OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 Apr 2006 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know it has been discussed many times before, but Hurst now claims that Brian's ex said Brian had experimented with men sexually AND he confirmed with a male that it happened before... Who was that male that stated it was true? Hurst also said Brian and Clint possibly could have been more than friends. I think that is potentially a big clue if true. It would either give motive and/or during a time where a lot of crazy stories happen when homosexual relationships tried to meet on the internet in 2006.

I was really hoping the interview would dive into further details of the medical students he met at the bar and the two women he spoke with before "vanishing" - never even brought up during the interview. Also, there are confirmed phone pings after he left the bar (initially and 6 months later) so I found it odd that Hurst's theory is he got drunk and ended up in a dumpster. I don't see how he comes to that conclusion based on the phone pings

I know it has been discussed many times before, but Hurst now claims that Brian's ex said Brian had experimented with men sexually AND he confirmed with a male that it happened before... Who was that male that stated it was true? Hurst also said Brian and Clint possibly could have been more than friends. I think that is potentially a big clue if true. It would either give motive and/or during a time where a lot of crazy stories happen when homosexual relationships tried to meet on the internet in 2006.

I was really hoping the interview would dive into further details of the medical students he met at the bar and the two women he spoke with before "vanishing" - never even brought up during the interview. Also, there are confirmed phone pings after he left the bar (initially and 6 months later) so I found it odd that Hurst's theory is he got drunk and ended up in a dumpster. I don't see how he comes to that conclusion based on the phone pings.
I agree that it could be a big clue if Brian and Clint could have been more than friends and that is why Clint lawyered up rather quickly, or if Brian was questioning his sexuality since it is now said that he experimented with men in the past. So many questions...

Amber Ruic was the last person to talk to Brian while Brightan was in the bathroom. What did they speak about? Did she ask him to meet them out back? Why did she seem upset on surveillance minutes before they leave and Brian disappears?

Imo, Brian Shaffer most likely left the building via the only other exit from the 2nd floor where there is a service door not meant for public use.

July 16, 2024

Brian Shaffer makes the 30-minute drive from Columbus to celebrate the start of Spring Break with a steak dinner at his father’s house.

Over dinner, Brian excitedly discusses his upcoming vacation to Miami with girlfriend, Alexis Waggoner. According to family, Brian plans to propose. Brian also mentions his plans to go out that evening with his former roommate, William “Clint” Florence.

Full article at link...

I was really hoping the interview would dive into further details of the medical students he met at the bar and the two women he spoke with before "vanishing" - never even brought up during the interview. Also, there are confirmed phone pings after he left the bar (initially and 6 months later) so I found it odd that Hurst's theory is he got drunk and ended up in a dumpster. I don't see how he comes to that conclusion based on the phone pings.
It's possible from Detective Hurst's comments that both Brian and Clint were bisexual or in the closet. Perhaps Brian was looking for a random encounter with a man that night but met up with a killer like Bruce McArthur.

Those would be the kind of circumstances where he'd disappear without witnesses, for instance, by getting into a car on a desolate street or in a parking lot at night and then being driven somewhere else where the murder took place under the pretenses of a casual encounter. The only witness to Brian being lured under such pretenses would be the killer himself. He's probably never going to talk about it or where the body is.

As an aside, it's kind of ridiculous as to how much has been made about him not being seen leaving on camera. One exit had a camera, but security told police that it had been overwritten when they requested it. People could leave through the construction exit as well, which wasn't monitored by a camera. I applaud the detective who went through the footage from the main entrance and confirmed that Brian wasn't seen leaving, but you can't really do anything with that information in light of the overwritten footage from the other exit and the possibility of him leaving through the construction exit.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back