GUILTY OH - Alianna Defreeze, 14, Cleveland, 26 Jan 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A new article in what I expect will be a series of updates throughout the week.

A city councilman, Zack Reed, is rattled. I recall his name from the Sowell murders, and the E 93rd murders in 2012-13. Between him, and a community that won't be silenced, I'm cautiously optimistic that LE will exert transparency in their investigation. One can hope, right? Ultimately, what really matters is that they do whatever necessary to conduct an efficient investigation, and bring the killer(s) to justice.

Good article.

Alianna DeFreeze went missing in Cleveland, and a new horror surfaces
By PHILLIP MORRIS

on February 01, 2017 at 5:05 AM, updated February 01, 2017 at 5:06 AM

[...]

Here's what we do know.

Alianna DeFreeze, 14, boarded a Regional Transit Authority bus near her home early Friday morning, headed to the middle school she attends in the Union-Miles neighborhood. It's usually a 20-minute ride down Kinsman Avenue, then a transfer to another bus to complete her trip to E-Prep.

The journey would take her past deteriorated neighborhoods, abandoned houses and the general despair of swaths of Cleveland that have long been left behind. At her transfer point, near East 93rd Street and Kinsman, there's a McDonald's -- a familiar neighborhood anchor in the midst of a palpable malaise.

Footage from a security camera in the neighborhood shows her walking near the McDonald's just before 7 a.m. Thursday. But she didn't make her RTA transfer. She never made it to school. She didn't go back home. Alianna went missing.

[...]

However, the discovery of the still then unidentified body terrified Cleveland Councilman Zack Reed. He said he feared that the discovery signaled a trend.

"This is the fifth body found near the 93rd Street corridor since 2012. Four of the bodies have been dumped in vacant lots or abandoned houses. Police tell me there's no obvious connection between the murders, but I'm not so sure. How do we know that we don't have another serial killer out here?" Reed told me Tuesday afternoon.

The councilman has reason to be extraordinarily sensitive when it comes to the topic of missing women. Sowell operated in Reed's former ward with a shocking recklessness and sadistic arrogance until he was caught. Still, Cleveland somehow failed to detect a prolific serial killer until one of Sowell's intended victims managed to escape and report the monster.

cont. at the link

http://www.cleveland.com/morris/index.ssf/2017/02/alianna_defreeze_went_missing.html

ETA: No mention here of the 3:20 bus. Adds to my skepticism.

Thanks Bessie.

So, it appears Alianna did not make it to school as stated by the principal. That 12 minute time frame did not seem feasible from getting on the bus, transferring, and being seen at school.

My question / concern is were her parents notified she was not at school on Friday? If not, a major slip-up! Alianna was gone for hours before anyone was notified.

ETA: I see where the text message from the school did not go through to the mother. For a special needs child riding a bus, plus transferring, with an age range of 8-9, this was a dangerous arrangement to begin with. A phone call was needed to verify what was going on with Alianna that morning. JMO.

My opinions only.

From the Cleveland.com article:

[FONT=&amp]Alianna, who has mental-health issues, got onto an RTA bus about 6:45 a.m. Thursday in the 3400 block of East 149th Street.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]She got off the bus on her way to school and was last seen at East 93rd and Kinsman. She was captured on a surveillance video getting off the bus and walking near McDonald's at the intersection about 6:52 a.m., police said. [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]She never made it to the restaurant and her body was found in the nearby abandoned building.[/FONT]

I live in a suburb around Cleveland that is probably a 15 minute drive to East Cleveland and I cannot wrap my head around the fact that they cannot install more cameras considering the amount of stabbings, drug deals, and murders that happen there. It is pathetic. :maddening: It would save them so much money and time and most of all heartbreak for all the people whose lives are taken.

The article doesn't mention what kind of mental health issues she had which raises a whole host of questions... Did she intent to go to that McDonalds to wait for a connecting bus? Stop there for food? Or was she skipping school? Did the sick individual who took and killed her take advantage of her mental illness? I already hope they have a special place in hell for serial killers (and killers in general) but the ones who take advantage of children with disabilities, they are beyond sick.

Either way, rest in peace babygirl :heartbeat:

this whole thisn is frightening and I have an ongoing battle with a Dallas county, Irving School district , when my child is absent I get an automated call at 6 pm in the evening !!!!!! they don't understand apparently that if a child does not show up parents should be called in the morning !!!! and when you call in for them they say " well just send a note tomorrow its infurating !!! and cases like this , just back my opinion up RIP beautiful little Alianna! :( :( heartbroken!

A city councilman, Zack Reed, is rattled. I recall his name from the Sowell murders, and the E 93rd murders in 2012-13. Between him, and a community that won't be silenced, I'm cautiously optimistic that LE will exert transparency in their investigation. One can hope, right? Ultimately, what really matters is that they do whatever necessary to conduct an efficient investigation, and bring the killer(s) to justice.

Good article.

By PHILLIP MORRIS

[...]

Here's what we do know.

Alianna DeFreeze, 14, boarded a Regional Transit Authority bus near her home early Friday morning, headed to the middle school she attends in the Union-Miles neighborhood. It's usually a 20-minute ride down Kinsman Avenue, then a transfer to another bus to complete her trip to E-Prep.

The journey would take her past deteriorated neighborhoods, abandoned houses and the general despair of swaths of Cleveland that have long been left behind. At her transfer point, near East 93rd Street and Kinsman, there's a McDonald's -- a familiar neighborhood anchor in the midst of a palpable malaise.

Footage from a security camera in the neighborhood shows her walking near the McDonald's just before 7 a.m. Thursday. But she didn't make her RTA transfer. She never made it to school. She didn't go back home. Alianna went missing.

[...]

However, the discovery of the still then unidentified body terrified Cleveland Councilman Zack Reed. He said he feared that the discovery signaled a trend.

"This is the fifth body found near the 93rd Street corridor since 2012. Four of the bodies have been dumped in vacant lots or abandoned houses. Police tell me there's no obvious connection between the murders, but I'm not so sure. How do we know that we don't have another serial killer out here?" Reed told me Tuesday afternoon.

The councilman has reason to be extraordinarily sensitive when it comes to the topic of missing women. Sowell operated in Reed's former ward with a shocking recklessness and sadistic arrogance until he was caught. Still, Cleveland somehow failed to detect a prolific serial killer until one of Sowell's intended victims managed to escape and report the monster.

cont. at the link

http://www.cleveland.com/morris/index.ssf/2017/02/alianna_defreeze_went_missing.html

Okay, I'm losing my WS skills (if I ever had many). I thought she went missing Thursday, not Friday. So, forget my weather posted above. I think I'm getting a handle of the timeline now. (I love timelines and maps on cases.)

I agree that the school sighting and the afternoon bus sighting are wrong. Why would someone at the school say she was there, though? That is way more concerning that a city bus driver being mistaken.

I am spooked by this, as well as angry that a vulnerable girl was preyed upon! If this is a SK, let this be the last victim.

And....fix that call system at the school! Maybe it's time to return to old-fashioned phone calls rather than an automated system.

jmo

Okay, I'm losing my WS skills (if I ever had many). I thought she went missing Thursday, not Friday. So, forget my weather posted above. I think I'm getting a handle of the timeline now. (I love timelines and maps on cases.)

I agree that the school sighting and the afternoon bus sighting are wrong. Why would someone at the school say she was there, though? That is way more concerning that a city bus driver being mistaken.

I am spooked by this, as well as angry that a vulnerable girl was preyed upon! If this is a SK, let this be the last victim.

And....fix that call system at the school! Maybe it's time to return to old-fashioned phone calls rather than an automated system.

jmo

She did, didn't she? The 26th was Thursday? The articles I have linked within the map say last seen Thursday morning, police are looking for witnesses Thursday morning.

"Defreeze, 14, has been missing since Thursday morning when she was last seen in the 3400 block of East 149th Street, boarding a bus for school."

Tracy CarlossVerified account ‏@TracyCarloss 28m28 minutes ago
CPD wants to talk to anyone in the area of E 93 St& Kinsman at 6:50 Thursday am, who may have seen 14 yr old Alianna Defreeze.@WEWS

(links in Case Map, now with RSO's in the vicinity of Fuller Ave included)

She did, didn't she? The 26th was Thursday? The articles I have linked within the map say last seen Thursday morning, police are looking for witnesses Thursday morning.

"Defreeze, 14, has been missing since Thursday morning when she was last seen in the 3400 block of East 149th Street, boarding a bus for school."

Tracy CarlossVerified account ‏@TracyCarloss 28m28 minutes ago
CPD wants to talk to anyone in the area of E 93 St& Kinsman at 6:50 Thursday am, who may have seen 14 yr old Alianna Defreeze.@WEWS

(links in Case Map, now with RSO's in the vicinity of Fuller Ave included)

Augh!!!

:gaah:

"software malfunction" or "software glitch"

That seems too convenient an explanation. How many other "glitches" occurred that day, previous days?

What was the true breakdown in the process?

WATCH LIVE: Area clergy condemn the death of Alianna DeFreeze

CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) -
Cleveland community members are planning vigils and meetings in response to the death of a 14-year-old girl that went missing last week.

Wednesday afternoon at 2 p.m. The Greater Cleveland Clergy Coalition will hold a news conference on Alianna's murder at Mt. Olive Missionary Baptist Church, 3290 E. 126th St. (missed it, it's over now)

The Greater Cleveland Clergy Coalition is calling on pastors, partners, elected officials and business leaders to come together and put an end to the ongoing violence within the community.

At 5 p.m. "Peace in the Hood", Task Force for Community Mobilization, and Family and Friends of Alianna will host a Rally & Vigil for Justice. The vigil will take place at East 93rd and Fuller.

Paul OrlouskyVerified account ‏@PaulOrlousky 2m2 minutes ago
8 registered sex offenders living 1000 feet of where Alianna DeFreeze was found. 1 next door. 83 in a mile. @cleveland19 Paul Orlousky

https://twitter.com/PaulOrlousky

Has someone been reading here? :thinking:

ugh Sowell :( my friend was the niece of one of his victims :(

Good article.

By PHILLIP MORRIS

[...]

Here's what we do know.

[...]

cont. at the link

same with SIerra Lamar :(

Thanks Bessie.

So, it appears Alianna did not make it to school as stated by the principal. That 12 minute time frame did not seem feasible from getting on the bus, transferring, and being seen at school.

My question / concern is were her parents notified she was not at school on Friday? If not, a major slip-up! Alianna was gone for hours before anyone was notified.

ETA: I see where the text message from the school did not go through to the mother. For a special needs child riding a bus, plus transferring, with an age range of 8-9, this was a dangerous arrangement to begin with. A phone call was needed to verify what was going on with Alianna that morning. JMO.

My opinions only.

ShaniceVerified account ‏@ShaniceDunning 2m2 minutes ago
Vigil getting ready to start in front of abandoned home where Police found Alianna DeFreeze's body @cleveland19news

C3nIkn2W8AcBvgP.jpg

https://twitter.com/ShaniceDunning

Officer speaking at the vigil just stated the FBI are helping with the investigation

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee
Back