OH OH-Athens Co, MultMale, UP124617, Found in Hocking River by tubers, Jun '24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

phantomstrider

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Date Body Found June 2, 2024
Location Found Athens, Ohio
ME/C Case Number 24-2706
Biological Sex Male
Race/Ethnicity White/Caucasian, Uncertain
Estimated Age Group Adult
Height Cannot Estimate
Weight Cannot Estimate
Location Athens, Ohio
County Athens County
Found On Tribal Land No
Circumstances of Recovery On June 2, 2024, the John Doe was found in the Hocking River by tubers.
Inventory of Remains All parts recovered
Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Hair Color Unknown
Left Eye Color Unknown
Right Eye Color Unknown
Accessories
Black pocket knife
On the Body

Accessories
Black pencil sharpener
On the Body

Clothing
Wrangler Straight Fit jeans, size 32 X 32
On the Body

Clothing
Carhart sock
On the Body

Clothing
Dickies sock
On the Body

Clothing
Projek Raw, black Hoodie (size L)
On the Body

Footwear
Timberland boots
On the Body

Projek Raw is a mid-price brand sold at Tip Top Tailors, Simons, The Bay, George Richards, on Amazon, etc (I'm sure many american stores as well but im getting canadian results). Both Carhart and Timberland are moderately expensive brands imo that I wouldn't expect one to find easily at a secondhand store.
Extrapolating from his size 32 x 32 jeans, I would guess he was a pretty thin guy; it's hard to estimate height because who knows how well the jeans fit him. I'm surprised the anthropologist hasnt given an estimated height; all parts recovered, right?

Projek Raw is a mid-price brand sold at Tip Top Tailors, Simons, The Bay, George Richards, on Amazon, etc (I'm sure many american stores as well but im getting canadian results). Both Carhart and Timberland are moderately expensive brands imo that I wouldn't expect one to find easily at a secondhand store.
Extrapolating from his size 32 x 32 jeans, I would guess he was a pretty thin guy; it's hard to estimate height because who knows how well the jeans fit him. I'm surprised the anthropologist hasnt given an estimated height; all parts recovered, right?
The two different brands of socks sounded to me like he could be homeless or unhoused or whatever the term is. (no disrespect meant)

The unhoused in Ohio often wear 2 layers of socks from the fall through mid spring, well, 2 layers of about everything. For one, they don't want their stuff stolen. Also, I'm a bit of a thrift store enthusiast. It's not super uncommon to find Carhartt and Timberland, but they can be rather pricey, even there.

The pencil sharpener. Maybe a day laborer carpenter? Were the Timberlands steel toed by chance?
amoo

Not many clues to this one. :(

The two different brands of socks sounded to me like he could be homeless or unhoused or whatever the term is. (no disrespect meant)

The unhoused in Ohio often wear 2 layers of socks from the fall through mid spring, well, 2 layers of about everything. For one, they don't want their stuff stolen. Also, I'm a bit of a thrift store enthusiast. It's not super uncommon to find Carhartt and Timberland, but they can be rather pricey, even there.

The pencil sharpener. Maybe a day laborer carpenter? Were the Timberlands steel toed by chance?
amoo

Not many clues to this one. :(
true! pencil sharpener + pocket knife sounds like a laborer to me.
I totally missed the bit about the mismatched socks (I think both homeless and unhoused are totally fine terms)! agreed that he may be homeless. that being said, i just looked down and i too are wearing mismatched socks o_O

Athens, Ohio is a college town with a large international population, far more students than permanent residents I believe. Because of this student population from across the US and worldwide, you may find a wider variety of donated clothing than might be expected as people may donate or throw away rather than move things.
Therefore I think the possible locations where stuff could have been bought is a red herring in this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr
Back