Found Deceased OH - Bryon Macron, 45, Lafayette Township, 15 Dec 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree! It is about time! I know the Macrons and this whole “investigation” has been such a joke. It has been so clear from the beginning that Bryon was murdered by someone on the inside and there has been a massive coverup. An interesting blog that refers to Bryon’s murder frequently and the corruption in Medina County is medinacorruption.blogspot.com. The blogger can be a little over the top sometimes, but he calls it as he sees it. Here are a few paragraphs from his post on 6/27/18.

Attachments

• F2756524-B0A6-4F3F-888A-D662DAA33AF7.jpeg
    F2756524-B0A6-4F3F-888A-D662DAA33AF7.jpeg
    165.1 KB · Views: 41
I heard that BCI has taken over the investigation.

Yes, let's hope something comes from that. JMO, I'm not sure it will. Seems destined to become a cold case, but I hope his family keeps pushing for answers.

The evidence revealed publicly so far indicates he was murdered. How does a dead person walk into a lake in the middle of winter. This AR showed he did not drown, so was dead when he went in the lake.

It will only become a cold case if left in the hands of MCSO.
Medina County is keeping this case hush hush for a reason....

It will only become a cold case if left in the hands of MCSO.
Medina County is keeping this case hush hush for a reason....

Having followed the investigation of the murders of 8 Rhoden family members, Macron's murder case can go cold with Ohio BCI, too. When there's a squabble, but everyone is playing for the same team, sometimes BCI's job is to bury the case so no one gets hurt.

Bryon's loved ones may need to get help from outside Ohio, at least for now. Go to national news media, etc. Couldn't hurt for them to encourage someone to do a podcast about his death. There are quite a few good true crime podcasters out there who have brought national attention to stalled or cold cases. Perhaps more lawsuits need to be filed to open up the records of the investigation.

If anyone suspects some kind of government corruption, they should go to the feds - FBI or DOJ.

Last edited:
It’s encouraging that there have been arrests in the Rhoden case after so long. Here’s hoping the Macron family gets answers.

I did hear of a case that was publicly ruled murder-suicide for about a year while LE was building a case. They wanted the suspect (who killed her mother and sister and staged it as suicide) to think she had gotten away with it. She was arrested finally.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...31dcd53ca6b_story.html?utm_term=.512829f233c2

VA - Helen Hargan, 23, Pamela Hargan, 63, Staged Murder-Suicide, McLean, 14 Jul '17 *Arrest*

Suicide I just don't buy it. Who would stab themselves 6 times? I think leaving blood miles away in the office?

Not to mention there being no sign of drowning. So he would have to get himself into the water already dead. Here’s hoping the murderer is too dumb to see how dumb they were....while LE is building a case

So, I'm new to this forum and it's very possible this topic has been addressed and talked up and down, but I came across the meeting minutes from the Lafayette Township Hall back in 2017 and there is some really interesting dialogue that occurs between Mrs Macron, her private investigator, and the the township trustees,. My interest was peaked at page 6, second paragraph. (see attached)

Curious if anyone else has looked into this?

Attachments

So, I'm new to this forum and it's very possible this topic has been addressed and talked up and down, but I came across the meeting minutes from the Lafayette Township Hall back in 2017 and there is some really interesting dialogue that occurs between Mrs Macron, her private investigator, and the the township trustees,. My interest was peaked at page 6, second paragraph. (see attached)

Curious if anyone else has looked into this?

Welcome @silencedoogood! That’s a very interesting paragraph. Thanks for bringing it here:

Ms. Buell told Mr. Hartman that Mr. Macron was in the administration office on the Wednesday before his disappearance and was adamant she not arrive for work until 9:00 a.m. on Friday morning even though her work day begins at 8:00 a.m. She told Mr. Hartman that she discussed this conversation with Ms. Macron in her home on the evening Mr. Macron went missing. She stated she also told her that Mr. Macron had explained to her she was to come in late because he had an 8:00 a.m. meeting with an “angry resident” scheduled and that Sergeant Sanford would be present - even going into detail saying Sgt. Sanford would hide his car. Ms. Buell said she told Mr. Macron he was scaring her and she was going to call to his wife to which Mr. Macron responded, “You wouldn’t dare”. Ms. Buell stated that Ms. Bailey was present for that entire conversation – all information has been shared with authorities and Ms. Macron a number of times. Ms. Bowers added that according to Sergeant Sanford, Mr. Macron had no such conversations with him. Ms. Buell described Mr. Macron as being extremely inquisitive of the service departments’ morning routines for several days immediately prior to his disappearance. Ms. Bowers told Mr. Hartman none of us can explain any of this behavior.

Still could be some kind of deal that went bad. Could go to either theory. Suicide OR some meeting that went bad.

I was going to say (again) that lack of water in the lungs would mean he was dead when he went into the water and could not be suicide. But I decided to look a little deeper, and found a detailed discussion of drowning. A few interesting points that challenge my assumption, quoting:

The lack of water found in lungs during autopsy does not necessarily mean there was no water at the time of drowning, as small amounts of freshwater are readily absorbed into the bloodstream.

In forensic pathology, water in the lungs indicates that the person was still alive at the point of submersion. Absence of water in the lungs may be either a dry drowning or indicates a death before submersion.[29]

Forensic diagnosis of drowning is considered one of the most difficult in forensic medicine. External examination and autopsy findings are often non-specific, and the available laboratory tests are often inconclusive or controversial. The purpose of investigation is generally to distinguish whether the death was due to immersion, or whether the body was immersed post mortem.
(Much more in this section)

Drowning - Wikipedia

So although Occam’s Razor seems to point to murder rather than suicide, the absence of water in Macron’s airways does not necessarily make murder a slam dunk forensically.

I've had a thought as to the no water in the lungs issue as well. It also should be pointed out that there was snow on the ground at the time and IIRC the lake may have been frozen already that year or maybe more likely partially frozen in places? That was December. Bryon was found in February because there was an unusual warmup. The ice melted. That's why a boater was out on the lake and found him. So, if the lake was frozen or frozen in places like near the edges, and he wandered out there and laid down, and they only did an infrared air search and he was already dead on the ice, they may not have seen or detected his body. Ice melts body falls in? Is that possible?

I've had a thought as to the no water in the lungs issue as well. It also should be pointed out that there was snow on the ground at the time and IIRC the lake may have been frozen already that year or maybe more likely partially frozen in places? That was December. Bryon was found in February because there was an unusual warmup. The ice melted. That's why a boater was out on the lake and found him. So, if the lake was frozen or frozen in places like near the edges, and he wandered out there and laid down, and they only did an infrared air search and he was already dead on the ice, they may not have seen or detected his body. Ice melts body falls in? Is that possible?

The problem with that theory is there were no footprints in the snow between Mr. Macron's car and the lake. Even if he had walked out onto a partially frozen lake, died then later went underwater, there should have been evidence of him walking from his car to the lake. The initial search for him after he want missing was very poor.

These details in these meeting minutes from 2 years ago and the public silence since then are highly suspicious. The idea of Mr. Macron having a meeting with an "angry citizen" is a red flag. The mention of his inquiries about activities of the service department in the weeks leading up to his death also seem important. JMO, from the remarks in the meeting minutes, news media stories and now letting the case go cold, it appears some people in local government know what happened to Mr. Macron, but aren't talking. JMO.

In a worst case scenario, for example, if Mr. Macron was involved in some shady business or job activity that caused his death, that doesn't justify leaving his killer to escape prosecution. No one deserves to die and no killer deserves to escape justice. It's just wrong, IMO.

Very suspicious.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08