GUILTY OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in grave , 7 May 2017 *GUILTY OF ABUSE OF CORPSE ONLY* *resentencing 2022* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I didn't follow this case. I do know the basics from reading on this thread. Hope someone will answer a couple of questions for me please.

What plan did Skylar have once she had a crying newborn on her hands. She had to have a plan beforehand. What were her plans for the baby?

IMO, everything went according to plan. Couldn’t have baby, and then it just worked out for her. Until she was caught. But it still worked out for her.

By her own admission, Skylar didn't have a plan. She didn't know what she was going to do about any of it. She did NOT tell her OB/GYN she didn't want the baby, what she said was she couldn't tell her mother, and that she "couldn't have" the baby. That was directly after being told she was pregnant, which she suspected, but didn't know for sure. She was also told she was 32 weeks; she thought she had time to try to figure out what to do.

She says she researched -once- how to get rid of a baby, but that search wasn't found by electronic forensic investigators. She seems to have chosen denial, essentially, after that, and to have postponed dealing with it until after prom.

2 days after prom- birthed. Quickly. If you believe her baby was stillborn-and I do- I don't know when exactly she could make those plans so many seem to have expected of her.

Time in the toilet? Unknown, if you believe (as I do) LE fed her the answer of 2 minutes (iirc). I don't think Skylar herself knew or knows now. A defense witness testified to answer one obvious (if unsaid)question: could the baby have drowned in the toilet due to negligence by Skylar or as a result of an active but passive decision? Answer to that......very unlikely.

More to the point, the defense made a very strong case that the baby was stillborn.

I agree. Not only that I don’t think she’s even that thin looking. I’ve seen others just as thin and they don’t have a ED. She milked it for all it’s worth imo. Luckily for her she can finally eat since all her stress she caused is over with.

Did a physician diagnose the eating disorder before the pregnancy?

I don’t think the baby being born alive then dying shortly after could be ruled out.
ETA... The jury just didn’t think it was at SBR’s hand... and neither do I. She could and should have done many things differently over the course of the pregnancy but I don’t think she killed the child and certainly don’t think she burned her.
@MsArk:) Thanks your post answering my post so precisely.
Exactly what I wondered about.
Sad, sad, sad, all the way around for everyone involved.

Yes. She'd been in treatment for ED's since she was 12.
I didn't know it was diagnosed that early, but adolescence is commonly the age when symptoms start.
I wouldnt be surprised if her mom had an Eating Disorder as well, going by some of the comments I've read that she made. Imo

By her own admission, Skylar didn't have a plan. She didn't know what she was going to do about any of it. She did NOT tell her OB/GYN she didn't want the baby, what she said was she couldn't tell her mother, and that she "couldn't have" the baby. That was directly after being told she was pregnant, which she suspected, but didn't know for sure. She was also told she was 32 weeks; she thought she had time to try to figure out what to do.

She says she researched -once- how to get rid of a baby, but that search wasn't found by electronic forensic investigators. She seems to have chosen denial, essentially, after that, and to have postponed dealing with it until after prom.

2 days after prom- birthed. Quickly. If you believe her baby was stillborn-and I do- I don't know when exactly she could make those plans so many seem to have expected of her.

Time in the toilet? Unknown, if you believe (as I do) LE fed her the answer of 2 minutes (iirc). I don't think Skylar herself knew or knows now. A defense witness testified to answer one obvious (if unsaid)question: could the baby have drowned in the toilet due to negligence by Skylar or as a result of an active but passive decision? Answer to that......very unlikely.

More to the point, the defense made a very strong case that the baby was stillborn.

Are you saying she gave birth quickly? Kinda unusual for a first pregnancy.

I can think of a couple different reasons why she fought so hard to keep her mother from finding out.

It seems to me Skylar's social lifestyle took priority over everything else.

I don’t think the baby being born alive then dying shortly after could be ruled out.

ETA... The jury just didn’t think it was at SBR’s hand... and neither do I. She could and should have done many things differently over the course of the pregnancy but I don’t think she killed the child and certainly don’t think she burned her.

All that we know for sure about what the jury believed is that that they concluded, quickly, that the State couldn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt the baby was born alive. The three most serious charges were all predicated on a live birth. No live birth, no conviction.

Beyond that, the defense made a compelling case, imo, way beyond what was required to establish reasonable doubt, that the baby was stillborn.

Check out Dr. White's testimony, Magnolia, if you want to get to the core of the case.

As a more granular aside. Skylar freely told the DR she visited in July that her baby was stillborn and that she had buried her in the backyard. Skylar's aunt worked for that med practice, btw.

The DR testified at trial she believed Skylar that the baby was stillborn. (State objected, judge sustained). I don't think it was testified to at trial, but that DR and another from the practice said the reason they notified LE wasn't because they believed Skylar had harmed, much less killed her baby, but they concluded they needed to ask LE what the protocol was about reporting the back yard burial.

Last edited:

I can think of a couple different reasons why she fought so hard to keep her mother from finding out.

Hers was quick. It's unusual yes, but having had a super quick first (and only ) birth I can personally vouch for the fact it happens.

Suggest that you read the texts between Skylar and her mother before drawing conclusions about what was most important to Skylar, and why she might have felt it was impossible to tell her "mother."

All that we know for sure about what the jury believed is that that they concluded, quickly, that the State couldn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt the baby was born alive. The three most serious charges were all predicated on a live birth. No live birth, no conviction.

Beyond that, the defense made a compelling case, imo, way beyond what was required to establish reasonable doubt, that the baby was stillborn.

Check out Dr. White's testimony, Magnolia, if you want to get to the core of the case.

As a more granular aside. Skylar freely told the DR she visited in July that her baby was stillborn and that she had buried her in the backyard. Skylar's aunt worked for that med practice, btw.

The DR testified at trial she believed Skylar that the baby was stillborn. (State objected, judge sustained). I don't think it was testified to at trial, but that DR and another from the practice said the reason they notified LE wasn't because they believed Skylar had harmed, much less killed her baby, but they concluded they needed to ask LE what the protocol was about reporting the back yard burial.

Thank you for explaining it better than I. I watched the trial and have agreed with everything you’ve posted.

Well, she said she had cramps, went to the bathroom, and "it plopped out."
So it sounds like it was pretty quick and came as a surprise. Imo

Thanks Hope4More. I will check out that testimony. :)

Link please to type of treatment she received.
I'm not sure it specifically said what type, but in MSM articles it says she had been in "treatment," which would usually consist of therapy and medication. I'm not sure how much her parents followed through with this, however, but someone else may know.

It's not surprising that she was diagnosed with a personality disorder, as anorexia often co-exists with some type of personality disorder. Imo

I'm not sure it specifically said what type, but in MSM articles it says she had been in "treatment," which would usually consist of therapy and medication. I'm not sure how much her parents followed through with this, however, but someone else may know.

It's not surprising that she was diagnosed with a personality disorder, as anorexia often co-exists with some type of personality disorder. Imo

IIRC, during the post verdict PC, her attorney stated she first sought help in the 8th grade.

Labor and delivery were quick with my first. I wasn't even sure I was in labor (no gush of water breaking, and I primarily had back labor - my son was born "sunny side up"). I often joked that if I so much as sneezed my son would have shot across the delivery room!

Skylar was lucky. First-time moms are usually in labor for about 12 to 18 hours, on average.
For me it was about two hours.
In my case I would say I was lucky, but Skylar obviously did not want to be pregnant and to me it seems like she forced it it out of her mind and was hoping it would just go away and be done with. I don't think she even realized she was in labor. She didn't say she was having contractions, she just said she had painful cramps.

Maybe the reason she went to get birth control pills two weeks before she delivered was because she was hoping to end the pregnancy, thinking it might cause a miscarriage.
Even her parents seemed to believe birth control pills would cause a miscarriage.
When the baby came out, she didn't even look, or so she said. She was in denial right up until she gave birth and when reality hit I think she panicked.

She didn't want anyone to find out, and foolishly thought she could just hide it and go on with her life.

I think she put it out of her mind as soon as she was done burying the body. It must have been a tremendous relief to her.

Without being pregnant, she could quickly get back to being thin and beautiful and in control again. She was ecstatic, showing everyone her belly. She thought she would have her life and everything would just go back to normal . Imo

Last edited:
Skylar was lucky. First-time moms are usually in labor for about 12 to 18 hours, on average.

Yes and no, imo, about lucky it was quick.

I don't know what preconceived ideas Skylar had, if any, about what the birthing process would be like.

Mine definitely included those many hours of labor, spent walking around the room, being encouraged the birth would happen soon...like that.

Instead, from first real contraction to delivery, birthing my DS took less than 3 hours. It all happened too quickly to really process what was happening, even with an awesome midwife, a doula, and my DH right there. I was still dazed when we left the birthing center just a couple hours after giving birth.

(We've laughed about this for years, but on the drive home, newborn DS in the back seat, both my DH & I were discombobulated enough to look around for the LE/emergency vehicle blaring it's siren behind us, only to realize it was our DS crying. :))

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back