Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018 *husband suspect* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if more LE and prosecutors had some guts...more of these men would be brought to justice. Start bringing these cases to a grand jury even without a body and see what happens. She files for divorce, he has GF, less than 2 weeks later she's missing, a man in black takes and parks her van to Kroger and then walks back to her neighborhood, any evidence they've compiled from the search warrants, BRING IT...and see what happens! It's ridiculous that so many men continue to murder their wives and GF's and get away with it. Ugh..

Completely agree. When I saw LE's interview regarding naming Bill their suspect, I gasped at how young these gentlemen were. I have to admit it scared me a bit, because they seemed WAY overly confident. Figured this was a sure thing based on the bravado; Fast forward a year and here we are.

Anyone that’s seen the People broadcast have any input? I was hoping it would be more in depth regarding the work vehicle aspect, and whatever was found that lead them to believe it’s a homicide and that Bill was the culprit. I did find it odd that Det Abner said about the evidence that it only pointed to Bill but then right after towards the end said they just want to find who did it. I suppose he would maybe hesitate to say I just want to find the evidence to put Bill away, but then why say the evidence suggests he’s the only one that could have done it? I know that’s nitpicking but still. Anyone see something omitted or not discussed that you wish had been brought up, or anything you didn’t know that we could discuss?

Anyone that’s seen the People broadcast have any input? I was hoping it would be more in depth regarding the work vehicle aspect, and whatever was found that lead them to believe it’s a homicide and that Bill was the culprit. I did find it odd that Det Abner said about the evidence that it only pointed to Bill but then right after towards the end said they just want to find who did it. I suppose he would maybe hesitate to say I just want to find the evidence to put Bill away, but then why say the evidence suggests he’s the only one that could have done it? I know that’s nitpicking but still. Anyone see something omitted or not discussed that you wish had been brought up, or anything you didn’t know that we could discuss?

I watched the People broadcast. It was very basic. I had a few interruptions, and watched on a small screen, so I hope I got this right...No new information, except I saw this.
Footage of the vehicle driving into the Kroger lot. At first LE did not see any one exit the vehicle. They were disappointed.
Later, (confusing to me) LE came up with Kroger footage of a person dressed all in black, (hoodie) walking away from vehicle across the lot.
Then, later, broadcast showed footage of Bill in Kroger, dressed all in black, no hoodie, injury to his arm.
What I noticed was the walk, the stride, the gait of the person walking from the vehicle seemed to be identical to the stride, or gait of Bill walking out of Kroger. Then the footage, from the school, of person dressed in black (didn’t notice if hoodie) walking at back of house... all were from different distances, different angles, maybe he had shorts on in the inside Kroger pic, so it is hard to compare.
Anyone else see this?
If you have not yet watched the broadcast and intend to do so, please try to notice these points. I’m happy to be corrected if I am mistaken
My opinion.

I was trying to compare the walks as well, I figured it’s probably not very accurate due to the different angles and clothing but i do believe the arm swings seemed kinda identical in the Kroger video of Bill and the school footage.

I was trying to compare the walks as well, I figured it’s probably not very accurate due to the different angles and clothing but i do believe the arm swings seemed kinda identical in the Kroger video of Bill and the school footage.
Good to know you saw it too. I wish I had paid closer attention to if there were time stamps on these pieces of surveillance footage. That would be interesting to see how it works into the larger time frame of the day.

I just watched the people broadcast. It’s the first I’ve heard about Cheryl. homicide detectives are notoriously patient and this is a fairly fresh crime. At one point they stated they had a lot more evidence than they were putting out. I believe the main point of the show is to locate the body which makes a conviction easier. Jmo

Great to see Cheryl's Case high lighted of late.
Is something big about to happen?
Time for at least a GRAND JURY or could we finally have right church right pew finally.
The clock is ticking BILLLLLLLL

Unsolved Disappearance of Ohio Mom Cheryl Coker Started with Discovery of Her Abandoned Car

Police have since labeled the case a homicide, and identified Bill as a suspect. But with insufficient evidence to warrant an arrest, he has not been charged. He did not respond to PEOPLE’s request for comment.

I saw that and then I saw this: Investigators try to identify human remains found by Ohio kids wonder if there is any connection?? OR would this be to far away?? (I didn't see where they looked at the pings of the husbands phone, that might have been helpful to the case IMO)
The remains found Saturday are about a 3 1/2 hour round trip from Cheryl's home. It is possible that it's Cheryl but not to likely. There has been a man missing since July who was last seen about a mile from the body found Saturday and everyone believes it's him.

Some reactions to share about the episode:

1. There was no mention of Bill's claim that $4,000 was missing from the house. This was noted in early media. Just found its omission odd.

2. Rumor was somewhat confirmed that Bill had attempted to run Cheryl off the road at one point after an argument stemming from her filing for divorce. There was no police report filed, but multiple friends were aware of the incident.

3. He cheated on Cheryl back in 2006, before the open marriage agreement, which may have ultimately led the couple to choose that path.

4. Friends' accounts paint several incidents of Cheryl confronting Bill about going against the open marriage agreement and threatening divorce, not to mention the angry road-rage incident. And Bill's "blindsided" by her filing? That's an blatant lie.

5. We learn that one hour after Bill tells Cheryl that he wants to work on their marriage and he'll stop seeing Erin, he texts Erin "Can't wait to spend the rest of our lives together."

6. We learn that Cheryl was actively shopping for apartments in the weeks before her disappearance. She was looking for one to share with her younger daughter.

7. No mention of the walking hoodie guy wearing gloves, although in the re-enactment, he's wearing them.

8. LE intimates that they addressed with Bill his arm injury, but they don't mention what his response was. In early media reports, it was a forklift accident. LE confirms at this time that Bill refused a polygraph.

9. It's reported that during the course of their investigation, it is revealed that Cheryl's relationships, at least with Jim, was more of a friendship and that Cheryl was consumed/preoccupied with Bill and Erin's relationship.

10. "A piece of evidence was obtained that led us to believe this is a homicide."
And then the statement, "Newly discovered evidence that is a key factor that supports why Bill Coker is the one and only suspect." Seems like they're talking about one piece of evidence that does both.

11. We learned items found in searches could not be linked to Cheryl.

12. The friend's account that in one of their last arguments over divorce, Bill offered to "pretend" to love her. If true, there was a great desperation on his part to stay married to Cheryl, and it wasn't because he loved her.

The remains found Saturday are about a 3 1/2 hour round trip from Cheryl's home. It is possible that it's Cheryl but not to likely. There has been a man missing since July who was last seen about a mile from the body found Saturday and everyone believes it's him.
It did turn out to be local the man missing since July 2019. Benjamin Michael Saylor RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist