Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When William was spotted on school grounds between their back fence and the school building is the school parking lot, when your in that school lot you can see directly into the Coker backyard, question did the girlfriend meet him at a designated spot drive to the school lot and try to sneak in his backyard
And when bill initially departed Cheryl’s SUV in the Kroger parking lot dressed in black I travel the same exit and there is always a vehicle coming and going.
Believe me he would have stood out like a sore thumb dressed like that, the only people I have ever seen walking around that area are elderly women going to and from Kroger.
It was pretty stupid of him to cut through the school parking lot to his backyard, without drawing attention

Do we have a map person who could help us visualize where the specific sightings took place?
911 call from here Google Maps First sighting was at the corner of Mundy and Utopia and the driver went around the block to see his face and watch what he did. He called after second sighting on Spring Garden.

Person continued down Spring Garden to where it ends and went behind the houses on Christy (Coker house is just to the right at intersection of Utopia and Christy) IF you look at the satellite view, it's the one with the pool. This is where he was captured on video in the grass at the fence line right at the back of their property.

I'm glad that the case has progressed and so much was released today. Maybe now we can stop the ridiculous speculation of Cheryl setting all of this up and running off with a lover to Florida. Or that the teenage daughter is at fault. :( One person is responsible here.

How would this play out would LE contact his attorney and have him voluntarily turn himself in or would they go looking for him
Do we have concrete evidence that he is in custody yet
Once he’s in custody, what happens to the house, no ones paying the bills, does the bank take it back, utility payments that go unpaid, where does the minor child go now,
Big question , since this mornings revelation, does this mean his employment at Costco is terminated,

Now the $64000, question how ,what and where did he do with Cheryl,and who helped him
I can guarantee he will not say a word on her location, he may be stupid to commit this crime but he’s not that stupid to incriminate himself

He's not under arrest yet. There's been no warrant issued for his arrest either. He's only been named as a suspect and they changed the investigation from a missing person to a homicide.

I see Cheryl’s story made Foxnews.
Is he or not terminated from Costco, after this mornings revelations????

He has not been arrested yet, so I suspect Costco will keep him on. He's been named a suspect, their only suspect, but technically speaking he's still innocent. I'm sure he's crapping in his pants though.

I am happy this case is moving forward, my question is and I want to understand the law behind it,
Can a individual who was POI be named a suspect, without official charges or arrest
I know it’s a stretch, a individual named as a suspect can he or she say their rights are being violated, for employment, living in a sp3cific neighborhood, or just going to the grocery store, people will treat him or her like they have the plague
How is this going to affect minor children
How safe is it for witnesses, example the 911 caller in this case
What about his or hers employer, are they obligated to keep you on payroll or since label of suspect does that change

I have no, zero sympathy for William, his little man status and acting like a bully, will almost guarantee him 25- life, and Cheryl is serving a real death sentence

Yes, a suspect can be named and doesn't have to be arrested. Ever. The level of evidence to name a suspect isn't close to the same as what it is for an arrest warrant to be issued.

Ohio is an at-will employment state. So without a contract stating otherwise, you can be terminated for any reason whatsoever, as long as it doesn't violate the law, like discrimination of some sort. Costco can fire him. I don't think they will, though, unless he's arrested. They may change his position where he isn't so front and center in the store to a less visible position where he isn't interacting with the public.

I am happy this case is moving forward, my question is and I want to understand the law behind it,
Can a individual who was POI be named a suspect, without official charges or arrest
I know it’s a stretch, a individual named as a suspect can he or she say their rights are being violated, for employment, living in a sp3cific neighborhood, or just going to the grocery store, people will treat him or her like they have the plague
How is this going to affect minor children
How safe is it for witnesses, example the 911 caller in this case
What about his or hers employer, are they obligated to keep you on payroll or since label of suspect does that change

I have no, zero sympathy for William, his little man status and acting like a bully, will almost guarantee him 25- life, and Cheryl is serving a real death sentence
I can't speak for the legal ramifications but I can tell you this. It is rare in these times for LE to name their suspect before arresting him. It almost never happens and normally when it does, the suspect is on the run and they need to alert the public JMO. I don't think that would apply in this case and I'm really curious what their plan is. During the PC I was drawn to the facial expressions of the detective who didn't speak much. Especially when the reporter asked what they planned to do next. Also when the reporter questioned about the recent evidence. I think the evidence and the next step in the plan is very important and he was cautious that the other detective not let anything slip. All JMO.

From Whio TV news app:

Riverside police released a timeline of the events that have led to them naming Bill a suspect in the case:

OCTOBER 2, 2018 (Date of Cheryl's disappearance)

Approximately 7:35 a.m.:Cheryl's phone records show she arrived back at home after dropping her daughter off at school.
7:40 a.m. to 7:45 a.m.:Cheryl makes several Facebook posts.
7:35 a.m. to 10:51 a.m.:Cheryl's phone pings at her house.
Around 10:52 a.m.:Cheryl's cell phone pings near Kroger at 700 Spinning Road.
At approximately 10:52 a.m.:Cheryl's Toyota Highlander enters surveillance video in the parking lot of Kroger and is parked on the east part of the parking lot, closer to Clancy's Tavern.
A person dressed in all black, who appears to have their hood pulled up, exits Cheryl's vehicle and walks north in the parking lot toward Burkhardt Road.
At 10:53 a.m.:The person dressed in all black is seen walking
At approximately 11:13 a.m.:A 911 caller calls dispatch.
A 911 caller reports a suspicious white male dressed in all black with his hood pulled up walking in the neighborhood a short distance from the Coker residence.
The 911 caller first sees the white male near Utopia Place at Mundy Court.
The 911 caller circles the block, because he fears the white male is up to something
The 911 caller see the suspicious man a second time walking up Spring Garden Place at Christy Avenue, toward the back of Spinning Hills Middle School.
The 911 caller states the man used his hands to conceal his face.
A second witness, whose name and information is being withheld by police, reports seeing the same man on Spring Garden Place at Christy Avenue.
The second witness sees the man walking toward the back of Spinning Hills Middle School.
The second witness reports how odd it was that the man was dressed for cold weather, despite unseasonably warm temperatures on Oct. 2.
The second witness gives nearly the same description the 911 caller gave to dispatch
At approximately 11:09 a.m. to 11:10 a.m:The suspicious male is seen on four different exterior cameras at Spinning Hills Middle School. All four videos show the man walking toward the Coker residence.
At approximately 8:08 p.m.:Another video from inside Kroger shows William Coker enter the grocery store wearing all dark clothing; a black polo shirt, dark-colored shorts and dark-colored shoes. The video also shows a visible injury above William Coker's left elbow.
At approximately 8:11 p.m.:William Coker makes a purchase at the Kroger and exits the business.

Family wants justice for Cheryl Coker

Now that police have laid their cards out, Cheryl's family wants William to hear their message.

"Why? Why was it necessary? How could you do this to her mother? To her family? How could you do this to your daughters? Why?" asks Carroll.

Police have said that evidence points to homicide, and the family hopes they can recover Cheryl in some way but say they don’t know if the suspect will budge.

Speculating here. If it was customary for her to shower and get ready for work after the school drop-off, I wonder if he attacked her in the shower, subdued her until the water was deep enough, then held her down under the water until she drowned. If their shower is a tub/shower combo, I could see him getting his injury this way.

Wrapped her in an old sheet and then drove her in his car to dump her somewhere and then returned to get rid of her car?

Wonder if the evidence could be his cell pings out and about that morning during the hours before Cheryl's car was seen being parked/not matching where he said he was? Or maybe cadaver dog hit on his car or somewhere in the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot