OH OH - Brian Shaffer, 27, Columbus, 1 April 2006 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No news on Brian after all of this time. Reading that Coupon that he gave his girlfriend on her birthday is just heartbreaking isn't it. He didn't sound like a guy that was planning on disappearing for any reason. He must have met with foul play.

I can't imagine his "friend" refusing to take a poly...why? I wonder if both guys were drinking a lot and got into a fight and something happened?

Brian sounds like a responsible guy that wouldn't intentially put his girlfriend and dad through all of this hell. What a sad situation.

Apparently some bones were found recently.... from Alexis' blog:

Monday, March 12, 2007

Back in the news again...
Current mood:
worried.gif
worried

As many from around Columbus know, there were skeletal remains found in Marion Co, which is about an hour to an hour fifteen north of here. A guy out looking for aluminum cans in a makeshift garbage dump in the woods found them. They were found over the weekend, and as of tonight, it is unknown as to if they are from a male or female. Apparently they are likely about a year old give or take a few months. Which puts Brian back in the news as a possibility, but also with quite a list of others. I found out last night, and lets just say it was a long night for me. Today I went off to work with calls into the police to find out what they knew. I told my team what had occurred, and if I received a phone call and started to freak out, that was why. I finally did speak with one of the detectives on Brian's case who basically said just what the news had: what was found and they were using Brian as one of three high profile missing cases to spice the news up, including Tony Luzio, Jr who has been missing since July 2005 and Patti Adkins who has been missing since 2001. I talked to the police a couple of times today, and the news, and the story remains the same. They are hoping that at least the gender, age, and size of the person will be released Wednesday. It's an awful thing to hope and pray you don't get the bad news that this is the person you've been waiting to return home, but you have to wait another couple of days to find out. I knew that this time of year was going to be rough, but this is making it so much worse. I'm mentally and emotionally exhausted tonight. I guess I forgot just how terrible and tiring this was every day for so many months last year. I certainly remember now! So I'd better get some sleep. I'll make sure to update as I get new information.

Man Finds Human Remains In Field

Skull Discovered In Marion County

POSTED: 8:57 am EDT March 12, 2007
UPDATED: 9:24 am EDT March 12, 2007

MARION, Ohio -- A team of investigators in Marion County will try to identify human remains found Saturday afternoon in a field along Victory Road.

A man walking around looking for aluminum cans in a field spotted a skull, NewsChannel5 partner ONN reported.

He called the Marion County Sheriff's Office, which contained the scene.

At this point, the sheriff's department can't determine the sex or the age of the person whose remains were found. Nothing has been removed from the scene because investigators were waiting for daylight to search for more clues to help them with the identification.

The sheriff's department has also notified neighboring counties that a body has been found so they can check their missing person reports. Sheriff Tim Bailey said there are no open missing person cases in Marion County.

*snip*

more at link above

I'll bet that everyone in that area who has a loved one missing is on edge waiting for an identification. Someone will know the fate of their loved one in a few days. I wonder if it is Brian?

It's been awhile, but I've been lurking about. I saw this on the news as well. Im about 45 minutes away from either place. What I dont get is how this would match up with rumors about Brian's cell possibly hitting a tower in Hilliard, the opposite direction. We actually had a case VERY similar to this awhile back. The Jonathon Sheasby case. Dog found a human skull, led owner to body in field. Starting to think this goes deeper than a few missing people. Anyone else ever charted all these mysterious disapearances on a map?

i have been following this case for some time now. i pray that brian's girlfriend, and the rest of his family, can be comforted during this difficult time, no matter what the outcome ultimately is. they have been through so much.

I have been following this story since Brian went missing.

This is so sad for his dad, brother and Alexis. People don't just vanish into thin air. Someone knows something.

Brian is such a handsome young man. I pray that he just needed time to get away and grive over his mother's death, but it surely seems as if he may have met with foul play.

:(

My heart always jumps when I see an update to this thread. This is sad news for someones family. I still hope that Brian is out there somewhere, safe and just unable to contact his family for whatever reason.

Thinking of the Shaffer's.

Dex said:
It's been awhile, but I've been lurking about. I saw this on the news as well. Im about 45 minutes away from either place. What I dont get is how this would match up with rumors about Brian's cell possibly hitting a tower in Hilliard, the opposite direction. We actually had a case VERY similar to this awhile back. The Jonathon Sheasby case. Dog found a human skull, led owner to body in field. Starting to think this goes deeper than a few missing people. Anyone else ever charted all these mysterious disapearances on a map?
Maybe someone else has his cell phone or has dumped it near Hilliard if the remains are indeed Brian? Would that explain why the ping was in an opposite direction?

How long does it take to compare dental records? I wish they would hurry out and rule this young man out or tell us if it is him.

Just bumping this up again..July 1 it will be 15 months now since Brian's disappearance. I cannot find ANY news on him at all. Even on his website under latest news it says the page is currently under construction.

This is just such a horribly sad story. A father who lost his wife, now not knowing what happened to his son. From all accounts a sweet, smart, wonderful man :( A girl who has lost the love of her life...It's just so sad, so confusing...

It's very sad, Angels...I know how frustrated I feel with the lack of news on this case, I can't even imagine what his family and girlfriend are going through...

I just read the guestbook on Brian's site... there were some insightful posts. One very ignorant, offensive post, too ... someone named "Jesus" http://globalguest.com/gb2/TLESLEY/guestbook75.html
What a sick-o! That infuriates me.

Does anyone think he is still alive and just needed to get away?

I read through some entries in the guestbook last night but not very many...I intend to read more...but I did see the '"Jesus" one and yes, it is infuriating! I just can't believe the way some people think something as serious as the disappearance of a loved one is such a joke!

When this first happened, I thought exactly that - that he needed to get away and just left. But from the description of his personality, I don't think he would have stayed away this long without contacting anyone. He sounds like a very sweet, caring guy. I know he was under a lot of pressure with school and of course, having just lost his Mom. I just can't believe he wouldn't have gotten in touch with someone to say he was okay. I'm sure his family and GF would have understood he needed space and left him alone. I HOPE he is still alive but he just doesn't sound like the type who would put his family and friends through this torture of not knowing where he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member