OH OH - Amy Mihaljevic, 10, Bay Village, 27 Oct 1989

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, and that could also be why it seems to be stretched out of shape. But even taking that into account, it seems to be a bit rough. Not really sloppy, but not an expert job either.

That's very heavy material. Light wouldn't show through it and it would have a lot of insulating properties.

This is my impression also. Definitely not an experienced or advanced project. This looks like an item born of a need, without the luxury of having access to correct lengths of fabric for the job. Someone with a little experience but confidence to make it work with what was on hand did this, imo.

I'd like a clear picture of the stitching. I'm wondering if this was made by hand or with a machine. A machine sewn item should be in better shape, even after 27 years. Again, jmo.

This is my impression also. Definitely not an experienced or advanced project. This looks like an item born of a need, without the luxury of having access to correct lengths of fabric for the job. Someone with a little experience but confidence to make it work with what was on hand did this, imo.

I'd like a clear picture of the stitching. I'm wondering if this was made by hand or with a machine. A machine sewn item should be in better shape, even after 27 years. Again, jmo.

I've posted a number of closeup screens shots of the stitching. I don't think a machine was used but would really like the opinions of others.

I can't see it clearly enough to tell.

I've posted a number of closeup screens shots of the stitching. I don't think a machine was used but would really like the opinions of others.

Maybe I missed them? I'm looking specifically for the points of construction, the actual stitches, kwim?

Maybe I missed them? I'm looking specifically for the points of construction, the actual stitches, kwim?

The photos in post 94 in this thread by outtangledweb are pretty close up. Do you think a guy maybe made these curtains? They look pretty badly made to me. Could maybe be a guy who has been in the military who can sew a little but not that great.

The photos in post 94 in this thread by outtangledweb are pretty close up. Do you think a guy maybe made these curtains? They look pretty badly made to me. Could maybe be a guy who has been in the military who can sew a little but not that great.

I would guess a youngster, or sewing newbie of either gender.

Someone who learned to sew as a utility type skill in military would not have taken the time to attempt cafe style tabs up top, jmo.

I can't see the thread used in construction. I wish I could see this in person, turn it over, inspect seams, etc. :-/

On the third image on post 94 you can see very small stitches close together, similar to hemstitching binding on a quilt. The fact that they've held while those on either side are gone leads me to think their stitching varied from small to large, something an experienced seamstress wouldn't do. IMO it would be much easier and faster to make a rod sleeve at the top rather than making the rod tabs. So IMO whoever made the curtain had little experience but wanted that particular design. I agree with others, there is or was a matching curtain or pillow made to go with it. I think it was made by a young lady.

No offense, but no, I can't see them :p

One reason to use tabs is to lengthen the curtain without using very much material.

No offense, but no, I can't see them :p

One reason to use tabs is to lengthen the curtain without using very much material.

My vision is awful, lol. And I agree about extending the length of the curtain overall using tabs. There seemed to be a very limited about of fabric to work with.

I also think a guy would not have taken the time to make tabs and that a woman made them either for a particular look or to be frugal with the material. I also think a woman who took that kind of time to make all those tabs would have been pretty upset to find the curtains missing; unless she was unaware they were missing because they were in a mans hunting cabin or man cave somewhere and she didn't notice they were missing. If made by an older woman, she may be deceased by now. I really think these pictures need to be circulated in Ashland County and in Avon Lake. One would think the investigators would do that; one press conference and that's it?

Just asking this question due to geography. Anyone familiar with Amish sewing work? I know their quilt work is meticulous, but not sure about other stuff. Could a young Amish girl have been commissioned to make these by someone living in Ashland? Is it too rudimentary for that?

Almost thinking the pics should be circulated in nearby Amish communities. But wishful thinking here, LE has done NOTHING to circulate these pics. One press conference and that's it? Galls me to no end.

68" is long... this curtain could have been used to cover a door or door height window.

I think it's definitely a repurposed blanket. One could slice off a few inches of one side to free up some fabric for fashioning the tabs. I don't believe the edges of the tabs were ever finished (hemmed), which tells me that the maker was not going after aesthetics at all, only function. This part of construction, imo, was hand sewn.

I still feel like this could be a young person, perhaps someone just putting their first home together. I don't believe many men would do this, I think they'd be more likely to just thumb tack the blanket over the window and call it a day.

68" is long... this curtain could have been used to cover a door or door height window.

I think it's definitely a repurposed blanket. One could slice off a few inches of one side to free up some fabric for fashioning the tabs. I don't believe the edges of the tabs were ever finished (hemmed), which tells me that the maker was not going after aesthetics at all, only function. This part of construction, imo, was hand sewn.

I still feel like this could be a young person, perhaps someone just putting their first home together. I don't believe many men would do this, I think they'd be more likely to just thumb tack the blanket over the window and call it a day.

I think a young person of either sex might have done that tab thing if they needed to cover a door or tall window and it was important for whatever reason that it reach the ground. Like for keeping people from seeing in, or something? I don't know. But it looks entirely functional and not the least aesthetic, which is kind of a guy thing.

A dirty curtain could hold all the clues to who kidnapped and killed 10-year-old Amy Mihaljevic. Pictures are on Crime Watch Daily. This could been a break in the case if someone recognizes and comes forward.

[video=youtube;RDeNRRlnUvk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDeNRRlnUvk[/video]

A dirty curtain could hold all the clues to who kidnapped and killed 10-year-old Amy Mihaljevic. Pictures are on Crime Watch Daily. This could been a break in the case if someone recognizes and comes forward.

[video=youtube;RDeNRRlnUvk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDeNRRlnUvk[/video]

Thank you for sharing this the more people who see the curtain the better. It's a long shot but here's hoping.

Truly I cannot imagine anyone remembering curtains like those.

Truly I cannot imagine anyone remembering curtains like those.

I have made a lot of homemade curtains. Someone who has should look at them carefully. You never know.

It is so long ago. I do remember some I made. But the person who knows may never see anything about them cuz they moved or are dead. Too bad they were not shown right away

"It's a shame that somebody has had 27 years of freedom, when that person really didn't, doesn't really deserve to be free," Mark said.

There have been some new developments in the case: In June, authorities revealed that drapery made from an old bedspread was found at the crime scene, as was a blanket; DNA testing proved the two items were used to wrap Amy's body after she was killed.

"That's definitely a big key to solving this thing. They just don't quite know where that thing was hanging, and as soon they can find that out, then they can find out where and backtrack," Mark said."

http://fox8.com/2016/10/27/amy-miha...ry-of-daughters-kidnapping-it-will-be-solved/

October 27th 2016 marked 27 years since Amy disappeared.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double
Back