GUILTY OH - Brenda Powell, 50, stabbed to death by daughter Sydney, Akron, Mar. 3, 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
they seem pretty helicopter-y to me, and i dont think quitting college was "acceptable" to her family (i get it - they spent tons of money and time on this) and that's part of why she flipped out so brutally and aggressively. i feel like sydney is the kind of person where even therapy wouldnt help her bc she'd just desperately try to manipulate the therapist.
What was weird to me was how she seemed to be able to manipulate a lot of folks, when she's such an obvious manipulator! Consider the games she played with not combing her hair, so she'd look crazy. Versus the mug shot where she has perfectly combed hair. And then the whole deal with the perfectly manicured black-talon fingernails (which she removed after nasty remarks on the internet).

Sydney reminds me of Jodi Arias: the method of the attack, the stab wounds and their location, chameleon qualities, the lies and manipulations, the "little girl-y" plays, how men get attached to her and women see right through her... The overstaying her welcome, never taking no for an answer...

Last edited:

In the past few months, attorneys on both sides have filed several briefs that outline their arguments about whether Powell should get a new trial. Oral arguments before the 9th district are scheduled for Aug. 20.

The 9th district normally takes several months to release its decision. If Powell doesn’t prevail, the case could be appealed to the Ohio Supreme Court.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Torontoperson
Back