GUILTY OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in grave , 7 May 2017 *GUILTY OF ABUSE OF CORPSE ONLY* *resentencing 2022* #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
....."The baby that she called "it" many times... we're just as much her family as ????..... she said perfectly okay with asking Tori, Trey's cousin, just a 3-month age difference and more like a sister, to be a character witness for her without giving her a few visit crucial information.

such as the baby being Trey's cousin.

and yet she didn't know what she was destroying and dividing the entire extended family. we had that point didn't think we could trust anyone if we couldn't trust the family that was the absolute closest person to Trey.

it was almost a year before I sit down with Tori and found out that she has been lied to.

I don't know if you know how we originally heard the Trey was the father.

DNA test on August 6th 2017 ...on January 29th 2018, on Facebook page, name came as the father because of a subpoena issued. my phone started blowing up while I was at work around 10 p.m. and I headed to the prosecutor's office the next morning on January 30th 2018....."
Regarding how they found out I think it was testified to that Trey originally told the police he couldn’t be the father. I don’t know it that’s because he forgot he had unprotected sex with her or if he forgot when it happened.

I like the judge's words - "grotesque disregard for life" and he's absolutely right. And I'm baffled by the fact that she's being treated like a victim in all of this and the baby has been all but forgotten.

I don’t feel the baby is forgotten. The judge was adamant that a proper burial with Johnson family access be held. That message was loud and clear. I’m grateful the judge ordered, emphasized this, and threatened repercussions for lack of compliance.

I'm going to hurl, I thought the judge was going to nail her, finally someone with some sense but no some shock probation or whatever, I bet even if she does break her probation he has the discretion to let her off yet again, makes me sick, I need a drink
I feel your pain! Wiped away my tears at work and trying to move on from this horrible injustice.

"... he gave me a call back told me they had left a card and a letter in the door. once I knew he was safe I had him send me a picture and I went back to the prosecutor's office and I waited until they finally told me it was going to be a while and I should just go and someone would call me. I just just gotten home when my phone rang and that was the first time I ever spoke to (prosecutor)

Where's the first time I ever spoke to Mr Canton and he said Trey is the father I'm sorry..... we got someone told you 181 days 5 months and 28 days that's how long after the DNA test. the Skyler knew and didn't tell Trey. she's known from the beginning it was his baby.she said in the first interview. just went on like nothing had happened the time between taking a DNA test and where we are today. I've not only watching my son become a totally different person and I believe his medical diagnosis private because she's done enough to him, and I can personally tell you I continuously been seeing for depression panic attacks anxiety and sleep issues..."

I don’t feel the baby is forgotten. The judge was adamant that a proper burial with Johnson family access be held. That message was loud and clear. I’m grateful the judge ordered, emphasized this, and threatened repercussions for lack of compliance.

The baby is a footnote in the minds of the people that are supporting her and saying she didn't harm the baby. People are arguing she was victimized by the prosecution and that the baby was a stillborn. People are choosing to believe that in order to give her a pass. But just my opinion and feeling about the case. We can agree to disagree.

I liked the judge's statement and condemnation of her.

I'm pleased with the outcome of the sentence hearing. Hopefully Skylar will receive help with her ED and other disorders.
I agree. And maybe her case will help other girls in the same situation realize there are resources out there and to find a trusted adult for support and guidance. And parents to know if they tell their daughters that their lives will be over and they have no future because of a pregnancy, their daughters might take that to heart and hide things that shouldn't be hidden. JMO of course

.." and my friends and family would tell you have become withdrawn cut off and ...not? the outgoing person I've always been. it's hard to be around people when you're trying not to lose it in front of anyone and can't talk to people because you don't know who you can trust to keep your son's name away from the media and all social media. I had multiple babies one in the family and with friends in the last two years. I've been ..... gender reveal parties, going to see them at the hospital, first birthday parties. I found multiple excuses not to go over and see them when they were babies. when I was around them I found myself making excuses even more excuses not to hold them. I just couldn't bring myself to do it. those that knew what was going on understood, those that didn't really thought it was odd and knew something was wrong. I love kids always have. I'm that Mom my friends kids all call and talk to me. I've helped raise many of them and consider all of them my own.

I would have taken her in with Trey and
raised
her
with
no
questions
asked...

Start to concluding words by the judge, what this trial has demonstrated to me is how close we are to allowing the State to exert control over the bodies of pregnant women, and to criminalize their choices, whether freely made or which exigencies of every kind make more inevitable.

Well, that's it for the transcription. The feed I was doing the transcription off was lost. I'll have to wait for somebody else probably while I was doing this did the tweets. Perhaps somebody when it is put up later can give a link to the entire thing.

Shout out to the prosecutors that tried to get justice for Baby Richardson. They did a great job and is is disheartening the jury came back with a Not Guilty. IMO
Now, Skylar can strut down the halls and look great with her body!:(

I respect everyone's opinion about this case like i always do in all other cases.

Everyone is allowed to express individual opinions on WS, which not only makes it the greatest crime blog site, but diverse as well.

I followed this case reading about it, but never posted.

So I will express my honest opinion one time, and return to the many other cases I'm following closely.

I do not agree with the NG verdict. I believe she purposefully killed her precious baby, and then covered it up. I accept the verdict even though I disagree with it, which is my right to do so.

I do not believe she was coerced into confessing. I have seen countless interrogations of suspects. Hers was not out of the norm neither were the investigators doing it, imo.

Did she not text how happy she was to have a flat belly again? (Paraphrasing) If so, it not only shows unbelievable callousness, but it definitely shows she was self absorbed much more with her outward beauty than her baby who she had put dead in her backyard as if she buried what she thought had no human value to her. Imo, because it didnt. Her little baby was seen as only an obstacle in her way.

However, I'm not the least bit surprised another white, blonde, female defendant got away with murder.

Remember when a white, very pretty, female teacher, who was actually a pedophile sex offender, with those she knew were underage? If it had been a male defendant they would have been charged with rape, because that is exactly what it is no matter the gender,and been sent to prison for many years.

Yet did she do any jail time at all for her predatory actions, and abuse of power? Of course not. Her attorney said she was just too pretty to go to jail. Sickenly the judge bought it.

So, I'm not the least bit surprised another female murdered her helpless baby, and got away with it again.

Unfortunately women offenders can be afforded far different standards when they wind up in our criminal judicial system.

It's not the first time nor will it be the last when a female has placed no human value for their own babies they have killed, but jurors continue to devalue the lives of these murdered babies as well. :(

This verdict would have been the total opposite for any father who dared to kill their baby. Then he would be convicted, and sentenced harshly, rightfully so.

Yet it seems if it is done by their mothers then all excuses under the sun are afforded to them when they wouldn't even be discussed, much less considered at trial for the male father offenders nor should it be for either gender.

However, the double standards for each gender doing the same like crimes are replusive, and a grave injustice. It leaves a horrible message that if the mom is the one who kills their own baby, its acceptable, and seen as okay as long as the dads dont do it.

It painfully shows females demand they are to be treated equal, which they should, except it seems they don't want it to apply when they find themselves in the criminal justice system.

Instead they want to appear meek, needy, downtrodden, poor little damsels in distress. Why? Because it continues to work for many of them of course.. with either found NG or little if any jail time.

God please protect all of the other unwanted babies who are seen only as burdens, instead of cherished blessings they truly are.

Jmho though, and nothing more.

Last edited:
Watching KR during Tre's mothers Victim impact......... COLD COLD COLD. Even BSR, so dissociated. no gulps, no tears, no expression.

Strictly my opinion here. I think Ms. Johnson's statement was very over done. I felt like she acted as if she had a personal connection and a relationship with Annabelle. It just came across as very odd to me. I understand that finding out the way she did had to have been incredibly shocking and stressful to not only her but also to Trey. Had Trey spoken about not knowing he had a child on the way, never meeting his daughter, etc I think I would have taken it differently.

Strictly my opinion here. I think Ms. Johnson's statement was very over done. I felt like she acted as if she had a personal connection and a relationship with Annabelle. It just came across as very odd to me. I understand that finding out the way she did had to have been incredibly shocking and stressful to not only her but also to Trey. Had Trey spoken about not knowing he had a child on the way, never meeting his daughter, etc I think I would have taken it differently.
I found it really odd too.

Yeah I mean even the state agrees with that.

I'm satisfied with how the system worked here. I am convinced she killed her child, intentionally. However, our constitution acts to protect the innocent and afford everyone due process and Skyler got due process.

I don't think the state was wrong for prosecuting her but I don't think the jury was stupid for finding the state couldn't prove it's case.

My big qualm is that I feel more jurors could come to the conclusion that she did kill her child, with the very same set of facts, if the defendant looked different.

I agree with this 100%. This was truly a toss-up when it went to the jury. And, honestly, with as quickly as they came back I thought it would go the other way for involuntary manslaughter. But, I can totally see how they let her off with just the abuse of a corpse as well.

Good question. I've heard it both ways. If the Dr. sent it to her mother, it is yet another violation of privacy.

JMO

I have no doubt that mom has access to BSR's email. I have no doubt that KR helped BSR fill out the paperwork when they arrived at the OB office. Whatever email was put on that paperwork was likely BSR's email that mom has access to or mom's own email address. I also have no doubt that BSR had no idea what information would be shared via email and likely had no issue providing whichever email address KR wanted. I really don't think the MD office screwed up - I think they sent it to the email on file provided by BSR (or her mother, most likely) when they checked into the appt.

If he was going to violate HIPAA why not call and set up an ultrasound appointment. A coded medical bill to another person possibly in denial seems doesn't seem like the best way to let someone know their kid is pregnant. Was the doctor compelled to talked about BSR and her words in the original visit? I get having to call police if someone admits to burying a stillborn baby. During her first visit when she found out she was pregnant what she said and asked about should have remained private.
When you are 18 and live at home as a high school student, so many things are intertwined with your parents. Filling out college applications sometimes requires information from them, financial statements stuff you might not have a clue about. If most of what you have is paid for by your parents they probably have access to your devices. It could have been accidental, it could have been the mom checking up on BSR. If you suspect your kid is pregnant and receive a document proving it but aren't 110% sure why not call and pretend to be your daughter? I don't know if that is a crime. lol

KR didn't follow up more because she wanted to believe BSR that there was no pregnancy.

Putting everything else aside about what led to the 2nd interrogation, the legitimacy of the interrogation methods used on Skylar, and giving LE and the State every benefit of the doubt.....

At the time of interrogation, LE believed the bones were charred. From that and from what Skylar had told them in interview #1, including that she didn't want the baby, hadn't told anyone she was pregnant, and had birthed in secret, made it reasonable for LE to believe it was more likely than not to have killed her baby. Fair enough.

Believing that, of course they weren't going to automatically accept her denials that she burned her baby. Again, fair enough.

Let's even posit it wasn't problematic for LE to hold her hands and tell her they knew she burned her baby because she loved her.

The point at which any confession Skylar made from then on lost all legitimacy was when LE accepted Skylar's account of setting her baby on fire with a lighter. No matter what she said or did not say about how high those imaginary flames leapt up.

It was an absurd and impossible scenario. That LE accepted it then, and that the State insisted upon it as truth at trial, made everything Skylar "confessed" to afterwards highly questionable at best.

I'm still convinced the State lost at least some jurors the day that interrogation was played at trial.

That is what gets me too. There HAD to be a way to show that video and explain that the state was disregarding that part of her confession. She said enough in the texts and initial interrogation to convince a lot of people that the baby was indeed born alive. The absurdity of the burning theory turned the jury off, IMO.

I agree.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3