GUILTY OH - Alianna Defreeze, 14, Cleveland, 26 Jan 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Cleveland 19 News (@cleveland19news): https://twitter.com/cleveland19news?s=09

Police arrest man they say 'directly connected' to death of area 14-year-old: https://t.co/h7Ltv4jQeP https://t.co/7t722AaYLl

fb72df7d53172a139e7d0e226e8c7485.jpg

He did four years for a 2005 sexual battery. Pretty sure coroner gave them DNA and he was in the system. IMO

That photo gave me chills. I HATE this for her and her family :(

This means there is someone else out there that killed the other women in the area. Makes me sad.

[...]

Officials maintain that the investigation is still in the early stages.

They are still encouraging the public to come forward with any information, so that they can more accurately continue the investigation.

If you have any information in the case reach out to police in several ways. Contact homicide investigators at 216-623-5464 or Crimestoppers at 216-252-7463. Tips may be provided anonymously.

http://www.wkyc.com/mb/news/local/c...taker-in-murder-of-alianna-defreeze/396244491

I-Team sources: DNA helped identify suspect in murder of Alianna Defreeze

Posted 9:55 pm, February 2, 2017, by Kara Sutyak and Ed Gallek, Updated at 10:09PM, February 2, 2017

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- "Our investigators didn't stop. The culmination of their efforts is the arrest of a person who we need to make sure never touches our streets again," Cleveland Police Chief Calvin Williams said as he announced an arrest in the murder of 14-year-old Alianna Defreeze.

[...]

According to Cleveland police, Whitaker was identified as the suspect in this case through evidence discovered by the Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner’s Office Northeast Ohio Regional Forensic Laboratory. The FOX 8 I-Team reported DNA helped identify the suspect.

Great job by the medical examiner!

The community must be so relieved.

Agreed. The community and LE are to be commended. My only fear is that the sense of urgency will wain, and the other cases will remain cold. :crossfingers: that I'm wrong.

Wonderful job, LE, ME, and all those in this investigation! Suspect arrested, Alianna brought home. You've done your job well. Now let the justice system KEEP HIM LOCKED UP! Releasing just doesn't work in this sexual predators. They will strike again, and again.

It truly boggles my mind that someone with DNA in the system and on the registry would still do this. You're going to get caught so quickly.

I'm glad they got him. Now..........how many more of the assaults and murders in that cluster of attacks can be tied to him ?

Were LE and the coroner able to obtain DNA samples from the other victims ? If so, why wasn't he captured sooner than this ?

The lack of DNA may be part of the problem in the other attacks. LE was able to find the victim and process DNA samples in this case very quickly, so degradation wasn't a factor.

It's hard to believe he won't be responsible for other attacks and deaths in that same area.

I'm glad they got him. Now..........how many more of the assaults and murders in that cluster of attacks can be tied to him ?

Were LE and the coroner able to obtain DNA samples from the other victims ? If so, why wasn't he captured sooner than this ?

The lack of DNA may be part of the problem in the other attacks. LE was able to find the victim and process DNA samples in this case very quickly, so degradation wasn't a factor.

It's hard to believe he won't be responsible for other attacks and deaths in that same area.

You have a good point about the DNA. LE specifically commended the coroner for collecting evidence, which makes me wonder if the DNA was tricky to get. Maybe the perp tries not to leave a trace, but he got sloppy this time. Jmo

Did CPD/ME recently obtain more advanced equip. to process DNA?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back