OH OH - ANTHONY SOWELL, 11 bodies unearthed at his Cleveland home, 2007-09 *dies in prison 2021*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Cleveland Police Lt. Thomas Stacho tells 19 Action News that the City of Cleveland worked to clear debris from the yard in advance of an FBI assisted search of the property.
As a precaution, the property immediately west of Anthony Sowell's residence is being searched for possible remains or evidence in connection with the discovery of eleven bodies found in Sowell's home and yard last week.
After city crews clear the yard of debris, FBI technicians will deploy a thermal imaging camera to search the ground for any evidence. Detectives from Cleveland's Homicide and Crime Scene Units will be assisting.
http://www.woio.com/Global/story.asp?S=11483823

Thanks fran, stoshie and everyone for posting articles and keeping the rest of us updated. Really appreciate it!

ISSUES w/ JVM is discussing this story right now..........
thermo imaging equipment for back yard........
now neighbors say the smell is worse than ever.
So now they are in the house next door!

SOWELL was , is a VIOLENT RSO, and LE never checked inside the house.
Mayor of Cleveland's neice did drugs with this guy???
I hope I heard that correct!

House next door was being renovated.......vacant???

There are a lot of vacant homes in the area. Cleveland was hit pretty hard in the housing crisis. The area of town is very depressed with a lot of people unable to find jobs.

Leshanda Long, 25, of Denison Avenue in Cleveland.

more here

http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=125186

Denison Avenue is on the other side of Cleveland. Nowhere near Sowell's house. This is close to where Amanda Berry and Gina DeJesus disappeared from.
One of his other victims lived in Lakewood. This is also on the other end of town. She was known to frequent Sowell's neighborhood.
I wonder if Leshanda was known to hang in the area. She was also not reported missing this time.

They are bringing back the bulldozers and are going to use the special lighting,cant think of the name like infrared.Many of the houses in that area are boarded up because of drugs.Denison Ave. is no better.That street improves a bit as you go out farther.try.....newsnet5.com I was without a phone line so no posting.Complete withdrawl.:crazy:

I agree Fran. This is already an impovorished area, and with the economy it would be worse. Plus, some of the families may have already done their grieving. Some of the women have been missing for years, the families haven't known if they were missing or dead, but they knew the woman's lifestyle would have had something to do with it. So they grieved before there was a body, then they tried to move on. Now they know, they have their answers, but have to make choices between honoring the woman who in some ways had left them when she began the lifestyle that included drugs/alcohol, and the choice of caring for the ones who are still with them.[/Q

---------------
Impoverished isnt the word for it. They live on welfare, few work.I feel sooo sorry for the ones trying to better themselves.They have a rough road to hoe. I am sure the City of Cleveland will help some,there are many city owned cemeteries.Also Funeral homes could offer as you said a plain cremation.I do feel for these poor people.

They are bringing back the bulldozers and are going to use the special lighting,cant think of the name like infrared.Many of the houses in that area are boarded up because of drugs.Denison Ave. is no better.That street improves a bit as you go out farther.try.....newsnet5.com I was without a phone line so no posting.Complete withdrawl.:crazy:

Yes, Denison is pretty rough. I used to live not too far from there. There are not very many places in the city of Cleveland that I feel safe in anymore.

Denison Avenue is on the other side of Cleveland. Nowhere near Sowell's house. This is close to where Amanda Berry and Gina DeJesus disappeared from.
One of his other victims lived in Lakewood. This is also on the other end of town. She was known to frequent Sowell's neighborhood.
I wonder if Leshanda was known to hang in the area. She was also not reported missing this time.

BBM

Maybe this is why they haven't found the body that belongs to the skull. The article said it was only Leshanda's skull that they had to identify her with. Not to be gruesome, but he may have killed her in another part of town and brought a part of her back home with him...

BBM

Maybe this is why they haven't found the body that belongs to the skull. The article said it was only Leshanda's skull that they had to identify her with. Not to be gruesome, but he may have killed her in another part of town and brought a part of her back home with him...

This gal identified was the skull. I wonder the same.

Here is another article with funerals listed. The families are starting to claim the bodies...

http://www.woio.com/Global/story.asp?S=11486263

Father of Leshanda Long speaks

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The father of the tenth victim found in Anthony Sowell’s house says his daughter was a loving mother who didn’t deserve to die in such a heinous manner.

Jim Allen learned Wednesday night that his 25-year-old daughter, Leshanda Long, was found dead in Sowell’s home on Imperial Avenue.

"I loved her," Allen said. "I am sorry that these things happened. Everybody needs to mourn and grieve. This is a big pill to swallow."

more at link....

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2009/11/father_of_leshanda_long_speaks.html

R.I.P. Leshanda :rose:

Mayor's Niece Lived With Alleged "Cleveland Strangler" Anthony Sowell and Rotting Bodies

The mayor had been facing mounting public pressure over Cleveland police's failure to uncover Sowell's alleged "house of horrors" even though local women had gone missing since the convicted sex offender's release from jail and the neighborhood smelled of rotting flesh.

But recently his reflections were personal. "My niece would probably fit the same profile of many victims," Jackson told reports. "So she is fortunate, very fortunate."

more at link...

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/11/11/crimesider/entry5616478.shtml

BBM

Can you imagine the fellow next you on the city bus with a decapitated head in a bag on his lap.

Lord, sometimes I hate humans...

BBM

Reminds me of Jeffrey Dahmer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adharkness68
Back