OH OH - Beverly Potts, 10, Cleveland, 24 Aug 1951

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I really think she's at patsy's (although I do not think Patsy had anything to do with it). At that late, most kids are in the bath and headed to bed but older siblings would be up. I just get a really funny feeling, call it "mothers instinct" I guess. Stranger abductions are a rarity - it's typically someone related or otherwise very familiar and given her nervousness with strangers ... it sorta spells things out rather clearly.

It might be remembered that this happened on a Friday night and school was still a couple of weeks from starting (remember when school didn't used to begin until after Labor Day?) so it's possible that Patsy was still up. Although she had to be home before it got dark that night, Patsy was a year older than Beverly.

The Potts' family resided at 11304 Linnet Avenue. The aerial photo attached to that last post appears to have been taken many years ago - perhaps around the time of Beverly's disappearance.

I really think she's at patsy's (although I do not think Patsy had anything to do with it). At that late, most kids are in the bath and headed to bed but older siblings would be up. I just get a really funny feeling, call it "mothers instinct" I guess. Stranger abductions are a rarity - it's typically someone related or otherwise very familiar and given her nervousness with strangers ... it sorta spells things out rather clearly.

Wasn´t Beverley shy even to men that she knew?

A recorded interview with James Badal, the author of "Twilight of Innocence", the book on the disappearance of Beverly Potts, will be aired this Saturday, August 24th at 7:30 P.M. (EDT) on Ohio radio station WOBO. That interview may be heard via the station's streaming audio that may be secured by using the "Listen Live" block on its website of:

www.wobofm.com

This interview with the author was recorded at Halloran Park in suburban Cleveland where Beverly was last seen exactly 62 years ago as/of Saturday. The interview traces the story of Beverly's disappearace and the subsequent investigation that continues up to today.

Thinking of Beverly Potts today on the 62nd anniversary of her disappearance.

A recorded interview with James Badal, the author of "Twilight of Innocence", the book on the disappearance of Beverly Potts, will be aired this Saturday, August 24th at 7:30 P.M. (EDT) on Ohio radio station WOBO. That interview may be heard via the station's streaming audio that may be secured by using the "Listen Live" block on its website of:

www.wobofm.com

This interview with the author was recorded at Halloran Park in suburban Cleveland where Beverly was last seen exactly 62 years ago as/of Saturday. The interview traces the story of Beverly's disappearace and the subsequent investigation that continues up to today.

I cant find it. It should have been very intrressting to lissen.

In order to have heard the program, you would have had to go to the WOBO website that was listed on or about August 24th at 7:30 P.M. The show is/was unavailable following that.

Has anyone heard of the unsolved murder of 7 year-old Maria Ridulph? She was abducted walking home with her sister. An unknown man asked if she wanted a piggyback ride, then invited her to his home to see some dolls. She was murdered in IL on Dec 3, 1957, he body found 120 miles away from her home town. IN 2011, they exhumed her remains since they have a suspect: a previous neighbor, Jack McCollough, birth name John Tessier.
This story was on 48 Hours Mystery. He sure makes himself look guilty during the interviews. He also sexually abused his little sister growing up, and raped a different young girl before Maria's disappearance.
I have always thought Beverly's abductor was also a neighbor, probably just doors down from her own home. Does anyone know McCollough's whereabouts at the time of Beverly's disappearance?
http://abcnews.go.com/US/girls-body-exhumed-clues-1957-murder/story?id=14171541

This is such a sad sad story :'( Beautiful little girl, I hope you are found one day and buried next to your family.

I too believe it was probably someone from Beverly's own neighborhood. Last week I ordered the book about her disappearance and am waiting for it to arrive.

I too believe it was probably someone from Beverly's own neighborhood. Last week I ordered the book about her disappearance and am waiting for it to arrive.

I think you will enjoy the book. For something that happened so many years ago, there is quite a bit of information provided about the investigation. There are subsequent follow-ups indicating various events that have taken place in the investigation as well.

I think of Beverly often. I hope one day she will turn up.

Noting it was 53 years ago tonight that Beverly disappeared. Still looking for an answer to - what happened to her?

Poor Beverly. Nothing should go this long unsolved. What I find so sad about these old cases is that their loved ones passed away without knowing what happened.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AgentA
Back