OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in shallow grave, Carlisle, 7 May 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone remind me what time Court starts today Eastern Time?

Also, I was following on court TV online and I seem to be about 30 minutes behind everybody else posting. Are there other sites that live stream without doing commercials?

There’s several local news live-streams on Facebook and on their news websites. There’s WHIO and FOX 19 Cincinnati. Also the Law & Crime website is streaming live in real-time.

Here’s the link to the Law & Crime livestream:

Watch Live: Skylar Richardson Allegedly Killed Newborn Daughter Shortly After Prom

Last edited:
Pregnant women are not required by law to follow up on an appointment or even go to the doctor at all. Making that choice is their constitutional right.

I think the baby was dead before she delivered it. I had a dear friend who was 9 months pregnant and was scheduled for a c-section. The night before she was scheduled to go in, there was a placental abruption, she was rushed to the hospital via rescue squad but the baby was already dead from oxygen deprivation.

BR said she didn't cut the umbilical cord. I believe her. I think the reason was because the umbilical cord was attached to a separated placenta.

The prosecution presented no compelling evidence the baby was born alive because it wasn't born alive.

JMO

Placental abruption is totally different than what Skylar described. Skylar said the cord wasn't attached. In Placental abruption just the placenta detaches from the uterine wall is all.

"The placenta develops in the uterus during pregnancy. It attaches to the wall of the uterus and supplies the baby with nutrients and oxygen. Placental abruption occurs when the placenta partially or completely separates from the inner wall of the uterus before delivery. This can decrease or block the baby's supply of oxygen and nutrients and cause heavy bleeding in the mother."

Placental abruption - Symptoms and causes

My question is what would she had done with a live baby? kept her hidden in the room? ahh no ..So to me it seems awful convenient the baby was "stillborn".

I don't know about what the Jury may do. They may believe she was very naïve and scared.

This is an excellent point. After reading the texts between herself and her Mother...do we really believe she could have walked out for breakfast and said,”Hey, Mom, come see what I have in my room.”

She’d been told a baby would ruin her life, she would have to work to support it, no college. In the moments after she births the child, as she is confronted with the reality...how...convenient...that “maybe” she squeezed it a little too tight.

And the joy after the baby’s death!

Whether her Mother damaged her or not, she is NOW what she is. As a society, how far and to whom to we provide “get out of jail free cards” to eighteen year olds who kill..because they didn’t have good parents.

There are younger kids on trial in places today...gang members who chose acceptance in that group..with only a heroin addict at home to raise them. Are their trials discussed or their crimes ameliorated in terms of the terrible parenting they received?

Maybe if their lawyers tell them to speak in baby voice...say “boy doctor” etc.

Who is to say how Kim was raised...how she turned out to be the Mother she is? What do we know about her Mother? Maybe Grandma is to blame for the baby’s death because she raised Kim to be the woman SHE is, right? How far back can we go to hold Skylar blameless and make her the victim, not the killer?

Skylar seems to be absolved of all responsibility by some and the “crime” transferred to her Mother. But I see that as a selective transference that other young defendants are never afforded.

So who gets to blame Mommy and go back to cheerleading and college frat parties...and who gets to face penalties no matter how absent or horrific their respective “family” home and be sent, without further thought...to a lengthy jail term.

This case disturbs me in many ways.

BBM
I don’t think I’ve seen this actual text posted anywhere yet, but I do recall this text being read out loud during court yesterday while watching the livestream.

IIRC, BSR said it was one of her teachers who announced her weight loss to the class and everyone clapped.

JMO
As a side note, this is an insane glimpse of diet culture in action. Even with the pregnancy weight she was clearly a very slim girl with no health problems. Celebrating a young girl starving herself to better fit an aesthetic standard is insane to me.

I think the cord could have torn during delivery as she did not catch her, or when she stood up to look into the toilet. The baby gurgled, she said it, she was alive. The cord did not detach in utero.

I've been listening to yesterdays testimony the past hour, her baby voice is somewhat disingenuous at times. I really want to believe her, but it's hard. I don't think she is an evil person, but I lean towards her family circumstances leading her to not assist Anabelle to live. Maybe intentional, maybe shock and being overwhelmed and frozen. Either way, for me that is manslaughter. Just so sad, it didn't have to be this way.

This is an excellent point. After reading the texts between herself and her Mother...do we really believe she could have walked out for breakfast and said,”Hey, Mom, come see what I have in my room.”

She’d been told a baby would ruin her life, she would have to work to support it, no college. In the moments after she births the child, as she is confronted with the reality...how...convenient...that “maybe” she squeezed it a little too tight.

And the joy after the baby’s death!

Whether her Mother damaged her or not, she is NOW what she is. As a society, how far and to whom to we provide “get out of jail free cards” to eighteen year olds who kill..because they didn’t have good parents.

There are younger kids on trial in places today...gang members who chose acceptance in that group..with only a heroin addict at home to raise them. Are their trials discussed or their crimes ameliorated in terms of the terrible parenting they received?

Maybe if their lawyers tell them to speak in baby voice...say “boy doctor” etc.

Who is to say how Kim was raised...how she turned out to be the Mother she is? What do we know about her Mother? Maybe Grandma is to blame for the baby’s death because she raised Kim to be the woman SHE is, right? How far back can we go to hold Skylar blameless and make her the victim, not the killer?

Skylar seems to be absolved of all responsibility by some and the “crime” transferred to her Mother. But I see that as a selective transference that other young defendants are never afforded.

So who gets to blame Mommy and go back to cheerleading and college frat parties...and who gets to face penalties no matter how absent or horrific their respective “family” home and be sent, without further thought...to a lengthy jail term.

This case disturbs me in many ways.

Excellent post.

BBM
I don’t think I’ve seen this actual text posted anywhere yet, but I do recall this text being read out loud during court yesterday while watching the livestream.

IIRC, BSR said it was one of her teachers who announced her weight loss to the class and everyone clapped.

JMO

the whole social scene/community seems to be focused on weight loss. this is a bizarre thing for a teacher to announce to a class. and clap for someone who is already too thin? What the heck is going on there?

Placental abruption is totally different than what Skylar described. Skylar said the cord wasn't attached. In Placental abruption just the placenta detaches from the uterine wall is all.

"The placenta develops in the uterus during pregnancy. It attaches to the wall of the uterus and supplies the baby with nutrients and oxygen. Placental abruption occurs when the placenta partially or completely separates from the inner wall of the uterus before delivery. This can decrease or block the baby's supply of oxygen and nutrients and cause heavy bleeding in the mother."

Placental abruption - Symptoms and causes

1. I believe what Skylar said about the umbilical cord, especially since what she said wasn't in her best interest. The obvious and best lie available to her was to say she saw the umbilical cord wrapped around her baby's neck. It would explain a stillborn, no one could prove otherwise, and it would make her less culpable for not seeking possibly life-saving assistance.

2. Skylar had no reason to lie about not cutting the umbilical cord, nor about when she birthed the placenta. IMO it's entirely possible she doesn't remember when that happened because she was in shock for some time after giving birth.

3. Skylar said she bled profusely while/after giving birth. That isn't normal, even for an unmedicated vaginal birth. There are types of umbilical cord abnormalities that could explain both such bleeding and a detached cord.

4. FWIW about Skylar describing her baby's color as "white."

If Skylar had taken laxatives that day or in the early evening, it's possible the white she described was actually related to meconium, and if meconium was present and severe enough, it could have caused her baby to essentially suffocate before or during birth.

Skipping over the story of why it was the birth of my son included a minor meconium scare, my DH described our DS, as he emerged/immediately afterwards as looking like "a statue." DS was white/light gray from head to toe, eyes closed, still, and silent. He was perfectly fine & 100 % alive, but if Skylar's baby looked like that too, it could help explain why she believed her daughter wasn't born alive.

1. I believe what Skylar said about the umbilical cord, especially since what she said wasn't in her best interest. The obvious and best lie available to her was to say she saw the umbilical cord wrapped around her baby's neck. It would explain a stillborn, no one could prove otherwise, and it would make her less culpable for not seeking possibly life-saving assistance.

2. Skylar had no reason to lie about not cutting the umbilical cord, nor about when she birthed the placenta. IMO it's entirely possible she doesn't remember when that happened because she was in shock for some time after giving birth.

3. Skylar said she bled profusely while/after giving birth. That isn't normal, even for an unmedicated vaginal birth. There are types of umbilical cord abnormalities that could explain both such bleeding and a detached cord.

4. FWIW about Skylar describing her baby's color as "white."

If Skylar had taken laxatives that day or in the early evening, it's possible the white she described was actually related to meconium, and if meconium was present and severe enough, it could have caused her baby to essentially suffocate before or during birth.

Skipping over the story of why it was the birth of my son included a minor meconium scare, my DH described our DS, as he emerged/immediately afterwards as looking like "a statue." DS was white/light gray from head to toe, eyes closed, still, and silent. He was perfectly fine & 100 % alive, but if Skylar's baby looked like that too, it could help explain why she believed her daughter wasn't born alive.

The Botton line is we really don't know what really happened. jmo

The judge dismissed the tampering of evidence charge on what most probably view as a technicality.

In Ohio, the State's burden of proof for this charge has 3 elements, and all 3 must be satisfied. The judge ruled the State hadn't and couldn't satisfy on just one of those 3 elements:

The State must prove that the defendant was aware, at the time the alleged crime (tampering) was committed, that the underlying crime (murder) was already under investigation, or was certain to be investigated.

The State argued it had met it's burden of proof on that element because it was known by some (DR's) that Skylar was pregnant, and that the absence of her baby would be investigated.

The defense countered that sufficient time had elapsed between the baby's birth and Skylar's 2nd DR's appointment for the absence of her baby to be explained as......she had given birth. What was there to investigate, had Skylar not told the truth when asked about the baby?

So.....charge dismissed.

Thank you! I appreciate the explanation.

My question is what would she had done with a live baby? kept her hidden in the room? ahh no ..So to me it seems awful convenient the baby was "stillborn".

I don't know about what the Jury may do. They may believe she was very naïve and scared.

We know what she did with a live baby, IMO. She killed it. I just wish there was some way to prove it. I don't think the prosecution has met their burden of proof.

Thank you! I appreciate the explanation.

We know what she did with a live baby, IMO. She killed it. I just wish there was some way to prove it. I don't think the prosecution has met their burden of proof.

They don't have to have a smoking gun. Her own words and texts and the fact that she did not want anyone to know about her pregnancy plus the fact that she deleted a lot of texts and photos shows to me that she is guilty of what she is being charged with. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean