Observations from attending Sunday, 11/30/08 Vigil

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for sharing your experience, Elizabeth. I have to agree with Gram2: as mad as I get at the Anthonys, I too can't help but feel heartbroken for them... they are in pain and I am sure that pain has influenced some of their misguided moves. I also feel that all of the wrong people have their claws in them (read: KFN)... their new "spoke-person" is an embarrassment and is not helping matters, one bit. It doesn't take eloquence to know that you do not speak that way in a house of worship... and a vigil for Caylee is not a place to promote ones self.

thank you.

i've been trying to say this from day one.

these people are not demons. they have nothing to do with caylee's death. they've lost two girls. would anyone act more reasonable?

Thank you, Elizabeth, for posting about the vigil. Thank you for being our eyes and ears. It's all about Caylee. Her family should be secondary.

Would I cheer if Cindy were to drop dead before my eyes? Of course not. I'd be there screaming for help! I do have compassion for the grandparents. I don't like what they have done sometimes. I don't like what Cindy does most of the time. Yes, she makes me crazy with her mouth that won't shut up. Yes, it infuriates me when she lies, lies, lies. And yes, when she is fraught with pain, looking beaten and frail, I have enough compassion for the woman that I could wrap my arms around her and tell her I'd be willing to stand up for her if she could face the truth, the real truth, not Cindy's truth.

Sadly, she has lost her beloved granddaughter. She has also lost the daughter she wanted to have and the daughter she actually had. Unfortunately, that daughter is vile, heartless, cruel. She would rather see her parents go down the tubes than to stand up and face her punishment, tell the truth, and let her parents get on with their grieving. The real criminal in this situation is Casey. Sadly though, Cindy has done her share of covering up, lying, and destroying evidence.

I won't be cheering if Cindy turns gravely ill or meets her death. However, I would have some sense of satisfaction if she is brought to jail in handcuffs for obstruction of justice. She's trying to save Casey at Caylee's expense, and that is the most shameful part of all. She'd rather protect a murderer than an innocent two-year-old baby.

I don't think any of us need to defend ourselves and say that we wouldn't cheer or celebrate if Cindy were to die. I can't imagine a single soul here who would ever do such a thing, nor that the mods would ever allow it. Chilly, I'm disappointed that you think so poorly of your fellow posters. :(

I agree with you Sherbie. Very unfortunate accusation.

Elizabeth, thank you for your detailed post about the vigil. We may end up watching CA head off to a hospital bed soon, IMO. I pray that they get the closure they need, but they need to accept reality in order for that to happen.

OK, I can't help it........that is horrible that a man wore a hat inside of a church, a baseball cap at that! :confused:

Sorry, and thank you again.

I'm glad my grandmother isn't alive to see that. She would have marched up to him, taken his hat off, and smacked him with it.

FWIW - you are correct about GA and the tissue and in fact he did set it on the table after AND put his water bottle on it...my jaw literally dropped.

That was extremely gross! I'm sure there was a trash can in the room or close by.

Thank you for sharing Elizabeth. No matter what anyone feels about KC, it must have been hard to be in the same area with the A's and see their pain.
I wish someone from that family (extended family or friends) could go see KC and tell her what she is doing to her family.

Hi WhittyMom4 .. :)

Casey & Baez have blocked anyone & everyone from jail visits. As we know, they are recorded (both audio & video) and easily accessible to media sources - and therefore, the public. However, we do know that Casey still communicates regularly with her family by mail & through JB.

IMO - Casey knows exactly what she has done & is still doing to her family. She doesn't give a rat's tail. Her only care & concern, as always, is for herself - and now, possibly the consensual relationship she shares & is nurturing with Jose. I believe "making Caylee disappear" initially from her grandparents home & lives - most especially Cindy's life - was Casey's way of punishing them. (Remembering her comment to Lee - "Maybe I'm just a spiteful .")

IMO - Being a "good mother" to her precious little daughter was nowhere near as important as being a party girl ho & preying on others to get what she wanted. No one, it appears, was exempt from Casey's lies, deceit & theft.

It is so sad to see CA and GA finally giving up and accepting the fact that Caylee is gone.

Thanks again for sharing, please keep posting for us WS's who are far from Orlando.

WhittyMom4 - I respectfully disagree with your opinion that Cindy & George are "giving up & accepting the fact that Caylee is gone." I do not believe that is what we'll all see in the coming days, weeks & months ahead. Yes - a state of *extreme denial* concerning Caylee's death - especially at the hands of her own daughter. Yes - a state of *deep grief* that her precious Caylee is "still missing". I think Cindy was far more of a real parent (mother) to Caylee than Casey ever was - or ever would be.

Unfortunately for all - Cindy had continually enabled Casey's manipulative behavior - even Casey's criminal behavior. Now she's paying a very high price - and is most likely unable to allow herself to transition to the "reality" and truth of the facts. She's had a number of emotional meltdowns - it wouldn't surprise me if she suffered some sort of a break-down (or stroke) that hospitalized her.

Rummy

I wasn't going to weigh in on this but I feel like I want to now.
Caylee is being victimized again. By not believing the people who do care, LE, and by not helping them, talking to them, pressuring KC into telling the truth, they are adding to this never ending saga. Caylee's lifeless body was dumped somewhere by her own mother, now her bones lay God knows where. They know it, now they're working on the defense of her killer.
The only victim is Caylee and I feel they have failed to understand that fact. Reputable people have tried to help them and they have rejected the real help offered and chose the path they're on.
I certainly am not celebrating their demise and I take issue with that characterization, it's more like frustration. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.
Again, the only victim is Caylee and she was only 2 years old.

Chilly, I don't think anyone here hates CA & GA. I feel personally total disdain for them because they have never helped find Caylee.

Yes, CA is wasting away before our eyes, but the Bible tells us " the wages of sin are death" and all the lies do have a toll on the body and the soul. No one except a completely evil being can exist long with "pledging their allegiance to the father of lies."

Continuing to be unrepentant about all the lies and the things done to prevent KC from being found guilty is going to take both their lives in the end. KC did not just kill Caylee, but is killing her parents one day at a time.

And the Bible says " Judge not eachother, least ye be Judged". Oh, I'm not a christian but I do think the Bible has merit but you can make a side either way depending on what you pick out.

Good Morning Everyone:

I just wanted say that I noticed on a quick clip from the local news that it appears Cindy did speak prior to me getting to the vigil. I was ten minutes late. I wish I would of heard what she said since the news clip I saw didn't replay it.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth

Good Morning Everyone:

I just wanted say that I noticed on a quick clip from the local news that it appears Cindy did speak prior to me getting to the vigil. I was ten minutes late. I wish I would of heard what she said since the news clip I saw didn't replay it.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth

Thanks so much for telling us about the vigil, Elizabeth. :)

thank you.

i've been trying to say this from day one.

these people are not demons. they have nothing to do with caylee's death. they've lost two girls. would anyone act more reasonable?

Simply put, yes. I think a lot of people here would.

If the vigil were perfect, people would be complaining that Cindy took time to plan a perfect vigil rather than walking the streets looking for Caylee. No matter what the woman does people twist it into something evil. If she speaks at the vigil, she's looking for media attention. If she doesn't speak, she's not showing proper respect for Caylee. She's blamed for Casey's actions because she was too controlling, at the same time she's attacked for not controlling Casey's actions. People just love to hate her.

One day soon we'll learn of Cindy's demise. I won't log in to WS's on that day. I don't want to 'hear' the cheering and celebrating.

First, thank you for sharing your experience last night with us, Elizabeth. :)

Chilly, every time I read a thread and one of your posts appears, your words always seem to be an exact mirror of my own thoughts and feelings.

What you say is very sadly true. Time and time again, if anyone begins a thread expressing sympathy for the Anthonys it turns into a hate fest, hence the need for mods to step in with a plea to stop the bashing.

If Cindy doesn't make it through this, which is a real possibility, a thread will be started where people will express sorrow only to have hateful posts creep in to say that she had it coming, she should have accepted the truth, she died of guilt, she never cared about Caylee, etc., etc. One only has to read this thread and so many others like it to see the route any other thread would eventually take. I only wish that people could see that approaching this tragedy with a totally negative spin on the people involved and anything less than an open mind will take them no closer to the truth than they were when this story started to unfold.

I have heartfelt sympathy for the Anthony family, and particularly for Cindy. I can't even fathom what it must be like to have my every word and action held up to public scrutiny and be found lacking in every single respect. And yet that in itself would be nothing in comparison to total despair and grief at the loss of a beloved granddaughter, which is so painfully obvious to me in her physical decline.

Good Morning Everyone:

Sincerely,
Elizabeth

Thanks Eliz for all the personal accounts of the vigil. Glad you're posting here now :)

How sad the people are compelled to continually attack this poor grandmother who is literally dying of grief before our very eyes. I would think just this once, after reading a first hand account of exactly how badly Cindy is doing, people could find just a small bit of compassion. Just once. I could not live with such hatred in my heart.

sorry chiily but I have no compassion for Cindy. There is nothing that she can do to make me pity her and I mean nothing. I was watching past videos of her and IMO she is a very nasty mean person. If you dont agree with her she she gets nasty. she only surronds herself with "yes" people. Her actions have never been about caylee, only to protect a lying, thieving murderer. I would be ashamed to have a daughter like that and even more ashamed to publically defend her ways.
I would never go to a vigil with them in attendance...I dont ever want anyone to see me with them...that would be a hugh embarressement for me.
So let her waste away to nothing...because IMO she is not wasting away because caylee is dead but because her daughter is in jail and she is the one who called LE. GUILT
She just likes the limlight now...thats all its about...

Thank you Elizabeth for letting us share this with you. I have sadness for the family, however, I feel like they could of bought this to a quick end, if they had took control of the situation by firing the attorney right away. He is going to lead Kc to Life in Prison.
She may have mental illness. They have been dealing with this so long,they had to know, just be in denial like now. I feel like the weekly vigil is to get keep attention on them and the case. I pray the baby will be found soon.

Thank you Elizabeth for letting us share this with you. I have sadness for the family, however, I feel like they could of bought this to a quick end, if they had took control of the situation by firing the attorney right away. He is going to lead Kc to Life in Prison.
She may have mental illness. They have been dealing with this so long,they had to know, just be in denial like now. I feel like the weekly vigil is to get keep attention on them and the case. I pray the baby will be found soon.

The A's legally cannot fire their daughter's attorney.

The A,s had their daughter in their home for weeks brainstorming about JG doing it, they could of took control then, George even said he did not like the attorney. They were involved with Kc attorney.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Child in Time
Back