OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 Apr 2006 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know anyone who worked on the site.

However, some things are clear from detailed information that was linked much earlier in one of the threads.

It was not an existing structure that was being renovated. That part of the building was new construction adjoining an existing structure.

No photos or detailed descriptions of state of the construction site as it was on the date that Brian disappeared have ever been shared. It was described as "completely dug up" by the lead investigator. I think we can assume that the cement for the floor had not yet been poured. It sounds like the outer walls must have already been in place.

The construction site was probably changing daily, which may be why it's difficult to pin down exactly how it looked on the date of Brian's disappearance.
Thank you for this! I just joined in here, figuring out how to use the threads and stuff. I really appreciate that information

I don't know anyone who worked on the site.

However, some things are clear from detailed information that was linked much earlier in one of the threads.

It was not an existing structure that was being renovated. That part of the building was new construction adjoining an existing structure.

No photos or detailed descriptions of state of the construction site as it was on the date that Brian disappeared have ever been shared. It was described as "completely dug up" by the lead investigator. I think we can assume that the cement for the floor had not yet been poured. It sounds like the outer walls must have already been in place.

The construction site was probably changing daily, which may be why it's difficult to pin down exactly how it looked on the date of Brian's disappearance.
My impression was that they were finishing part of the building for a new tenant, Sunflower Market, which have been a neighbouring business to the UTS in the same building. They weren't building an addition.

Why would we assume the concrete floor hadn't been poured yet when Brian disappeared? The building was quite new, but its basic structure, including the concrete floors, would have had to have been completed for a business like the UTS to open and operate out of it.

My impression was that they were finishing part of the building for a new tenant, Sunflower Market, which have been a neighbouring business to the UTS in the same building. They weren't building an addition.

Why would we assume the concrete floor hadn't been poured yet when Brian disappeared? The building was quite new, but its basic structure, including the concrete floors, would have had to have been completed for a business like the UTS to open and operate out of it.
According to prior posts from others who were personally familiar with the building: 1) the building was constructed in sections; 2) the UTS had opened prior to the part of the building housing the theater and the Sunflower Market even being built; and 3) the Sunflower Market was the first business to ever occupy that space. So even though the part of the building housing the UTS had been finished for quite some time (months or even years), the part of the building housing the Sunflower Market was new construction.

We have several posters here who are from Columbus. Hopefully one of them can confirm that.

Again, this is graphic, but I think if he had remained in the building complex there would have been a decomposition odor.
There had been a stench reported in the complex after Brian went missing. Twas in a yelp post for the theatre in the complex (the theatre goer in yelp post reported a stench in the theatre area - see posts here from like 5 years back), the entrance to which was located near where Brian was last seen on vid outside UTS bar.

There had been a stench reported in the complex after Brian went missing. Twas in a yelp post for the theatre in the complex (the theatre goer in yelp post reported a stench in the theatre area - see posts here from like 5 years back), the entrance to which was located near where Brian was last seen on vid outside UTS bar.

Would a body stink after 10 years though? I don't really know, but you think the smell would have been worse earlier on.

I’m interested in the two brothers whose names have been floating around the last year or so. I think some people know they have been around before then. But I’ve only heard it from one source really.

I’m interested in the two brothers whose names have been floating around the last year or so. I think some people know they have been around before then. But I’ve only heard it from one source really.
I've been follong this case closely for years, but have never heard of the 2 brothers. can you share???

Hi everyone, what are your thoughts on the foul play random abductors theory? He met up with some bad people out the back door and things went terrible. If that was the case wouldn't cameras have caught a glimpse of a Car near the Bar going and leaving around the same time?

June 15 2023
Bethany Bruner
''Here are six central Ohio cases that have been featured in popular true crime programming in recent years.

Brian Shaffer​

The disappearance of Brian Shaffer has been a mystery that has been investigated numerous times in the 17 years since he was last seen.''

More:What happened to Brian Shaffer?
''Since his disappearance, Shaffer's case has been the subject of podcast episodes — such as "All the Time Unsolved" and "Crime Junkie" — featured on television shows like Amazon Prime's "The Missing," and it has its own Wikipedia page.

In 2020, a photograph of a homeless man in Mexico was sent to the FBI for facial recognition software to be used to determine if it was Shaffer. The FBI determined it was not him''
1687987577433.png

Hi everyone, what are your thoughts on the foul play random abductors theory? He met up with some bad people out the back door and things went terrible. If that was the case wouldn't cameras have caught a glimpse of a Car near the Bar going and leaving around the same time?
I will never rule something entirely out. I just think the timing of everything else shows he was on his way out, somehow or another.
Plus, no body.
It's just so rare for an adult male to be randomly murdered and his body not to be found.
Not saying at all it's not what happened.
Just thinking he was attempting to at least vanish for that night.
After that who knows...
Still think his friend knows more. Well, could almost guarantee it.

I will never rule something entirely out. I just think the timing of everything else shows he was on his way out, somehow or another.
Plus, no body.
It's just so rare for an adult male to be randomly murdered and his body not to be found.
After that who knows...
Excellent insights. Thank you for your take.

Plus, no body.
After that who knows...
<insinuations against a person not named POI by LE> It's the most logical explanation. The only thing is the 10 minute maximum time frame when he was last seen until he was gone.How could 12 people in the bar not see anything that quick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Posted this in Ray Gricar thread yesterday; however, further research of area determine possibly Brian Shaffer connection? The area is about 150 miles from where BS went missing? MOO

I’m curious how there’s a possible Brian Shaffer connection. Could you clarify? TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k2910