OH OH - Beverly Potts, 10, Cleveland, 24 Aug 1951

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thinking of the 53rd anniversary of Beverly. I can never forget her. Praying we will find answers.

Thinking of the 53rd anniversary of Beverly. I can never forget her. Praying we will find answers.

Just finihed the book "Twilight of Innocence", weird timing as I didn't realize It was almost the anniversary. It sounds like they had a few viable suspects over the years but maybe the police work was lacking.

Sad story.

Very sad. I have always believed she is still somewhere in that neighborhood, not far from where she as last seen. So close, yet so far. I'm sad to say, I feel her disappearance is one for the books.

Would anyone support the creation of a Disappearance of Beverly Potts article for Wikipedia?

Patsy Swing must have a lot of pain from the loss of her best friend Beverly. She's probably haunted by the fact that it could so easily have been her that disappeared that night instead of Beverly

While the last chapter in the Beverly Potts saga will end when Patsy Swing dies, the book will not be closed until Beverly's body is found.

What worries me is the possibility that Beverly was kidnapped by an Albert Fish-type that turned her into a real life version of what the aliens wanted to do to the humans in the Twilight Zone episode “To Serve Man”.

Would a girl purportedly as shy and timid around people as Beverley really have stayed out after-dark surrounded by strangers?

Would a girl purportedly as shy and timid around people as Beverley really have stayed out after-dark surrounded by strangers?

In the book, "Twilight of Innocence", it is indicated that Beverly had been given permission by her parents to stay until the end of the show at Halloran Park which made it after sunset. Although there was a large crowd at the park, certainly not all of them were strangers to her. It was not a "carnival" but a locally-sponsored show wagon where local people performed songs and dances. It was also a five-to-seven minute walk from her home.

In the book, "Twilight of Innocence", it is indicated that Beverly had been given permission by her parents to stay until the end of the show at Halloran Park which made it after sunset. Although there was a large crowd at the park, certainly not all of them were strangers to her. It was not a "carnival" but a locally-sponsored show wagon where local people performed songs and dances. It was also a five-to-seven minute walk from her home.

Thanks, Cincinnati Kid. I guess what I'm getting at is that when we lose someone we sometimes create an idealized image of that person. In this case, it's been argued that Beverly couldn't have been abducted by a stranger because she was apparently shy and distrustful around people she didn't know. But even if this was a local event, it's not as if everyone there was well known to her, and I'm sure there must've been a fair share of itinerants in the area, too, who might've gone along.

Comments and theories on this case are always good to see. A person (or in this case a young girl) may be leery of those they do not know, but that unfortunately does not prevent them from being abducted by someone jumping out of a vehicle, hiding behind an object or being overpowered by several people. However, I don't believe anything like this happened to Beverly. In reading about this case and even having the opportunity to visit Halloran Park and take the walk from there to where her house still stands, I think it was a person that she knew well who is responsible for her disappearance and, likely, her death.

But the timing.... how could they have know that Beverly would be alone and vulnerable... maybe they saw Patsy Swing come home alone and decided to lie in wait for Beverly? But then Patsy was alone, so why wasn't she taken, if it was a local pervert?

Please understand, I feel the the person responsible was someone Beverly knew well. I don't believe an abduction or physical harm was planned, but what was going to be a short exchange between that person and Beverly quickly wound up turning deadly.

Please understand, I feel the the person responsible was someone Beverly knew well. I don't believe an abduction or physical harm was planned, but what was going to be a short exchange between that person and Beverly quickly wound up turning deadly.

Maybe a local teenager, even someone as young as 12 or 13?

Personally I think if it was a younger person they would need help with concealment.

I've not heard of any in reports on this matter. It does seem that law enforcement was looking at possible suspects who were older.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double
Back