearby, many ponds and creeks.

Here is the link to Bill Mason's deceased wife's obituary. https://obits.democratandchronicle....y-ellen-mason-coffey&pid=197040766&fhid=13393 I correct myself, she had one daughter and two sons from a previous marriage, when she married a man with the last name of Mitchel. He is not named as pre-deceasing her, so we perhaps they are divorced.
Mary's grandson, Anthony, was listed as a resident of Bill's home on Ridge Rd. on the same website I where I see Lance residing at the Trimmer Road house. While these websites are very inaccurate--a long dead owner might be listed, or even someone who has never lived there--in this case, certainly we have some red flags. Seems obvious that the police either got a tip or figured out on their own to search the Trimmer Rd. house. Also significant that Anthony Mitchel--perhaps Lance's son or nephew--was living at his grandparent's home. The website listed his age as 26, which would make him almost too old to be Lance's son. Possible, but not probable. Again, these websites can be inaccurate. In any case, the Ridge Road property contains the large house, and two other substantial buildings. Interesting that they tore apart the much smaller house on Trimmer Rd, as opposed to the place on Ridge. Sounds like they believe a murder was committed there. Especially if they were also searching the backyard, as reported by neighbors.

Remains found :( homicide
https://twitter.com/KaylaGreen04/status/1405921770276896772?s=19

One week later, investigators plead for help in Parma man's disappearance

Monroe County Sheriff's deputies are asking for the public's help in the search for a missing Parma man - one week after his disappearance.

William Mason, 69, was last seen on May 25 at 10:30 a.m. at his home on West Ridge Road.

After he was reported missing, deputies and search teams searched Mason's home, property, and the area around it. Drones, ATVs, K-9 units, and mounted patrols were brought in to help. Nothing came of the search.

"Big or small, if anyone has any information on the last time that they saw him - if they can give us any of that information to help us keep searching and aid us in tracking down where he may be," said Monroe County Sheriff's Office Deputy Brendan Hurley.

Mason's car is still at the house and he did not tell anyone he was thinking of going anywhere. Investigators said these, along with other indicators, lead them to deem the case "highly suspicious."

Mason is described as 5'7" tall with grayish hair and blue eyes, with a scar on his right eye.

Anyone who may know where Mason might be or spoke with him in the last few weeks is urged to call the MCSO Tip Line at (585) 753-4175.

2c0116e8-09ec-4d77-930d-d9d4f49be156-medium16x9_wdw.png
ParmaMAn.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl