GUILTY OH - Brian Michael Rini, charged with impersonating a long-missing child, Apr 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A federal judge has set a June 24 trial date for the 23-year-old man charged with impersonating a long-missing child.

U.S. District Judge Michael Barrett in Cincinnati scheduled pretrial conferences May 14 and June 13 in the case of Brian Michael Rini of Medina, Ohio.

Rini pleaded not guilty Friday to two counts of lying to federal agents and one of aggravated identity theft. The false statements charges carry possible sentences of up to eight years in prison and the ID theft would mean at least two years with conviction. Rini is being held without bond.

Trial date set for man in missing child hoax

No. He can get psychiatric help in prison.

I’m a mental health therapist at a county jail.

8 years will be a more consistent time to get meds and things started instead of just treating him for a year or two while he’s in and then he get off them when he gets out.

CINCINNATI — A federal judge will hear next week whether a plea deal has been reached in the case of a 24-year-old man authorities say claimed to be a long-missing child.

U.S. District Judge Michael Barrett has a Jan. 8 status conference set in the case of Brian Michael Rini, of Medina, Ohio. Barrett postponed a June trial after questions were raised about Rini’s mental state, but on Oct. 31 he found him competent to stand trial.

Man arrested after claiming to be missing child due in court - 660 NEWS

Court documents show Brian Rini will plead guilty to lying to federal agents Wednesday.

Man who pretended to be missing boy expected to plead guilty to lying to FBI
From the article:
Within hours of Rini appearing, Hamilton County Coroner Dr. Lakshmi Sammarco knew the ‘boy,’ who said he escaped from two kidnappers, was no boy at all.

‘I was sent the photograph...and I looked at it and I said, “I think you sent me the wrong photograph, 'cause there's no way this is the same kid,” said Dr. Sammarco. ‘And they said, “No, that's the photograph we have,” and I said, “This person's not 14. He looks 20-plus years old. Not 14.” And the hair is really different. His nose was very different than the photograph of Timmothy Pitzen, and then his ears were really different. There's a genetic difference in detached or attached earlobes. And, overall, he just looked like a completely different person.’

Rini, who has a criminal history, could face up to a decade behind bars. He said he pretended to be Pitzen after seeing the boy's story on TV. He told investigators he wished he had a father like Pitzen's.“ (BBM)
Just very sad for all involved (not trying to minimize Mr. Rini’s guilt in any way).

DEC 2, 2020
Final sentencing set for man who claimed to be missing Aurora boy | WGN-TV
A federal judge on Wednesday set final sentencing Dec. 15 for an Ohio man who falsely claimed to be a long-missing Illinois child.

U.S. District Judge Michael Barrett early this year told Brian Michael Rini, now 25, that he must serve two years behind bars but that the judge also wanted to see results of a presentencing investigation before officially entering his sentence. Court records show the deadline for the investigation has been extended repeatedly during the pandemic.

[...]

DEC 16, 2020
Ohio Man Who Claimed To Be Missing Aurora Boy Sentenced To 2 Years – CBS Chicago (cbslocal.com)
An Ohio man who falsely claimed to be a long-missing Aurora, Illinois child has been sentenced to serve two years behind bars and one year of probation for aggravated identity theft.

Twenty-five-year-old Brian Michael Rini apologized during the video hearing Tuesday, before U.S. District Judge Michael Barrett made his sentence official.

[...]

Rini gets credit for time served, so he will be released on probation in less than four months.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr
Back