GUILTY OH - Barbara Weaver, 30, murdered in her Apple Creek home, 2 June 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks Nurse.

I am gobsmacked at this new info. Boy, now that LE knows he had access to and used the internet, sh*^ will hit the fan even more I think. How many more woman were there? How many others did he share with that he wanted his wife dead? It almost sounds like he was soliciting for someone to take him up on it and do the deed. It appears that BR decided to do it.

MiGod, his poor wife and children. God rest her soul. Those children have lost both parents in one fell swoop. I pray they have family who will give them the emotional support and loving arms they will need.

What a tragedy. :(

I wonder if his wife confided in anyone about the problems in their marriage. Even if she did, would that person come forward, if they were Amish?

I couldn't find anything when I searched his online nics. Anyone else?

Thanks Nurse.

I am gobsmacked at this new info. Boy, now that LE knows he had access to and used the internet, sh*^ will hit the fan even more I think. How many more woman were there? How many others did he share with that he wanted his wife dead? It almost sounds like he was soliciting for someone to take him up on it and do the deed. It appears that BR decided to do it.

MiGod, his poor wife and children. God rest her soul. Those children have lost both parents in one fell swoop. I pray they have family who will give them the emotional support and loving arms they will need.

What a tragedy. :(
one thing to be thankful for... the children are Amish. The community will enfold them.. It won't make up for the loss of their mother but their inner~community support has awed me my entire life.

I wonder if his wife confided in anyone about the problems in their marriage. Even if she did, would that person come forward, if they were Amish?

I couldn't find anything when I searched his online nics. Anyone else?

I couldn't find anything that seemed to associate to him either.

What a scar this will have on them poor babies.Dad having something to do with moms death and me as a christian i know how important forgiveness is,But after the school murders in the Amish community the people were forgiving right to the media as the bodies were being hauled out.I know i am wrong for saying this but these babies will be forced into forgiving right away and i would have to vent first.Dont bash me for my thoughts its IMOO

Somehow this new news doesn't really surprise me. You can tell by looking at him what a *#&%&#$ he is! This is one time I hope the Amish ARE successful at limiting what the kids hear from the press, though. Also, the poor kids of the woman that shot the mom........I can't imagine what they are going through.

Maybe it's because I live near them (Amish in general, not these folks), but it's just so hard for me to imagine an Amish man in the throes of passion -- having an affair, etc. Amish in general are very stoic, even at times with their own families (take, for instance, all the mystery that surrounds who is courting who, not known until 2 weeks before the wedding, when they are published). I mean, I know the guy is only human, but I just can't see this as some type of love affair. But I guess we all have needs, and we can all suffer from self-esteem issues, and maybe Mae is right...maybe the other woman just had the right words to say to him, or vise versa, but, again, I can't wrap my head around a 29 year old Amish man flirting with an outsider....much less his wife.

Hi Oh_GAL, They seem to father lots of babies.

Sometimes guys you think wouldn't be very sexual can be very into it.

And it might be there is a religious connotation to procreation and multiplying on earth for some religious men like this. They might interpret their role on earth as a most important one! IMO, don't really know.

Edited as I learned much more reading the last 2 pages ;}

One never knows what really goes on in another person's mind. Whether they are Amish, Jewish, Catholic, Black, White, Man, Woman, etc. How many times after a horrific crime has been committed have we heard "he was such a great neighbor, he was so quiet, she was so sweet, they were a loving family, they seemed to be a perfect couple", etc.

Ugghhh.

And it might be there is a religious connotation to procreation and multiplying on earth for some religious men like this. They might interpret their role on earth as a most important one! IMO, don't really know.

Of course, they also do not believe in any form of birth control. God will give them what/who they are supposed to have.

Oh, I'm sure they know the "mechanics" of it and all...I just can't picture them as being carried away by carnal lust....but.....I guess Amish Stud proved me wrong!

That's what made me think she was former Amish or current Mennonite -- they don't use any makeup.

I think if she were wearing makeup she would still look about 60. I wonder if they are wrong about her age in the article.

Here's what I found but I don't know if they are the same guy:

amish guy with a computer - Community Introductions amish guy with a computer - Community Introductions Community and Forum - Our ... katanashi. View Public Profile · Send a private message to katanashi ...
www.daniweb.com/forums/thread34157.html - Cached - Similar

MPC Forums - View Profile: An Amish Guy The largest MultiPlayer Cheating Site in the world!
www.mpcforum.com/member.php?u=677952 - Cached - Similar

View Profile: Amish Guy Amish Guy is a in the Mihav.com. View Amish Guy. ... Amish Guy's Profile ... Total Posts: 1; Posts Per Day: 0.00; Find all posts by Amish Guy ...
www.mihav.com/en/forum/members/2994.html - Cached - Similar

Paintball Forums - View Profile: Amish Guy Paintball forums. Discuss paintballing with other players on the message board. Discussion of paint ball guns, gear, tactics, fields and all other topics.
www.pbreview.com/forums/member.php?u=32581 - Cached - Similar

1-800-CARSHOW Forum - View Profile: Amish Guy 1-800-CARSHOW is the leading auto forum. Call us to get the best car deal guaranteed.
forum.1800carshow.com/member.php?u=60580 - Cached - Similar

Why is anyone surprised that an Amish man would have lust? They're human and they're men...lol.

Why is anyone surprised that an Amish man would have lust? They're human and they're men...lol.

I don't know...maybe it's due to living near them and observing them.
But, you know what they say...still waters run deep. :)

Well, he couldn't have hated his wife that much....they DID have 5 children together.

As for the cell phone use, we see lots of Amish people at our local Alltel store. When I mentioned it to our sales person, he said, "Oh, they all have cell phones. As long as they have their own business (cleaning houses, being a nanny, roofing, carpentry, etc.) they can have a cell phone. They are allowed to use one, if it is for "business" purposes. "

It doesn't surprise me that he had a cell phone. I had no idea, though, that you could access online chats through them. (Now I sound like my mother!)

Amish guy....Amish stud....give me a break. He didn't look very studly to me in his mug shot.

Many phones now are mini computers. I can access and post on WS from mine just like I do from a computer. Pretty soon the wallet will go by the wayside like watches have. All your banking info like debit and credit cards to pay for purchases through bluetooth, drivers license, pictures, music will be stored in a phone password protected. Which is more secure IMO than a wallet that a thief has access to unprotected. Sorry for rambling on. lol

ITA about the mugshot...ewww.

Here's what I found but I don't know if they are the same guy:

amish guy with a computer - Community Introductions amish guy with a computer - Community Introductions Community and Forum - Our ... katanashi. View Public Profile · Send a private message to katanashi ...
www.daniweb.com/forums/thread34157.html - Cached - Similar

MPC Forums - View Profile: An Amish Guy The largest MultiPlayer Cheating Site in the world!
www.mpcforum.com/member.php?u=677952 - Cached - Similar

View Profile: Amish Guy Amish Guy is a in the Mihav.com. View Amish Guy. ... Amish Guy's Profile ... Total Posts: 1; Posts Per Day: 0.00; Find all posts by Amish Guy ...
www.mihav.com/en/forum/members/2994.html - Cached - Similar

Paintball Forums - View Profile: Amish Guy Paintball forums. Discuss paintballing with other players on the message board. Discussion of paint ball guns, gear, tactics, fields and all other topics.
www.pbreview.com/forums/member.php?u=32581 - Cached - Similar

1-800-CARSHOW Forum - View Profile: Amish Guy 1-800-CARSHOW is the leading auto forum. Call us to get the best car deal guaranteed.
forum.1800carshow.com/member.php?u=60580 - Cached - Similar

It appears they have not had any activity for a year or more...wish I knew the site he was posting on!

Problem is - there are only a certain amount of families that comprise the Amish community. Even though they keep books and trace genealogies, there are still only X number of families in the community. Therefore, whether books are kept or not, I believe the bloodlines are very crossed and almost everyone is related is one way or another, no matter how distantly they may appear to be related. With new blood in the community almost non-existent, there is no way they aren't all carrying the same bloodlines in one way or another.

This is just my opinion and I could be wrong.

The number isn't all that small and the communities aren't just in Ohio or PA anymore. Regardless, I can only say that's not what I found although things may have changed...

With the arrests and details that have come out the last couple of days, I can only say that I'm shocked. I wouldn't have been nearly as surprised if just the husband had been arrested, but the woman and the rest of it = :eek:

My heart goes out to the children, and I hope they will find comfort and healing with the help of their family and the community... :rose:

ETA: I continue to have the utmost respect for the Amish people and community and extend my prayers to them as well as the children and immediate family.

From September 2009:

http://www.timesreporter.com/article/20090924/NEWS/309249767

Eli D. Weaver, 29, who worked with another woman to plan and facilitate the murder of his wife, was sentenced to 15 years to life in prison Wednesday morning...

Weaver pleaded guilty Aug. 17 to complicity to commit murder. Part of his plea deal was to testify against Barbara Raber, who was convicted of aggravated murder on Tuesday.

From October 2009:

http://www.timesreporter.com/article/20091001/News/310019834

Barbara Raber of Millersburg was sentenced to 23 years to life in prison for her role in the June murder of a Maysville woman.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbelle
Back