OH OH - Catherine Sackrider, 58, Sylvania, 18 Sept 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has anyone heard any new info? I live in the area and haven't heard a peep. I can't believe this went cold. Also, what town in Indiana did she live in ? I know she was last seen alive in Sylvania, Ohio and body found in Michigan but I never see what town she was actually from in Indiana.

I can't believe this went completely cold and almost every link associated with this case is now deleted/ page not found etc . I got to thinking about Cathy again because there's another 60-year-old woman missing from Sylvania . Since this Monday. Her name is Lori Streidl.

I can't believe this went completely cold and almost every link associated with this case is now deleted/ page not found etc . I got to thinking about Cathy again because there's another 60-year-old woman missing from Sylvania . Since this Monday. Her name is Lori Streidl.
As soon as I heard about this disappearance my thoughts went immediately to Catherine Sackrider's murder.

As soon as I heard about this disappearance my thoughts went immediately to Catherine Sackrider's murder.

I can't believe it's cold either. Done some digging but almost zero info out there. Family doesn't even have an appeal to public every now and then. You had 3 jurisdictions at work, Sylvania Twp. Lenawee County Michigan Sheriff, and Lagrange County Sheriff in Indiana. Then, they pack it up and give everything to Sylvania? Lenawee Sheriff says there is evidence of homicide but I can't share that" but Lenawee coroner says can't find evidence of COD because of decomp? Then, they do a second autopsy in Lucas County Ohio and zippo? No comment? What did they find?
Sylvania says there was NO evidence recovered from her truck? Really? SOMEBODY drove and dumped it? She didn't leave her daughters, drive to the park, and then walk to Blissfield, into a cornfield, and kill herself outside a barn. No hairs, fibers, fingerprints in the car? Was the seat moved back? Obviously robbery was not the motive as her purse and contents were there.
This screams of ineptness and poor communication between agencies, but the actions, or lack of action, from the family is also concerning. If that was MY mother, dumped in a corn field, I would be screaming at the top of my lungs to draw attention to it.
It's easily proved that state lines were crossed, so why wasn't the FBI called in? Oh, that's right...Sylvania Twp an Lenawee County. To stellar agencies..ugh.
She was picked up on video surveillance at a gas station in Lyons Ohio on the morning she disappeared. What was she doing in Lyons? There's nothing in Lyons, but it is in close proximity to James Worley.
Something is just not right here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back