Found Deceased OH - Caleb Marple, 39, Cleveland, 18 May 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hey guys.. i am someone close to the family and can answer any questions you may have.
Sadly, we were notified on Friday that the body found was Caleb. Even though we all knew in the back of our minds that something terrible had happened to him, seeing it was going on 2 weeks since he was last seen, its still devastating and difficult to process. Caleb was going to be joining us the following weekend for a trip down to the outer banks that we were all looking forward to. Things can change in an instant.
this saddens me,,,And I cannot even begin to imagine what your family has been going thru. Caleb was a wonderfully sweet guy and he will be missed by many. RIP Caleb ,,, you left everyone much too soon .Our deepest condolences.

@GraceG
I’m sure you’re as busy as can be but I feel like you prob could make some sense out of all the tidbits of info shared so far or offer a couple of opinions you may have formed about Caleb’s MP case! :):D
This is one of those cases that's easy to "overthink" so I haven't done an indepth read of all the posts. My opinion - he was barhopping with friends. He got kicked out of a bar, likely for just being intoxicated. I would imagine his companions did NOT leave with him if he was kicked out and they wished to stay. The bar was very close to the Cuyahoga river, and being intoxicated and so close to the river, he went into the water accidentally and drowned (no foul play). The most recent body found was just southwest of where he most likely went into the water after leaving Barley house. I hope his family gets some closure. It's just tragic.

This is one of those cases that's easy to "overthink" so I haven't done an indepth read of all the posts. My opinion - he was barhopping with friends. He got kicked out of a bar, likely for just being intoxicated. I would imagine his companions did NOT leave with him if he was kicked out and they wished to stay. The bar was very close to the Cuyahoga river, and being intoxicated and so close to the river, he went into the water accidentally and drowned (no foul play). The most recent body found was just southwest of where he most likely went into the water after leaving Barley house. I hope his family gets some closure. It's just tragic.
I would completely agree on the tragic accident part if there wasnt the lying from the people that were with him that night combined with the fact there was a fight between him and some people( 4-5 guys)outside the bar that may have played a role in how he ended up where he did. Hopefully the autopsy will give us some answers.

I would completely agree on the tragic accident part if there wasnt the lying from the people that were with him that night combined with the fact there was a fight between him and some people( 4-5 guys)outside the bar that may have played a role in how he ended up where he did. Hopefully the autopsy will give us some answers.
THIS!!! ALL of this!! I would believe it were an accident had there not been a previous altercation and had the other parties at least expressed concern to your family!

The girl that had calebs phone lived next to him. She never reached out to us or anyone that Caleb was missing. She said she barely knew him (didnt even know his last name)and pretty much just met him. She couldn’t specifically name any of the other people that were with them that night, just that they were acquaintances. She also said they had taken an uber down and that caleb left his phone in the car on the way down and the uber driver dropped it off to her the next day. We have since learned that she had gone out on some dates with caleb multiple times including having lunch alone with him earlier the day he went missing. What is more disturbing is she was dating jensen before she met caleb, then after caleb indicated he wasnt interested in her, she got back with jensen again. They all just happened to be together that night, jensen was the last person caleb interacted with on the security footage we saw. The uber story changed when she talked to the police to now it was the rode down with two girls. Why would you lie about all of this unless there is something you are trying to hide?

I hadn't read the post with the link to the fight information. Thanks for clarifying! That definitely changes things.

The girl that had calebs phone lived next to him. She never reached out to us or anyone that Caleb was missing. She said she barely knew him (didnt even know his last name)and pretty much just met him. She couldn’t specifically name any of the other people that were with them that night, just that they were acquaintances. She also said they had taken an uber down and that caleb left his phone in the car on the way down and the uber driver dropped it off to her the next day. We have since learned that she had gone out on some dates with caleb multiple times including having lunch alone with him earlier the day he went missing. What is more disturbing is she was dating jensen before she met caleb, then after caleb indicated he wasnt interested in her, she got back with jensen again. They all just happened to be together that night, jensen was the last person caleb interacted with on the security footage we saw. The uber story changed when she talked to the police to now it was the rode down with two girls. Why would you lie about all of this unless there is something you are trying to hide?

Is LE aware of these issues?

Sadly, its not an uncommon occurrence in that area, especially during warm weather. People have a few drinks and a good time, let their guard down or aren't paying attention. If you look at the photos, the riverside in that area has a shoreline very high above the water, where large boats are allowed to dock. If you were to fall in, especially in the dark, it would be really difficult to climb out of there. The water is also very deep. The river is dredged in that area as it's a ship channel for very large bulk carrier ships. After hours, its probably pretty dark down there, too, making it hard to notice how close you are to the water. Its right next to the parking lot for those entertainment venues down there.

Since WHO notified you?
Respectfully asking because I still cannot find any updates to confirm your post(s).

I think the OP is referring to LE. It sounds like family have been advised tentatively that the DB is Caleb but have not made a formal announcement.

THIS!!! ALL of this!! I would believe it were an accident had there not been a previous altercation and had the other parties at least expressed concern to your family!

Have the 4 or 5 dudes who jumped him been identified and interviewed by authorities? IMO this makes this situation so sticky. Was the fight bad enough that Caleb may have suffered a closed head injury and been confused enough to end up in the river?

Family members say missing Westlake man’s body pulled from the Cuyahoga River

Family members said the body of a man recovered from the Cuyahoga River last Friday has been tentatively identified as Caleb Marple, 39.
Family members said four-to-six men jumped Marple outside the Archer Apartments on W. 9th Street in downtown Cleveland.

This literally makes me sick to my stomach. Incredibly heartbreaking.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nelib87
Back