GUILTY OH - Brian Michael Rini, charged with impersonating a long-missing child, Apr 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
These cases always bother me. It takes a ridiculously evil heart to do what this guy did. Rip open old wounds on a family like he did. Give them hope and tear it down. SAD!
Welcome to WS @mrz. 100% agree. Sofa king terrible, isn't it?!? I HOPE the renewed attention to Timothy's case brings new clues.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I love this place. So much great info from some great people trying to help folks they don't know. Reading back on Forums my first thoughts about this case are not good. I need to research more but I can't imagine a better platform to do so on.

Looking back at the past comments and articles I just can't wrap my head around the mom killing him. Even with the history of depression. Im leaning towards a knowing individual or individuals knowing this woman was hurting and wanted Timothy for themselves. Possibly made an arrangement with the mom to take the kid as she might have convinced them the child was in danger from the father?

just read that Timothys backpack and car seat were missing from her car after the suicide. Also she bought children clothes and some toys just before her death. Just a crazy story.
I'd like to read more on that as well. I truly don't believe she hurt him before she committed suicide. But then again, people shock me every day.

Looking back at the past comments and articles I just can't wrap my head around the mom killing him. Even with the history of depression. Im leaning towards a knowing individual or individuals knowing this woman was hurting and wanted Timothy for themselves. Possibly made an arrangement with the mom to take the kid as she might have convinced them the child was in danger from the father?

I lean toward this theory as well. Jmo

That would open up some more roads to go down. Can you find a link to that info?

No bond for man accused of impersonating missing Aurora child

A federal magistrate has ordered that a 23-year-old man charged with lying to federal agents about being a missing child from Illinois continue to be held without bond.

U.S. Magistrate Karen Litkovitz said Tuesday she considers Brian Michael Rini, of Medina, Ohio, a flight risk because of a long criminal history, mental health issues and lack of a permanent address. She scheduled a preliminary hearing for April 19.

No bond for man accused of impersonating missing Aurora child

Timmothy Pitzen's Devastated Dad Speaks Out After Missing Child Hoax: 'My Son Is Still Out There' (with clip)
Jim Pitzen isn't giving up his dream of a reunion with the son who disappeared at age 6 in 2011

April 09, 2019

"Dad Jim Pitzen had been down this road before. He knew he had to keep his perspective after hearing from a detective last Wednesday that someone claiming to be his son Timmothy, who vanished at age 6 in 2011, had been found.

But his heart leapt ahead of his head. Almost instantly, he began to imagine the days soon to come with the lost boy who now would be 14. Enrolling him in school. Teaching him to shave. Getting him started on driving lessons...."

Timmothy Pitzen's Devastated Dad Speaks Out After Missing Child Hoax: 'My Son Is Still Out There'

timmothy-3.jpg

(Jim Pitzen with his son Timmothy in 2007/ COURTESY JIM PITZEN)

The news of a man impersonating a child with Iowa ties echoes a case from nearly a century ago.

In June 1928, 12-year-old Arthur Hutchins Jr. ran away from the Marion house where he lived with his father and stepmother. Police picked up Arthur in DeKalb, Illinois. They asked the boy if he was Walter Collins.

Walter Collins was the son of Catherine Collins, a single mother from Los Angeles. Walter had been kidnapped about three months before Arthur ran away.

At first, Arthur denied he was Walter, but when he found out the missing boy was from Los Angeles, he pretended to be him in hopes of making it to Los Angeles and meeting his favorite actor, Western legend Tom Mix.

More at Another time someone impersonated a missing child that involved an Iowan

My hope is that if Timmothy is out there with another family, all the media interest generated by this situation will perhaps motivate him to come forward. It’s pretty difficult to keep a teenager off the internet these days. I’m pretty sure he remembers his name and mother considering he was 6 when he disappeared.

I am the owner/admin of a FB page dedicated to keeping the search for Timmothy alive. I make a point of not posting redundant or random media links, I do not engage the psychics or the press, & although I allow comments & encourage discussion/likes/shares I do not share my own personal thoughts & feelings about the case in that forum - for that, I have come here.... Mr. Rini is obviously a very troubled young man motivated by deceit & cruelty - I share the family's anger & disappointment, however I am hopeful that all the worldwide media attention garnered by this hoax will finally produce renewed interest, broadened search parameters, & a true break in the case - perhaps LE will finally investigate the Amish/Mennonite theory - who knows?

Things to consider - jmo.
Why did Amy choose to leave one water park in IL, just to go to ANOTHER water park in WI? The Ford Expedition was in for service just prior to Amy heading out on this excursion w/Timmothy - imo she anticipated making that drive, 300 miles up I94, which was under heavy construction at the time. The WI Dells are surrounded by tiny unincorporated towns with the largest Amish community in the area. We've seen footage of Amy & Timmothy checking out of the Kalahari resort, but none of the previous evening - where did they go for dinner? The clothes Amy purchased for Timmothy along the way were of muted colors, no character tee's, zippers, or buttons. The toys purchased were very basic - no batteries, bells, or whistles. Timmothy is out there somewhere, dead or alive, he needs to be found.

I am the owner/admin of a FB page dedicated to keeping the search for Timmothy alive. I make a point of not posting redundant or random media links, I do not engage the psychics or the press, & although I allow comments & encourage discussion/likes/shares I do not share my own personal thoughts & feelings about the case in that forum - for that, I have come here.... Mr. Rini is obviously a very troubled young man motivated by deceit & cruelty - I share the family's anger & disappointment, however I am hopeful that all the worldwide media attention garnered by this hoax will finally produce renewed interest, broadened search parameters, & a true break in the case - perhaps LE will finally investigate the Amish/Mennonite theory - who knows?

Why did Amy choose to leave one water park in IL, just to go to ANOTHER water park in WI? The Ford Expedition was in for service just prior to Amy heading out on this excursion w/Timmothy - imo she anticipated making that drive, 300 miles up I94, which was under heavy construction at the time. The WI Dells are surrounded by tiny unincorporated towns with the largest Amish community in the area. We've seen footage of Amy & Timmothy checking out of the Kalahari resort, but none of the previous evening - where did they go for dinner? The clothes Amy purchased for Timmothy along the way were of muted colors, no character tee's, zippers, or buttons. The toys purchased were very basic - no batteries, bells, or whistles. Timmothy is out there somewhere, dead or alive, he needs to be found.

Where would you start to look? It appears to be overwhelming.

Josh Brown - Wisconsin Amish

I would think if he was taken to an Amish community, that community would send him to another community out of State, especially if there was a lot of press in Wisconsin.

The best reason for her to visit two water parks is to meet up with potential families for Timmothy. Timmothy could play in the water while the new "family" could watch from beach chairs and evaluate him. They wouldn't look out of place as lots of parents would be looking into the mist of water for their kids.

I don't know if the other "family" would have to be local. In fact it makes more sense that they aren't, IMO.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE;
Thursday, April 18, 2019
“Ohio Man Who Allegedly Pretended to be Missing Illinois Boy Indicted by Grand Jury”

“CINCINNATI – An Ohio man who pretended to be a missing Illinois boy has been indicted by a grand jury with charges related to making false statements to federal agents and aggravated identity theft.

A federal grand jury here indicted Brian Michael Rini, 23, formerly of Medina, Ohio, yesterday. The indictment was filed this morning. Rini is scheduled for arraignment on the indictment at 1:30pm tomorrow before Magistrate Judge Karen L. Litkovitz.

[SBM]

Rini was charged by criminal complaint on April 6 with one count of making false statements. Today’s indictment includes two counts of making false statements and one count of aggravated identity theft.

[SBM]

DNA test results confirmed Rini’s identity. As a known felon, Rini’s DNA was known to the FBI. Ohio Department of Corrections records indicate Rini was released from an Ohio prison on March 7, 2019.

Once law enforcement officers confronted Rini about his true identity, Rini immediately stated he was not Timmothy Pitzen. He allegedly said he watched a story about Timmothy on 20/20 and stated he wanted to get away from his only family. When questioned further, it is alleged that Rini stated ‘he wished he had a father like Timmothy’s.’

Further investigation by the FBI found that Rini had allegedly portrayed himself as a juvenile sex trafficking victim on two prior occasions. In those instances, he was only identified once he was fingerprinted.

Making false statements to federal agents is a federal crime punishable by eight years in this case. Aggravated identify theft carries a mandatory additional two year sentence.

[SBM]”
Ohio Man Who Allegedly Pretended to be Missing Illinois Boy Indicted by Grand Jury

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back