GUILTY OH - Alianna Defreeze, 14, Cleveland, 26 Jan 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm glad they got him. Now..........how many more of the assaults and murders in that cluster of attacks can be tied to him ?

Were LE and the coroner able to obtain DNA samples from the other victims ? If so, why wasn't he captured sooner than this ?

The lack of DNA may be part of the problem in the other attacks. LE was able to find the victim and process DNA samples in this case very quickly, so degradation wasn't a factor.

It's hard to believe he won't be responsible for other attacks and deaths in that same area.

Just learning more about this case. Glad they arrested him.

If he is tied to other attacks then I have to question why he was not identified sooner and may have prevented other attacks.

I hate to think that LE just didnt do their job but I do have to question that. Sometimes I wonder how aggressive they are in doing the leg work to make sure they follow through with testing samples found at crime scenes.

DNA testing has been around for awhile now and we know it sometimes takes time to get results. With that said it should be no excuse to not be aggressive in pursuing the use of it and making sure they follow through.

Time will tell if someone dropped the ball here.
The sad part is if we do find out someone sat on something then it could have prevented other victims from being attacked.

Just learning more about this case. Glad they arrested him.

If he is tied to other attacks then I have to question why he was not identified sooner and may have prevented other attacks.

I hate to think that LE just didnt do their job but I do have to question that. Sometimes I wonder how aggressive they are in doing the leg work to make sure they follow through with testing samples found at crime scenes.

DNA testing has been around for awhile now and we know it sometimes takes time to get results. With that said it should be no excuse to not be aggressive in pursuing the use of it and making sure they follow through.

Time will tell if someone dropped the ball here.
The sad part is if we do find out someone sat on something then it could have prevented other victims from being attacked.
LE announced the other day that they'd recently obtained updated testing technology, and will use it to re-examine evidence from the earlier victims. It's in one of my posts upstream, from the day of the press conference.

Only four years for the previous sexual battery? That's a travesty!!!!

And skibaboo, as for taking over the streets, I took it to mean community watch :)

I decided to get an 'early' night last night and missed the news! This is great news! Added CW's address to the Case Map

I'f I'd have expanded the RSO search more than 1 mile he would have been on there! Here it says his previous victim was a 45 yr old female. Very possible he is responsible for others http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=1549781&AgencyID=55149

He lives further way then I thought he would.

It actually makes sense though..........the distance from his home to the cluster of attacks I mean. He kept himself and his home out of the general area where police searches would be going on. That's why he had to use abandoned homes, the closest thing to privacy he could find, to avoid leading LE right to his front door. Due to the distance involved, he was never really in danger of getting wrapped up in a police dragnet, and a causal observation would make one think that maybe he was too far removed from the crime scene to be a serious suspect.

It just goes to show how much forethought and planning goes into these attacks by serial predators.

It actually makes sense though..........the distance from his home to the cluster of attacks I mean. He kept himself and his home out of the general area where police searches would be going on. That's why he had to use abandoned homes, the closest thing to privacy he could find, to avoid leading LE right to his front door. Due to the distance involved, he was never really in danger of getting wrapped up in a police dragnet, and a causal observation would make one think that maybe he was too far removed from the crime scene to be a serious suspect.

It just goes to show how much forethought and planning goes into these attacks by serial predators.

Totally agree.

As far as the abandoned homes in a city I had never thought much about how abandoned homes give criminals and drug dealers a place to go. They really cause problems for a city.

Its hard to board them up well enough to keep out transients and others causing trouble.

Tearing them down is not always the best option if they are in fairly good shape then they can be fixed up to help a city revive itself.

I am sure city planners have tried to tackle this issue before and its probably a constant thing they have to deal with.

I have a question. In the video I linked, the reporter said he was ordered to pay $4000.00 in restitution to her. She didn't receive anything and was unaware of that. You would think this is a violation of parole and he should have been arrested again right? They really did drop the ball on this schmuck! IMO

Some of the other nearby victims were stabbed and yet some others had blundt force trauma and I think even stragulation so I would not put it past this suspect because notice these remarks in the attack of 2005 rape victim.

"When she wrestled that away from her he stabbed her in the neck with a pencil, choked her unconscious, beat her and raped her."

So choking and beating he is known to have done too.

http://www.cleveland19.com/story/34421559/woman-raped-by-christopher-whitaker-tells-her-story

Some of the other nearby victims were stabbed and yet some others had blundt force trauma and I think even stragulation so I would not put it past this suspect because notice these remarks in the attack of 2005 rape victim.

"When she wrestled that away from her he stabbed her in the neck with a pencil, choked her unconscious, beat her and raped her."

So choking and beating he is known to have done too.

http://www.cleveland19.com/story/34421559/woman-raped-by-christopher-whitaker-tells-her-story
My thoughts exactly. If the E 93rd St attacks and homicides are indeed linked, I've always thought the possible MO seems to be a triad of three things. Stabbing to the neck area, strangulation, and blunt force, with more than one method used on some victims. The surviving 2005 victim sustained this triad of injuries. The assertion that the varying MOs from victim to victim makes it unlikely that these crimes are linked never really sat well with me. Combine this with the use of abandoned homes and vacant lots in a small geographical area, and it's hard to ignore what does seem like a pattern.

I am very curious to see if the surviving victim who was dragged behind an abandoned house in this area can Identify CW.

I'm so glad they worked quickly to catch this . And I hope he never sees the light of day again. My heart goes out to Alianna's family.

Ahhh man. I hadn't given much attention to the case. Oh no. Sigh

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Good thinking.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sazy3