Off Topic/Chit Chat

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do hope your home receives no damage. Good Luck! I have to admit, though, I am a tad bit happy for Hanna. It means my children will come home for the weekend, as they live at the coast!

Well I suppose I'm a bit happy because we need the rain so badly. I'm glad your kids will be coming home. I've tried my best to get my family to come to my house but they want to stick it out.

Here's hoping Hanna turns out to be just a big rainstorm by the time she gets to NC, and we all have no damage or disruption. And we need to keep our sights on Ike, who is next in line, and then Josephine. Everyone stay safe!

Well I suppose I'm a bit happy because we need the rain so badly. I'm glad your kids will be coming home. I've tried my best to get my family to come to my house but they want to stick it out.

The 11:00 AM update had Hanna back up to a category 2 at landfall. I hope your family stays safe!

My husband has gone around checking all the window caulk and the gutters. I remember when hurricane Fran decided to take an unexpected left turn just before landfall and headed to Raleigh rather than going up eastern NC.

I see that our North Carolina members are off line today. Hope you all are safe and dry!

Thinking of you all. Check in when you come in so we won't worry about you, k?

:blowkiss:
fran

I see that our North Carolina members are off line today. Hope you all are safe and dry!

fran

Thanks Fran. I stayed in Raleigh last night just in case, and we only got some very much needed rain. And a little wind, which really felt wonderful. Actually, Hanna was pretty good to us. A bit of flooding in the usual spots. Turned out to be a good excuse for a Scrabble party, and a movie. Now we turn our attention to Ike.:raincloud::raincloud::raincloud:

fran
As Star reported, wasn't bad at all. Acutally was a VERY good day to sleep in; blustery wind, steady rain, aahhhh.:sleep:

I'm glad to hear from some of you and everything is ok.:blowkiss:

I've never been in a hurricane, but when I lived on the Oregon Coast, we once got a 100 + mile an hour storm. We never did find out the full force of the winds, it blew the guage off the tower at the airport! It did knock down a tree in back of our house and made the power wires along Hwy 101 look like spaghetti thrown to the side of the road.

I guess now all you have to do is wait for Ike! :eek:

Stay safe and enjoy the rain. Sounds like a lovely way to spend a lazy weekend afternoon, cuddled, dry, inside reading a good book, listening to the pitter-patter of rain drops. :)

fran

OK you all! I see there's ANOTHER 'missing NC mom!'

Kelly Morris. Her husband was allegedly at work when they're house caught fire. A short time later her car was located abandoned. She's been missing almost a week!

Anyone in that area know anything?

FWIW, one of the locals said on tv, they were having marrital problems. Sound familiar? :(

fran

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3509681/

Missing mom mystery continues

Authorities planned to continue their search Tuesday for a missing Stem mother who has not been seen since last week.

OK you all! I see there's ANOTHER 'missing NC mom!'

Kelly Morris. Her husband was allegedly at work when they're house caught fire. A short time later her car was located abandoned. She's been missing almost a week!

Anyone in that area know anything?

FWIW, one of the locals said on tv, they were having marrital problems. Sound familiar? :(

fran

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3509681/

Missing mom mystery continues

Authorities planned to continue their search Tuesday for a missing Stem mother who has not been seen since last week.
Fran, Supposedly he was at work at the time of the fire; but what I find interesting is that, according to our local newspaper this morning, the neighbor across the street said he came into her yard to rescue the dog. So he must have been at the house sometime during the fire. The two statements didn't make sense to me.

Fran, Supposedly he was at work at the time of the fire; but what I find interesting is that, according to our local newspaper this morning, the neighbor across the street said he came into her yard to rescue the dog. So he must have been at the house sometime during the fire. The two statements didn't make sense to me.

Ahaa! So you caught that! :eek:

See why those of us who've been at Websleuths for any length of time become cynical when these stories break?! :waitasec:

Oh, don't forget, he told the neighbor when asked if Kelly knew about the fire, 'I've been trying to call her but can't get hold of her.':rolleyes:

Just sayin'
;)
fran

PS.....FWIW, that's why I said he was 'allegedly at work,' as he's a tow truck driver. Ehhhh..........he was ALSO home while the house was STILL ON FIRE. Must be a small town....fran

Ahaa! So you caught that! :eek:

See why those of us who've been at Websleuths for any length of time become cynical when these stories break?! :waitasec:

Oh, don't forget, he told the neighbor when asked if Kelly knew about the fire, 'I've been trying to call her but can't get hold of her.':rolleyes:

Just sayin'
;)
fran

PS.....FWIW, that's why I said he was 'allegedly at work,' as he's a tow truck driver. Ehhhh..........he was ALSO home while the house was STILL ON FIRE. Must be a small town....fran

Fran,

I have not really been tracking that case, but I do know the town, and it is REALLY small. It is called Stem, if you look North of Durham on I-85, you can see it on a map.

CyberPro

Fran,

I have not really been tracking that case, but I do know the town, and it is REALLY small. It is called Stem, if you look North of Durham on I-85, you can see it on a map.

CyberPro

Thanks CP! I did mapquest it from Cary and saw it's a little under an hours drive.

I hope they find her, but it wasn't looking too good. I haven't checked in the past couple of hourse though. :(

JMHO
fran

Interesting...

Raleigh, N.C. — Dozens of search warrants, some dating as far back as 1992, were recently unsealed by a Wake County judge in an effort to make public records available to the public in a timely manner.

In May, Judge Donald Stephens handed down an order saying warrants that police have executed must be returned to the court in a timely manner and agencies must follow specific guidelines for sealing and unsealing these documents.

Mention of Cooper case:

Martin represented Capitol Broadcasting Company and The News and Observer in seeking to unseal warrants in the murder of Cary mother-of-two Nancy Cooper. Those warrants were unsealed last week.

More at link

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3522531/

I am totally shocked!

Sorry to say this but...........'What is in the water in NC?'

Here we are on the Nancy Cooper forum, talking about her murder. It's, of course unsolved.

There's also the Michelle Young case, unsolved. (she was pregnant)

The Janet Abaroa case, unsolved. (she was pregnant)

There's the Wynn case. Unsolved.

There were how many military women murdered just this year? 3, 4? Solved

Now they're searching for missing Kelly Morris. Her house caught on fire and she's missing.

Here's another! Geneva Parham's remains, (they believe), were located in her burned residence.

ALL of these have a COMMON DENOMINATOR!! Unhappy marriage or recently separated!

I just read today that North Carolina has the 9th highest murder rate of women. The majority of female homicides are by someone close to them.

Doesn't North Carolina allow divorce?

Unbelieveable!

fran

PS...FWIW, I'm really not knocking North Carolina. I know it's a beautiful state and generally a safe place. Just not safe for unhappily married women, I guess. Hey, I live in California, LOL........we're home of Hollyweird! We all have our crosses to bare! ;)

It is rather appalling! I lived in CA (northern) at the time of the O.J. case. Never did get over that travesty. And then there was Scott Peterson. Of course Michael Peterson was holding his end up in Durham at the time. :eek: Thank goodness the Scott Peterson case was not under the jurisdiction of Wake County's DA...we'd still be waiting. In fact, I think if a woman starts to date a man with the last name of Peterson..."RUN FORREST RUN!"

It takes eons for cases to get solved here too. Most of the time they never are solved. We're probably on the list for highest rate of missing children. Really sad. :(

I am totally shocked!

Sorry to say this but...........'What is in the water in NC?'

Here we are on the Nancy Cooper forum, talking about her murder. It's, of course unsolved.

There's also the Michelle Young case, unsolved. (she was pregnant)

The Janet Abaroa case, unsolved. (she was pregnant)

There's the Wynn case. Unsolved.

There were how many military women murdered just this year? 3, 4? Solved

Now they're searching for missing Kelly Morris. Her house caught on fire and she's missing.

Here's another! Geneva Parham's remains, (they believe), were located in her burned residence.

ALL of these have a COMMON DENOMINATOR!! Unhappy marriage or recently separated!

I just read today that North Carolina has the 9th highest murder rate of women. The majority of female homicides are by someone close to them.

Doesn't North Carolina allow divorce?

Unbelieveable!

fran

PS...FWIW, I'm really not knocking North Carolina. I know it's a beautiful state and generally a safe place. Just not safe for unhappily married women, I guess. Hey, I live in California, LOL........we're home of Hollyweird! We all have our crosses to bare! ;)

Phew! Ok, now we can take the LATEST case of Geneva Parham off the 'unsolved,' her husband has been arrested! :eek:

Now on to Nancy Cooper et al....:mad:

JMHO
fran

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3534393/

Man charged with murder after body found in burned house

Henderson, N.C. — Authorities arrested and charged a Vance County man with murder Friday after investigators found a body in the ruins of his estranged wife's house, which burned to the ground Thursday.

Robert Sterling Parham Jr., 36, faces charges of first-degree murder and first-degree arson

I needed to go to Wal-Mart today -- the closest one to me is in the same shopping center as HT.

(BYW, there are 10 security cams on WM's roof. One is pointed in the general direction of HT, but the slope of the camera is of course at the WM parking lot, and also there are waaay many trees in the way -- for you out-of-towners this area landscapes in its parking lots (trees, flowers, shrubs, etc.)

Well, I wanna tell ya, this ain't yer mamma's A&P. Holy smollee, it's a huge M-F store! And by M-F, I mean that I could spend Monday through Friday there and still not see everything! Probably one of the largest groceries I have ever been in. Produce has everything you could possibly want, and it all looks fresh and inviting. Bread has an island kiosk for its fancy breads, and it is staffed. Same with cheeses. I forget just how many hot food bars they have. And they have a sushi section that actually looks fresh and inviting. And a hot pizza area - by the slice and looks Oh! so good. And a nice sized, welcoming dining area. Fresh fish in quantity and quality. Aisle after aisle after aisle of foodstuffs. The prices were typical HT prices - a little higher than most stores, waaay higher than Aldi - but I found some things priced quite competitively with Aldi and Food Lion. After at least if not more than an hour of roaming, I did manage to reluctantly tear myself away, and without buying a single thing. I had to do the same thing at Barnes and Noble the other day - I actually felt my "leaving" body rip away from my "no, I want to stay" body. The variety at that HT is enormous. I'll go back. It's like a museum of groceries! (While B&N is the shrine of books - and let's not talk about Amazon...)

.........I always wondered what a flagship store is. Now I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08