Off Topic/Chit Chat

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOLOL! I drink maybe 2 or 3 times a year at most because I don't like the taste of beer, wine or most alcoholic beverages. The few I can get down are HIGH caloric content...I'd rather eat those calories than drink them. But tonight the margaritas were flowing and I had 2 raspberry ones, and they were GOOOOD!

{slurp}

Oooh, I bet they were. I'm not big on liquor but I do like an occasional glass of wine or an icy cold beer in the summertime.

Oooh, I bet they were. I'm not big on liquor but I do like an occasional glass of wine or an icy cold beer in the summertime.

I was visiting my son last summer and it was HOT. We stopped at a pub with outside seating and I had "an icy cold beer". It was soooo good, I had 2!:)

I came here to post today about private messages. For newbies unless you are not set up to receive a pop up notification (User cp/edit options) you might not know to check in the top right corner to see if you have received a pm.

Ironically hehe, EntreNous - please check your pms!

I was visiting my son last summer and it was HOT. We stopped at a pub with outside seating and I had "an icy cold beer". It was soooo good, I had 2!:)

I came here to post today about private messages. For newbies unless you are not set up to receive a pop up notification (User cp/edit options) you might not know to check in the top right corner to see if you have received a pm.

Done! Thanks, sometimes I need a lil' reminder. LOL

My sister sent this to me, who btw knows little to nothing about the NC case. When I 1st read it I thought it was a joke because it said IRONMAN (BC) and she is always sending me jokes...it was no joke at all but a true story...

Be prepared to pull out the kleenex because I needed it and feel sure you will...Some IRONMEN are not too busy for their children and will include them!

A son asked his father, 'Dad, will you take part in a marathon with me? The father who, despite having a heart condition, says 'Yes'. They went on to complete the marathon together. Father and son went on to join other marathons, the father always saying 'Yes' to his son's request of going through the race together.

One day, the son asked his father, 'Dad, let's join the Ironman together.' To which, his father said 'Yes'.

Ironman is the toughest triathlon ever. The race encompasses three endurance events of a 2.4 mile (3.86 kilometer) ocean swim, followed by a 112 mile (180.2 kilometer) bike ride, and ending with a 26.2 mile(42.195 kilometer) marathon along the coast of the Big Island .

Father and son went on to complete the race together.
View this:

http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=8cf08faca5dd9ea45513

Very inspiring! What a good Dad to do that for his son.

I just don't have any words. What incredible love. :blowkiss:

Thank you for sharing this, Mom.

Last night I saw I.O.U.S.A. at North Hills.

Now, I don't mean to spark a huge debate here about what should be done or not done about our fiscal issues. This forum is not the place.

However, the film makers make an excellent moral argument that we are living off our children's future.

I wonder if anyone else has seen the movie? Also, if anyone ever has the opportunity to see it, I highly recommend it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBo2xQIWHiM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbRyfr8iEJc

Any locals going to the Lazy Daze Festival tomorrow? It looks like relatively cool weather for the festival. 87 degrees is better than 99 a couple of years ago!

For non-locals, Lazy Daze is a one-day arts & crafts festival that attracts 40-60,000 to small downtown Cary.

http://www.townofcary.org/depts/prdept/events/lazydaze/lazydazehome.htm

I always wondered why they insist on having that festival during the
HOTTEST month of the year...It's crazy. I went one time in my 17 years here - that was enough.

I think they could do much better timewise.

I always wondered why they insist on having that festival during the
HOTTEST month of the year...It's crazy. I went one time in my 17 years here - that was enough.

I think they could do much better timewise.

They do have a beer garden now (sorry, MT3K)!

Well....that's a different story then. Hey, could I go there at 9:00 am to keep cool and drink beer? :crazy: Hmmmm....even I might have a little trouble with that thought....:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

I have not heard that, but yet since I don't drink beer I would ignore it if I saw it.

Wow Skittles, you picked up on me not liking beer? Now show me this I will be there in a NY minute..:clap:

I have not heard that, but yet since I don't drink beer I would ignore it if I saw it.

Wow Skittles, you picked up on me not liking beer? Now show me this I will be there in a NY minute..:clap:

I have connections, I'll see what I can do!

Well....that's a different story then. Hey, could I go there at 9:00 am to keep cool and drink beer? :crazy: Hmmmm....even I might have a little trouble with that thought....:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

Yuh. You can't stroll with the beer, though, you have to stay in the "garden."

is it just tomorrow, or is it Sunday, too? - Huh, I had lunch at Ashworth's the other day, flyer right in front of me, and did I pay attention? Noooooo

If we don't have pms can we still post here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member