OFF TOPIC Chit-Chat

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
When one combines state + local + tribal LE in Oklahoma, one frequently winds up with gridlock. As I referenced on another topic-thread, and as Weleetka1 wrote me about Oklahoma communities covering things up, "This is usually done so favor trading can continue as a way of life, or a way for one to own another." If I were to write a synopsis of what I see as taking place with the Weleetka girls, that would be its thesis statement. That is bittersweet Oklahoma wisdom, and, I think, very true.

Thanks, little726. I've been struck by the utter friendliness of the folks here.

When one combines state + local + tribal LE in Oklahoma, one frequently winds up with gridlock. As I referenced on another topic-thread, and as Weleetka1 wrote me about Oklahoma communities covering things up, "This is usually done so favor trading can continue as a way of life, or a way for one to own another." If I were to write a synopsis of what I see as taking place with the Weleetka girls, that would be its thesis statement. That is bittersweet Oklahoma wisdom, and, I think, very true.

If this is the case, then we will NEVER know who killed the girls. I wonder if the Dept. of Justice, would be interested in looking into what's going on in Weleetka?

Thanks, little726. I've been struck by the utter friendliness of the folks here.

LOL, we REALLY are friendly here. Everyone of us here has taken the girls to heart. We won't rest until the killers are put away!

I first began to doubt the case would be solved when the drawing released of the person allegedly seen around the time of the killings, near their location, was one of a Native American. That seemed pretty d*mned convenient, and I know I was not alone in thinking back 30 years to the Locust Grove case---there, of course, the killings were said to have been committed by a Native American, though many in this area have substantial doubts as to whether that was truly the case, and the prime suspect was acquitted of the killings.

LOL, we REALLY are friendly here. Everyone of us here has taken the girls to heart. We won't rest until the killers are put away!

Amen to that. Amen to all of the above. I realized how much I did care about justice for the girls when, in the process of posting on the "What brought you to this case?" topic, I read over what I'd written, and got a bit teary-eyed. To me, not only as a human being and as an Oklahoman, but, specifically, as a teacher, these deaths, to quote Shakespeare, were truly "murder most foul."

If this is the case, then we will NEVER know who killed the girls. I wonder if the Dept. of Justice, would be interested in looking into what's going on in Weleetka?

That is the best idea posted here in a long, long time. Replace Ben R and OSBI with someone and an agency who CAN and WILL solve this case!

That is the best idea posted here in a long, long time. Replace Ben R and OSBI with someone and an agency who CAN and WILL solve this case!

Believe me, XP, i've thought about doing that many times. The only thing is, I would have to go into the Witness Protection Program. ;)

Generally, the DOJ would work through its in-state Bureau people, and they can be uncomfortably closely tied to, in our case, OSBI et al. They can be more worried about stepping on official toes that they are about achieving common justice. Though I'm not saying that we can't dream large. Nothing else has worked, from the looks of things. Unless it were a civil rights matter, which this well could be if the class system in this country were a recognized phenomenon, the feds probably won't step in, barring overwhelming evidence of malfeasence on the part of LE.

Are there rumors of possible LE corruption in the area? Could they be dragging their feet out of fear? I curious about this and am not familiar with the area. However, LE corrupton does happen everywhere. The sheriff one county over here in NC was convicted of OJ and witness tampering just last year and is now serving time in prison. The people in that county would not speak out on crimes out of fear of LE, Not fear of the criminals.

Corruption is endemic at every level of authority in the state of Oklahoma, and has been for a very long time. We have wonderful people and a beautiful state, but power corrupts.

Matilda - Yes, there are such rumors. Who would be "dragging their feet out of fear" as you suggest? Almost immediately, the good guys rode into town, the elite LE, the heavies wearing white hats. Them? Afraid? With all that firepower, education, experience, and the full resources of the entire state at their disposal? I can't imagine fear is even a passing thought. Them vs. well, just look at the possible opponents that have been mentioned: a few regional drug dealers, possibly some teens, a dirty local cop or two, some local meth-heads, an extended family full of medium-to-heavy criminals, or a combination of those and/or others...It should have been a cakewalk, a slam-dunk.

It's not fear preventing a resolution here, but what are the obstacles?

Jessica B once mentioned the "determination" of the killers. What about the same of the good guys?

Corruption is endemic at every level of authority in the state of Oklahoma, and has been for a very long time. We have wonderful people and a beautiful state, but power corrupts.

All of that notwithstanding, they can't all be corrupt. Of all the LE and a prosecutor or two looking at what's going on...they're all in on it? Power corrupts, but is it power that brought this investigation to a halt? Even at a low level? Enough to stop OSBI? Who or what is that powerful out there?

The news did a piece on all the unsolved recent murders here. It was disturbing.

The latest was near Miami, OK and two men came in, taped the grandmother to a chair, killed the grandfather, left two grandchildren alone, and got away. The ONLY thing said to describe them was "dark camo outfits". (No way the grandmother did not see them!)

There was another home invasion in the same county, but they have said it is not connected. Well...how in the hell would they know?! GRRRR! I think because it hasn't happened before in that county, two men are reportedly involved with witnesses in both cases, and same MO would say they are wrong as they could very well be connected.

I say our OSBI should be determined by someone higher up to be ineffective and should remove Ben R., for starters. Someone is botching these cases right and left or we would have a better track record. I am beyond frustrated now.

Are there rumors of possible LE corruption in the area? Could they be dragging their feet out of fear? I curious about this and am not familiar with the area. However, LE corrupton does happen everywhere. The sheriff one county over here in NC was convicted of OJ and witness tampering just last year and is now serving time in prison. The people in that county would not speak out on crimes out of fear of LE, Not fear of the criminals.
Not saying there isn't corruption out there, but I would say the problem is more a lack of training and experience with the different agencies. You have officers who have never worked a homicide trying to follow orders of a Sheriff who probably has only seen one or two himself. Unless they have worked in the larger cities, the rural areas are not ripe with homicide cases so when one comes up they are woefully inadequate to handle it. This is one reason the OSBI is called in for assistance. Still...they are just as ineffective as the original agency.

One odd factor, SeriouslySearching, about the second Ottawa County home invasion, at least according to one published report: the only thing taken in the Fairland case was a life. Evidently, nothing was missing from the residence in terms of material goods. One wonders about motive.

Matilda - Yes, there are such rumors. Who would be "dragging their feet out of fear" as you suggest? Almost immediately, the good guys rode into town, the elite LE, the heavies wearing white hats. Them? Afraid? With all that firepower, education, experience, and the full resources of the entire state at their disposal? I can't imagine fear is even a passing thought. Them vs. well, just look at the possible opponents that have been mentioned: a few regional drug dealers, possibly some teens, a dirty local cop or two, some local meth-heads, an extended family full of medium-to-heavy criminals, or a combination of those and/or others...It should have been a cakewalk, a slam-dunk.

It's not fear preventing a resolution here, but what are the obstacles?

Jessica B once mentioned the "determination" of the killers. What about the same of the good guys?

Xpa, You ask some great questions in your post. My question about fear is because of the case of the Sheriff who is incarcerated that I referred to. He had clearence to the Pentagon, ties with the Governor and Atty General. Heck, a documentary was even made about him (The Work Series: Sheriffavailable on Netfix) He was credited with cleaning up the county, yet rumoured for many years to be corrupt. He ruled with an iron fist and all the deputies were fearful to cross him. Finally, the county employees were fed up and banded together and testified to the GJ against him, but it took many years til they finally said enough.

Yes, What are the obstacles? If those are overcome this case would be closer to being solved.

Wouldn't it be great to see the same determination from LE in solving this as the killers determination at ending the lives of Skyla and Taylor?

Enjoy your posts. matilda

Not saying there isn't corruption out there, but I would say the problem is more a lack of training and experience with the different agencies. You have officers who have never worked a homicide trying to follow orders of a Sheriff who probably has only seen one or two himself. Unless they have worked in the larger cities, the rural areas are not ripe with homicide cases so when one comes up they are woefully inadequate to handle it. This is one reason the OSBI is called in for assistance. Still...they are just as ineffective as the original agency.

A sad state to say the least!

Here's a link for you all regarding the murder of a police officer that appears to have been covered up and ruled a suicide. The sherrif I referred to had a relative who was questioned in the case: <www.officerdavinabuffjones.com>

Small town politics are complicated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur
Back