OH OH - Beverly Potts, 10, Cleveland, 24 Aug 1951

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And as indicated up thread, there are serious questions as to whether the information Patsy *has* given is entirely truthful.

Although Anita's daughter says her mother never spoke much about this to her, I am glad that Anita appeared on the video and talked about the events of Beverly's disappearance.

Although Anita's daughter says her mother never spoke much about this to her, I am glad that Anita appeared on the video and talked about the events of Beverly's disappearance.
I was glad to see her also. I hope she continues the quest for "Justice for Beverly"

Welcome to WS, amber1.

I got my copy of the Beverly Potts book, Twilight of Innocence by James Badal, on amazon.com

I've just starting reading the book after reading about the 64th aniversary of her disappearance. So far it is very good!

I've just starting reading the book after reading about the 64th aniversary of her disappearance. So far it is very good!

If you are like me, you will refer back to that book many, many times in the years to come.

Based on the recent reports of possible new evidence, you hope there may be a revised edition with some added chapters in the future.

How amazing to have new evidence after so long. I hope this case can be solved sometime in the near future

I wish they would release something anything regarding these tips

I do, too, but even though the disappearance happened 64 years ago, current information in the form of tips is probably considered "under investigation" and not something to be released.

I get the feeling that after more than 64 years, Beverly's killer(s) are probably beneath a tombstone or are scattered ashes. The chances of them still being alive are slim and getting slimmer.

I get the feeling that after more than 64 years, Beverly's killer(s) are probably beneath a tombstone or are scattered ashes. The chances of them still being alive are slim and getting slimmer.

Still, it would be nice to learn what happened to Beverly.

Right I agree. Maybe they know who the killers are and don't want to accuse a dead person without being certain.

http://fox8.com/2015/09/28/investig...eads-in-1951-disappearance-of-cleveland-girl/

"Cleveland police detectives , with the help of Crime Stoppers, have recently received new information on the Beverly Potts missing person case. The 10-year-old went missing in 1951.

Police searched an area off of Martin Luther King Blvd, and another location near the Cleveland Hopkins International Airport.

No evidence was found during the search, but police are continuing to follow up on additional leads."

I've always found it interesting that while Patsy advised she last saw Beverly at the park as she (Patsy) was leaving. However, a witness advised they saw Patsy and Beverly in a not-so-friendly discussion later on at the street corner near the park.

I've never read this anywhere. Where is this stated? Even is something happened between the 2 girls how would a young girl hide a body?

Bumping for Beverly. Really hoping something comes from these new tips!

Some thoughts on the 2000 letters from the elderly dying man. He gave some clues about himself that I think are worth exploring. It may be fruitless but I may start looking into it. He claimed he lived near Linnet ave in 1951 and was approaching 82 years old then in 2000. That would mean he was born in or around 1918 and would've been around 33 years old in 1951. Then he more than likely died in 2000 or right after (maybe 2001 or 2002). I also think he would've died in or around the Cleveland area if he was going to meet the cops at Halloran park to turn himself in (I know I'm going on the assumption he was telling the truth in the letters) so he probably died in the city of Cleveland or near there.

I wonder how many men fit those parameters?

All MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone done ground pent rating radar near the corner of Linnett and between where the coin/gold shop and the laundry sit currently? Across from the park?

I suspect that in 1951, it would have been hard to get too far with a child who was possibly not going with a person willingly without making a scene. Are there houses that have been torn down there and paved over yards?

I've never read this anywhere. Where is this stated? Even is something happened between the 2 girls how would a young girl hide a body?

I suspect killer might have been a younger guy then, likely why he could get her away. Maybe someone who seemed non threatening. Teen. Maybe early 20s. Older brother/cousin of a neighbor or a teacher/religiously affilitated fella. Chances are getting slim, for sure, but let's never give up hope. Stranger things have happened.

Please excuse my not responding earlier to questions regarding the last time that Beverly and Patsy were together. My information is taken from "Twilight of Innocence" 2005 softcover edition.

On page 31 of that book, Patsy Swing indicated to authorities that she last saw Beverly at Halloran Park as she (Patsy) left to go home. However on page 35, Carol Katrenick, a 13-year old, told police that she was looking at the intersection of West 177th Street and Linnet Avenue. She said she saw Patsy heading home and then saw Beverly run up to her and the two girls exchanged words. This "sighting" was later rejected by Patsy.

I merely wrote this to show there was a difference in what police were told about the last time the two girls were together. I have never indicated that Patsy may have been responsible for what happened to Beverly.

I don't understand why they took Patsy's word. She never helped LE until the day they used her as a bait.
I tend to believe the newspaper boy. I do think he saw Beverly walking towards home. Maybe some neighbor saw her and Patsy earlier when they went home to return their bikes and go back to the park. Maybe he waited until night time for Beverly's walk back home and lured her into a home. Or maybe he was parked on her street and got her into his car and drove away. Remember her street was completely dark at that time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!
Back