OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in shallow grave, Carlisle, 7 May 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
do you guys want some help with the tweets I have been following this case but with time difference its crazy

The parents were the adults here. She may have been barely an adult especially if she was a kid when she became pregnant. By our legal definitions. Charge the adults here. Let Skyler go and charge the parents for lying under oath, call it a wrap and go home
People younger than Skylar have been tried as adults.

Miller v. Alabama and Juvenile Life Without Parole Laws
In 2005 the U.S. Supreme Court held in Roper v. Simmons that the Eighth Amendment’s ban against cruel and unusual punishment prohibits juveniles from being sentenced to death for crimes they committed before they reached age 18. Five years later the court abolished the sentence of life without the possibility of parole for youth convicted of nonhomicide crimes in Graham v. Florida.

Building on these two cases, the court in 2012 abolished mandatory life sentences without the possibility of parole in Miller v. Alabama. The court in Miller ruled that while sentences of life without parole were still permissible, they could only be imposed after judicial consideration of the individual circumstances and the court must consider the offender’s maturity level.

http://www.ncsl.org/research/civil-...ma-and-juvenile-life-without-parole-laws.aspx

IMO the parents may be guilty of putting pressure on Skylar for her appearance and behavior but nothing else.

If Skylar has tried so hard to hide her pregnancy from her Mother...and succeeded...despite the email from the Dr. ...WHY would she text her the day after delivering and call attention to her belly having suddenly gone flat?

This lie has pretty much flipped me over to the prosecution. Her Mother obviously knew.

I don't know what happened here but it seems that Skylar was still emotionally and financially dependent on her parents when this happened. Awful.

If Skylar has tried so hard to hide her pregnancy from her Mother...and succeeded...despite the email from the Dr. ...WHY would she text her the day after delivering and call attention to her belly having suddenly gone flat?

This lie has pretty much flipped me over to the prosecution. Her Mother obviously knew.

It sure seems mom knew - particularly because of the email. But, I don't remember any testimony about exactly what was said in the email message. I need to watch some of those court videos again.

It sure seems mom knew - particularly because of the email. But, I don't remember any testimony about exactly what was said in the email message. I need to watch some of those court videos again.
I don't think it was said in the testimony. I believe it was said in the Prosecution Opening Statement.

If I remember correctly, Kim (mom) questioned the defendant about being pregnant after she received email from the women's clinic, and BSR denied it.

Perhaps BSR told her mom she had gained weight with senior year /graduation celebrations etc., and after she gave birth, was bragging to her mom that she was getting in college shape-- after having lost her belly. MOO

I don't know what happened here but it seems that Skylar was still emotionally and financially dependent on her parents when this happened. Awful.

Although Skylar was age 18 when arrested in July 2017, she had just graduated from high school months earlier.

Most HS students living in their parents home are financially if not also emotionally dependent on their parents.

At the time of her arrest, she allegedly had plans to attend University of Cincinnati, and perhaps would have left home for the very first time that fall.

MOO

do you guys want some help with the tweets I have been following this case but with time difference its crazy

Thanks much @Emi for offer to help post tweets.

As the trial is being televised and/or featured on local stations and court trial channels - I don't think we've been as busy with tweets on the thread.

If you see anything you believe warrants capture and immediate post, please feel free to post the tweet. :)

I think the prosecution has put on a pretty good case so far.

Surely they have more than just those 2 text messages.

And I wonder if we will find out about the skull fractures and who's blood it was on the carpet, hallway and bathroom.

Also, what teenage girl would have FOUR bottles of bleach lying around in her bathroom?

I really can't find anything strange about a 18 y.o. being financially and emotionally dependent on his/her parents. It's absolutely normal...
I didn't mean to imply otherwise. Totally normal. My point, which I did not articulate well, is that she seemed dependent on her parents and, depending on what her parents were like in terms of her being pregnant, that dependency could cause a catastrophic situation.

Sooo...correct me...really...if I have misunderstood any of this.

The Drs office mistakenly sends the Mother info indicating her daughter is pregnant. Daughter denies. Mom believes daughter over the Drs office. Mom believes weight gain is just due to eating.

But the day after the birth, Richardson texted her Mother that “OMG, so happy my belly is back!”

How did Mom believe that a big protruding belly due to weight gain could disappear overnight? No woman who has ever dieted is EVER going to believe that explanation.

Yeah, there's some sort of level of major delusion going on here. Not a psychologist but... I'm pretty sure there's already an air of unreality tied to perceptions of eating disorders (anorexics think they look fat when you can see their bones through the skin, etc.). KR seems very, shall we say, "self-satisfied" and also incurious ("I'd never heard of the name Annabelle before"? Really?!?); and I think there's also something to be said for SR's state of mind after her mother's reaction to SR "having her belly back", was "ho-hum"; and further contributed to self-delusional reactions (if controlling Mom doesn't care, why should anyone else? Maybe it's not really as bad as anyone objective thinks it is). Plus, recent studies have determined that the brains of young adults are a lot more mushy plasticine than everyone thinks they are, especially the decision-making center, which doesn't tend to really "firm up" until age 24-26.

Generally, in my own experience as the daughter of an incurious authoritarian mother, dim authoritarian mothers tend to think they're perfect geniuses just as they are, and that everything they think about child-raising is perfect. I predict we'll see lots of "controlling Mom" in KR's appearance and testimony in the future.

I’m a guy so naturally I’m a little confused on a few things.

- she obviously didnt want the child. How could she under her own power induce delivery?
-during delivery, wouldn’t this have been dramatic in some way, shape or form where one of her parents would have been woken from the noise? I’m sure this wasn’t as smooth as passing gas in your sleep.

I wondered if she was in denial about the pregnancy and scared so didn’t return for appointments, tried to block it out.

I’m not sure how far along she was when the baby came but could it be true it was stillborn. Like because she wasn’t eating for pregnancy she could have gotten listeriosis and/or having a home birth there might have been something that went wrong.

The message to her mother about her tummy... she might have noticed it deflate and thought it’s be noticeable so wanted to get in early and make a comment about it, like trying to say nothing suspicious to see here.

Being a scared teen in denial doesn’t make me immediately take the jump to murder. What does cause of death say?

This case just makes me want to scream....where were the adults in her life, and for 9 months?

How can she be expected to be more mature than her own parents?

She might be a baby killer, but if her own parents and caretakers didn't show her unconditional love and show her they would accept her and support her even if she got pregnant, in my opinion.... they are worse. They or rather, their desire she appear 'normal' could have inadvertently killed her. She could have had a hemorrhage. They've had a lot more years to gain adult perspective and forgiveness.

Psych care and some incarceration maybe is best for her... she is a mentally ill child killer, most likely.
But could the parents be charged?

I wondered if she was in denial about the pregnancy and scared so didn’t return for appointments, tried to block it out.

I’m not sure how far along she was when the baby came but could it be true it was stillborn. Like because she wasn’t eating for pregnancy she could have gotten listeriosis and/or having a home birth there might have been something that went wrong.

The message to her mother about her tummy... she might have noticed it deflate and thought it’s be noticeable so wanted to get in early and make a comment about it, like trying to say nothing suspicious to see here.

Being a scared teen in denial doesn’t make me immediately take the jump to murder. What does cause of death say?
They're not releasing the autopsy I don't think

how is the defense going to get around a mother not knowing if she doesn't invest in the baby's prenatal care that she won't have a healthy baby? If she didn't show care for the health of the baby prior to birth, why would she show care afterwards?

The mother is not charged with anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper