OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in shallow grave, Carlisle, 7 May 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a side by side picture of Skylar and her mother. In this picture her mother has her parted different. I have seen it parted on the same side as Skylar.

Attachments

• Skylar Richardson.jpg
    Skylar Richardson.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 91
Here is a side by side picture of Skylar and her mother. In this picture her mother has her parted different. I have seen it parted on the same side as Skylar.

That other photo may not be her mom at all but it sure doesn’t look like Skylar either. Unless maybe it’s just an older photo of her and at one time she had shorter hair? IDK

JMO

After listening to these interviews I'm convinced Skylars mum knew about the pregnancy or at the very least suspected , the reaction to the news seems callous and flat . Dads reaction totally different .
However , I'm not understanding the emphasis being put on the doc knowing of pregnancy ,priscribing BC and not ' warning ' SR not to take this BC when preg . Is the dad trying to shift blame ?

I also thought it was odd that her dad kept grilling her on that over and over again. If I found out my child was pregnant, gave birth secretly and buried the possibly stillborn, possibly murdered baby in the backyard I would not be yammering away about if she was SURE she'd been prescribed birth control pills.

So it was the defense who showed the photo?

Yes. It was a slide put up on the screen during defense opening statements. It’s marked in the upper right corner, ‘Defendants Exhibit
00-13’.

Attachments

• BBEFE123-FCB3-4355-8769-44CFD92BCD8C.jpeg
    BBEFE123-FCB3-4355-8769-44CFD92BCD8C.jpeg
    63.7 KB · Views: 36
1st interview with LE:
*LE notices Skylar is really nervous
*Detective is just asking Skylar about her going to college and without prompting from LE asks "Am I going to get arrested"?
This is at the 4:16 mark in the YouTube video.
If you watch the very beginning of the video with LE Skylar goes from being very nervous to chatty with LE when they ask her about college.

Brown said she ruled this case a homicide based on the exam of the baby’s remains and what Richardson said in her interview with police. She said all of the evidence — information from the scene, police interview, anthropology report and autopsy report — points to a death caused by homicidal violence, but she can’t determine the exact cause of death.
Rittgers also accused Brown of confirmation bias and alleged she ignored Richardson’s statements to police about the baby being white and not breathing.

"I did not ignore facts," Brown said. (bbm)

Dr. William "Kim" Brady, an expert in maternal and fetal medicine, said intrauterine growth restriction cannot be determined by fundal height (the distance from the pubic bone to the top of the uterus).

Brady said Richardson’s blood work was in a “completely normal range” at her April 26 appointment, and that there was nothing that would indicate a “nutritional issue.”

Richardson's baby's death ruled 'homicidal violence,' doctor says

Ok, this makes no sense to me. I've seen perinatologists regularly for multiple high risk pregnancies. They never rely on blood work to determine any nutritional issues. That just sounds cockamamie. I agree fundal height is meaningless at that stage. They rely on in depth ultrasounds of the baby measuring head, belly and bone growth. There is NO bloodwork that could tell nutritional issues.

And they can even miss intrauterine growth retardation on ultrasound. I had weekly ultrasound with one of my children. When she was born we were all shocked at how tiny she was. She absolutely met the criteria for IUGR. But to say her bloodwork indicated no nutritional issues just sounds like bull crap to me. Like they are relying on people having no idea what happens in a perinatologist or MFM's office. They never took blood work that was measuring "nutritional issues". It would have been out of the way and extraordinary if someone was actually ordering specialty labs that measured vitamin levels. And a CMP tells basic minerals and your body fights to keep that in normal range. It can and will remain in normal range unless something is seriously off with your kidneys or gut. It does not rule out nutritional issues or tell you if the baby is getting enough. Heh.

That other photo may not be her mom at all but it sure doesn’t look like Skylar either. Unless maybe it’s just an older photo of her and at one time she had shorter hair? IDK

JMO
I am not saying you could be wrong. I was just trying to find another picture of them together. I do not think that was a good comparison picture the defense put up. I don't see how anyone could see any weight differences between the 2 pictures. At least I couldn't. moo

I also thought it was odd that her dad kept grilling her on that over and over again. If I found out my child was pregnant, gave birth secretly and buried the possibly stillborn, possibly murdered baby in the backyard I would not be yammering away about if she was SURE she'd been prescribed birth control pills.

Agree, I found it strange their reaction when they first saw BSR in the interrogation room after just learning she was pregnant and had buried her baby in the back yard. Her mom didn’t say much other than feeling sorry for herself and worried about what the neighbors thought.

FWIW, I’ve read that some feel based upon their reactions in the interrogation room, the whole thing seemed rehearsed and the parents weren't really surprised at all...that it all seemed more like bad acting.

JMO

Last edited:
I am not saying you could be wrong. I was just trying to find another picture of them together. I do not think that was a good comparison picture the defense put up. I don't see how anyone could see any weight differences between the 2 pictures. At least I couldn't. moo

Oh no I didn’t think you were questioning me. Sorry if I came off that way.

I was just trying to figure it out myself. To me, that photo of the woman on the left looks like a woman in her 30’s. Totally different body structure. I’m not convinced that it’s her mom but it sure doesn’t look like BSR either.

JMO

I will have to watch again but I came away thinking BSR called the baby "her" until... Being with her parents. She used "her" once or twice early with parents, then after experiencing their reactions, she then primarily refers to the baby as "it". JMO

I remember her saying "her" repeatedly as well as "it". I remember finding it odd reading others saying she only said it when I finally watched the videos myself because I didn't find that to be the case at all.

My apologies if this has been asked before, but does anyone know where the name Annabelle came from? TIA everyone.

March 23, 2018 - Good Housekeeping

According to court documents filed by Rittgers and confirmed by Kim, sometime in the night, Skylar decided to name her baby Annabelle. "When she saw her, she thought of how pure and beautiful she was," Kim tells me. "I'd never heard the name before."

Why Is This 19-Year-Old on Trial for Murder?

I agree - defense likely asked them to come up with a name when they filed court documents. BSR never told the detectives she named her infant (during interrogations shown thus far - baby is "it"). MOO

Last edited:

Here a few more pics of her mom.

Attachments

• B5F034D5-4A19-4BFD-B1CF-47647A5691D4.jpeg
    B5F034D5-4A19-4BFD-B1CF-47647A5691D4.jpeg
    18.6 KB · Views: 107
  • 73CB5D7D-11BA-4F7B-A327-3E088F7670AD.jpeg
    73CB5D7D-11BA-4F7B-A327-3E088F7670AD.jpeg
    46.4 KB · Views: 109
  • EF62EB69-F691-47AB-81EE-4B5481933DB8.jpeg
    EF62EB69-F691-47AB-81EE-4B5481933DB8.jpeg
    125.9 KB · Views: 106
  • 4604C715-C477-4050-AEB8-0F1795020217.jpeg
    4604C715-C477-4050-AEB8-0F1795020217.jpeg
    63.6 KB · Views: 109
  • CEC405C0-7F5E-4619-8943-4AD73A59F7B3.jpeg
    CEC405C0-7F5E-4619-8943-4AD73A59F7B3.jpeg
    116.8 KB · Views: 96

According to court documents filed by Rittgers and confirmed by Kim, sometime in the night, Skylar decided to name her baby Annabelle. "When she saw her, she thought of how pure and beautiful she was," Kim tells me. "I'd never heard the name before."

I agree - defense likely asked them to come up with a name when they filed court documents. BSR never told the detectives she named her infant.

Did this come out in the trial (that she didn't tell the detectives the baby's name was Annabelle)? I've been so busy I haven't been able to keep up.

I agree - defense likely asked them to come up with a name when they filed court documents. BSR never told the detectives she named her infant.

It reminds me the Prosecution calls (Skylar) Brooke and the infant Baby Richardson. The Defense calls her Skylar and the baby Annabelle.

I really didn't notice until Court TV mentioned it.

During opening statements, the defense showed this photo slide to the court. (Defendants Exhibit 00-13)

It’s a side-by-side photo comparison showing BSR’s weight loss (anorexia). They said the photos were taken just 6 months apart.

Some don’t believe that the photo on the left is BSR at all but rather a photo of her mother?

In all of the photos I’ve ever seen of BSR, I don’t ever recall seeing her with short hair?

Thoughts?

JMO

I don't think the bikini pic is mom but if we could see same bikini photo with longer hair, I think it would more likely resemble a chubbier BSR.

Surely, prosecution would have objected to this photo if they thought it wasn't the defendant... Or no??

I don't think the bikini pic is mom but if we could see same bikini photo with longer hair, I think it would more likely resemble a chubbier BSR.

Surely, prosecution would have objected to this photo if they thought it wasn't the defendant... Or no??

Yes, that’s what I was wondering? The prosecution surely would’ve objected if it wasn't her?
Does the defense have to present all of their discovery, exhibits, etc., to the prosecution before trial? If so, I would think they would’ve seen it then and objected.

If it is BSR and the photos were taken just 6 months apart, she must have had some good hair extensions or her hair grows really fast.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member