Found Deceased OH - Bryon Macron, 45, Lafayette Township, 15 Dec 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is the owner of the jewelry company from Medina? If not, I would find it hard to believe that someone could pull something like this off without knowing the lay of the land. And, it was stated by a professional investigator that the crime was committed by at least two people, minimum.

Is the owner of the jewelry company from Medina? If not, I would find it hard to believe that someone could pull something like this off without knowing the lay of the land. And, it was stated by a professional investigator that the crime was committed by at least two people, minimum.

There's no way one person could have done it - it would be very difficult for one person to carry him out of office , put him in vehicle - drive his car and suspects vehicle- put him in lake. I would believe there would have had to been a blood trail leading out of office and out of car to lake - if he was carried out in a blanket or curtain in order to contain blood, where is that ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he were placed in a body bag, I'm guessing you would be able to see that aerially ..... the lake isn't that deep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently read that 75-80% of murders are committed by people the victim knows. Do we know, or has the Sheriff's department commented on the interview process? Also, if a 911 call was made wouldn't that be open to the public?

There has NEVER been any hint that I have read or heard at missing or unaccounted for diamonds or jewelry and the trustees made a statement that no money was missing or unaccounted for. No one is stating this but you.

Check out the Lafayette Township website - it's been "hacked" for months and gets me a warning that it's not secure when I go to it.

Excellent column by Bob Dyer of the Akron Beacon Journal:

Bob Dyer: Prosecutor’s comments about trustee’s death are astonishing

http://www.ohio.com/writers/bob-dye...bout-trustee-s-death-are-astonishing-1.759659

Suicide?

He stabbed and slashed himself six times, in the neck, forearms and shoulder?

In his office?

And then, bleeding profusely from a gaping wound in his neck, he walked out to his car, started it up and drove 3 miles to the lake, where he climbed out and jumped in?

Additionally, since no water was found in his lungs, he would have had to time his jump into the lake exactly at the moment of death. Otherwise, he'd have water in his lungs.

Unless he paid someone to off him (there was a story like that in NY, I believe), then this prosecutor is totally dropping the ball.

Akron Beacon Journal article above is a good one, with comments from a retired Akron police officer who is now a consultant:

Even though the preliminary AR shows defensive wounds on the victim's arms, trying to block someone from stabbing him, the Medina Co prosecutor says there's no evidence to suspect foul play. :thinking: AR also shows no water in his respiratory system, indicating he was dead when he was put in the lake. So how did he leave his office and drive to the lake?

[FONT=&amp]So let me see if I'm following this correctly. Macron leaves his house in the wee hours of the morning and heads to the Township admin building, apparently to meet with a resident. A Township employee arrives to work at roughly 7:30 to find the door to the township building open and the lights are on. When the employee enters the building, he finds Macron's office in disarray with blood on the floor, walls and ceiling. Several hours later, Macron's vehicle is discovered, by way of using OnStar, parked near Chippewa lake and blood is discovered in the vehicle. After the vehicle is found, a member of the highway patrol (?) uses a plane and flies over the lake in a "grid pattern" and nothing is found that would warrant a dive team to search the lake. The FBI is called in to assist in the case and nothing new emerges and things go silent for a couple months. It is later reported in the ABJ that shortly after the incident, a crew is brought in to the Township building and the carpeting is removed and the walls and ceiling are cleaned and a fresh coat of paint is applied before Macron was found. Fast forward to February and a kayaker discovers Macron's body in the lake after it thaws. The county is then sued by WKYC to release the autopsy report and it is reported that Macron had a large cut on the right side of his neck, "defensive" stab wounds on his forearms and another stab wound on his back. The report also states that there was no water found in his lungs which means he was deceased before he entered the lake. This seems strange and there are a several questions that I have:[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]* Was a 911 call made after the employee discovered blood in the office?[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]*It was very cold that morning and there was a light dusting of snow on the ground. Where there any footprints or blood on the ground or in the snow?[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]*Did anyone enter the building, other than the authorities, after the township employee discovered the blood?[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]*Why was the building cleaned before Macron was found and who made the decision to clean it? Is it considered hazardous material?[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]*Were search dogs used or was there discussion to form a search team/party to scour the perimeter of the lake and Township building?[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]*How can one make a determination, from several hundred feet in the sky, that there was no reason to dive in the lake and search for Macron?
*Who if anyone has been interviewed?[/FONT]

It is my opinion that Macron did intentionally meet with 1 or more persons that morning. I am wondering what kind of business meeting is scheduled for sometime before 7:30 am?

Here are more questions I have:
Is the building accessed with a swipe card? Did he log onto his computer?
What information does OnStar offer?
Does his home have a security system?
Does the vehicle have programmable seats? (person 1/person 2)
Have they kept the carpeting and padding that was torn out and replaced?
Did they take numerous blood samples before they painted the walls?
Did he wear a fitbit or similar device?
Were any phone calls or texts sent from him, his cell phone, or his office phone that morning?

Widow of Lafayette Township trustee hires lawyer to help get answers: http://fox8.com/2017/06/01/widow-of-layfayette-township-trustee-hires-lawyer-to-help-get-answers/

In a nutshell: the prosecutor and sheriff's office are still waiting on results and the coroner won't return reporters' calls. Bryon's widow has hired a lawyer in hopes of finding out more.

The I-Team went to the county prosecutor’s office, the sheriff’s office, and the county coroner’s office Thursday, hoping to find out the results of the autopsy, or at the very least, find out why the results are not done.

Waiting for answers in the case is very troubling for Macron’s widow, Victoria. She has now hired an attorney to help her find out what happened to her husband.

“It’s been very frustrating for her, the investigation seems to be lagging and that's very frustrating for her,” said Atty. Richard Lillie, who represents the family.

Widow of Lafayette Township trustee hires lawyer to help get answers: http://fox8.com/2017/06/01/widow-of-layfayette-township-trustee-hires-lawyer-to-help-get-answers/

In a nutshell: the prosecutor and sheriff's office are still waiting on results and the coroner won't return reporters' calls. Bryon's widow has hired a lawyer in hopes of finding out more.

That seems unusual. IIRC, the autopsy was performed by the Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner. They're very experienced as they serve a major metro area and investigate all kinds of deaths on a regular basis. I suppose the Cuy Co ME can't give them information without consent from the Medina Co coroner.

Good thing his wife has hired an attorney. The law is on her side. The county is required to give her information about her husband's death. I wonder if they develop a case, if it can be heard in Cuyahoga County.

Something is very strange & Medina Co can be an odd place. Not the people who live there, but their political/government leaders.

Akron Beacon Journal 12 Jun 2017

Bryon Macron: The mystery of the Lafayette Township trustee’s death continues as his widow searches for clues

http://www.ohio.com/news/break-news...nues-as-his-widow-searches-for-clues-1.773629

Still no tox reports (at least not from the county coroner). Looks like Medina has a new county prosecutor.

Previous ME report revealed

Gaping gash or stab wound on his neck, near his juglar vein

Superficial slashes on his forearms and a stab wound on his shoulder

No evidence of water in his lungs, no mud or debris in his mouth

Another update
http://fox8.com/2017/06/11/wife-of-lafayette-township-trustee-i-dont-want-people-to-forget/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back