OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in shallow grave, Carlisle, 7 May 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering this, too. It seems a lot of people have jumped to the conclusion that Skylar was a notorious liar. I think I read maybe she lied about her boyfriend... but that was it. Many teens hide having sex from their parents, so I doubt that's it.

Her parents said during the video that she lied so much they didn't know what to believe. Other than that I'm making an assumption. Her demeanor during the interview (the little I saw) seemed manipulative to me. She looks to me like someone who knows how to act like a scared little girl to get out of trouble. "You're not MAD at me daddy, are you? You BELIEVE me mommy, right?"

But unlike others I think the roots of that behavior often stem from familial dysfunction and I certainly see that here. .

Skylar:
"Imma start weighing myself every week and getting serious about this like I'm about to be so boss looking."

Mom:
"I COULDN'T BE PROUDER."

Me:
I think it's time to lay to rest the thought that her mother was a good, supportive parent, that she took care of her child, that she was more concerned with mental health and physical well being than appearance, that she wasn't activiely encouraging an eating disorder and that she was the victim of a manipulative child.

This is a very sick family, IMO.
JMO... but I am pondering the thought that her Mom also has some kind of ED.

After all the interrogation videos, I'm most baffled with BSR sticking to her story that she DID NOT cut the umbilical cord.

In her responses, it's like her baby was born without one! She finally referenced the cord in today's video replay, and how maybe it was around the baby's neck. (I recall when dad asked the same at first interrogation, her response was firmly No).

Did she really have a lotus birth? Maybe BSR left the baby inside the toilet until placenta expelled.

While I don't believe there's any truth to alleged burning or attempts to cremate baby, if not drowned in toilet, I do think it's plausible BSR smothered baby squeezing baby tight to her chest to also prevent her from making any sound.

Or maybe she used the plastic bag that she later collected the towels in to throw away far from home.

Lastly, the defense wants us to believe that BSR did not make any preparations for the birth of baby, or tell her parents about pregnancy -- because she believed (as of April 26, 2017 appointment) that she still had 10 weeks.

Most ridiculous statement of the entire trial! If my math correct - that would place delivery at end of September, and not even BSR so gullible to believe pregnancy lasts 13 months!

MOO

Last edited:
Her parents said during the video that she lied so much they didn't know what to believe. Other than that I'm making an assumption. Her demeanor during the interview (the little I saw) seemed manipulative to me. She looks to me like someone who knows how to act like a scared little girl to get out of trouble. "You're not MAD at me daddy, are you? You BELIEVE me mommy, right?"

But unlike others I think the roots of that behavior often stem from familial dysfunction and I certainly see that here. .

IMO the little girl thing isn't about Skylar being manipulative, but because her mother deliberately infantalized her, one part of her control tool kit.

One example: Skylar, age 18, college bound, is told by Kim that she is to go get a script for BC pills. And that Kim is going with her, and will be out in the waiting room to offer her "support." And that Kim feels "sick" her 18 year old daughter must have her first pelvic exam, but that she'll just have to endure a pelvic exam to get those bc pills.

Kim doesn't find it the slightest bit odd or curious that Skylar keeps telling her how scared she is to go. Please don't make me go, Mommy.

If Kim was displeased by Skylar expressing fear, Kim would have put an end to Skylar expressing fear.

I wonder if any of BSR's close female friends (or their mothers) ever suspected Skylar might be pregnant. None of her teachers suspected? Cheer coach? No one at all?

I definitely recall reading other mother's suspected BSR pregnant, and how friends acknowledged avoiding the subject mainly because of her well known battle with eating disorders.

(I believe this was in MSM that talked about BSR asking friends at prom if she looked fat).

JMO... but I am pondering the thought that her Mom also has some kind of ED.

That thought has crossed my mind as well... Mom seems VERY invested in the whole "lose weight FAST, look fabulous (not feel, but look), everyone will notice, etc." It's like she is talking about herself and reiterating the message over and over that as long as you LOOK perfect, everything will BE perfect for all the world to see, and that's ALL that matters. No mention whatsoever of actually being healthy inside and out, nor any encouragement to look any further for anything that is more than skin deep. Literally.

O/T but isn't it odd for prom to be held on a Friday night (May 5, 2017)?

IMO the little girl thing isn't about Skylar being manipulative, but because her mother deliberately infantalized her, one part of her control tool kit.

One example: Skylar, age 18, college bound, is told by Kim that she is to go get a script for BC pills. And that Kim is going with her, and will be out in the waiting room to offer her "support." And that Kim feels "sick" her 18 year old daughter must have her first pelvic exam, but that she'll just have to endure a pelvic exam to get those bc pills.

Kim doesn't find it the slightest bit odd or curious that Skylar keeps telling her how scared she is to go. Please don't make me go, Mommy.

If Kim was displeased by Skylar expressing fear, Kim would have put an end to Skylar expressing fear.

That's the way I interpreted Skylar's behavior/voice/replies, as well. ITA. Mom has a helluva control tool kit and used those tools well for 18 yrs

I disagree that BSR was not manipulative in her relationships.

She never had the pelvic exam (refused) - and never intended to.

She manipulated doctor to give her script because she needed it to avoid her mom questioning her.

She manipulated mom with the script-- her ammunition to get mom to stop questioning her.

Even after mom received email from clinic stating "pt [patient] pregnant," she convinced her it was a mistake!

And Brandon had to have been the recipient of 5 months of major love bombing and manipulation not to question anything about BSR. I bet his mom was one of the mother's that questioned her son about BSR looking pregnant!

I also thought BSR looked like a zombie today during Brandon's testimony, no emotion, nothing....

MOO

Last edited:
I'm very glad transcripts were provided to the jury. I watched the interview, and now I've just read the entire transcript. What leaps out in the transcript more than watching the video did (for me, anyway), is that she never said she killed her baby.

In fact, she essentially told LE the same thing she did during her first interview. LE kept telling her they didn't want to put words in her mouth, but that's exactly what happened. Cremate-their word, not hers Gurgle- their word, not hers.

More to the point. She kept trying to give them the "right" answer: " maybe she was alive, yes, she might have gurgled. Once. When she was still in the toilet."" But she also said again and again and again, up to the end and in various ways, that she didn't think her baby was born alive. That she didn't see or feel a heart beat.

She was also clear she didn't cut the umbilical cord, and that she didn't remember ever seeing the cord attached to her baby.

Yes, she said she squeezed her baby tight and that may have killed her. And yes, she said she didn't think her baby had a heart beat when she first picked her up.

That's a confession?

For those who believe Skylar chose to kill her baby and then did, and that afterwards she did in fact try to burn her baby (but decided after murdering her that it would be "wrong" to burn her), the fact she immediately told her waiting parents that she had "tried to cremate (her baby) a little bit" isn't remarkable.

I don't believe Skylar knowingly killed her baby. I'm not convinced the baby was born alive, and I'm very sure she never tried to burn her baby. How completely disorienting and shattering it must have felt to her, the fact that these people speaking so sweetly to her and holding her hand believed.......no, "KNEW" she was capable of murdering then burning her own baby.

Imo, it is unbearably sad & awful that she told her parents she'd tried to burn her baby.
I stopped believing anything she said after she was asked about the fire. Just completely a false confession, in my opinion. JMO

Does anyone think it's possible that the mother suspected BSR was pregnant, but thought/assumed she was earlier in the pregnancy (i.e. the baby was Brandon's)? I find it difficult to believe, especially after reading the text messages, that the mother was not aware (or at least very strongly suspicious) of the pregnancy. And her text about how BSR could go to Planned Parenthood, but her doctor is a surgeon, and she is sick about it but "I have to do what is best for ur future so U will have one" makes it sound like her mother thought she would be having an abortion. Obviously she would have been way past the time where that would have been possible with the actual conception date, but maybe her mother assumed she had not become sexually active until she began to get serious with Brandon, and thought the "tummy" was a much earlier pregnancy? Then thought/assumed that BSR had an abortion, and that's why her "tummy" went away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech