Found Deceased OH - Cheryl Coker, 46, Riverside, 2 Oct 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He said during phone interview yesterday that he was home asleep. He woke briefly and heard her in the shower. Then when he woke again she and her car were gone. But he's lying because a neighbor saw him at 9am using her SUV to try to jump her work van. Cheryl's phone is in the home from 7:40 to 10:41. At 10:42 it pings at the Kroger lot. So he was not asleep until 10:41.

I wonder why he would do that? Surely it wouldn't have been blocking her vehicle because dropped her daughter off that morning. And it wouldn't have been blocking his because he got home late the previous night. Was he attempting to get rid of her body in her work vehicle? Would a company keep a GPS tracker on a work van?

I wonder why he would do that? Surely it wouldn't have been blocking her vehicle because dropped her daughter off that morning. And it wouldn't have been blocking his because he got home late the previous night. Was he attempting to get rid of her body in her work vehicle? Would a company keep a GPS tracker on a work van?
Work van was always parked on the street. Their cars were kept in the driveway. It was a widened driveway so two cars could fit side by side. There is a question as to whether he was messing with the work van to stage it to explain why she would have driven her SUV to Kroger that day and had all of her work stuff in her backpack. Remember, his explanation is that she ran off with someone else. So neighbor places him at 9am messing with cars. Coworker is texting her at 9:15 asking where she is as Tuesday is a mandatory go to office day to pick up her case files for the week. Cheryl was a crash scene investigator with the Dept of Transportation. She was supposed to be at work at 9am and surely would have let them know if she knew that her work vehicle was dead. I think she was dead before 9am. He was staging cars. Doing clean up. Then did the black hooded man fiasco to dump her car. Got back to the house a little after 11 and then he took her in his car to dump the body.

I am nana!, right after I posted that story from that UD professor Nagel , another story broke and is basically the same just different crimes, here’s the headline
On foxnews, and other news outlets
The article states that “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett is now classified as a suspect in a criminal probe following his attack claims, Chicago police say”
So what’s the difference of Coker being a named suspect and this Smollett guy,, both have no charges filed, both not arrested, but just labelled
I have a confession to make I should not have put the sabotage remark as a reply to your post. I am sorry

Work van was always parked on the street. Their cars were kept in the driveway. It was a widened driveway so two cars could fit side by side. There is a question as to whether he was messing with the work van to stage it to explain why she would have driven her SUV to Kroger that day and had all of her work stuff in her backpack. Remember, his explanation is that she ran off with someone else. So neighbor places him at 9am messing with cars. Coworker is texting her at 9:15 asking where she is as Tuesday is a mandatory go to office day to pick up her case files for the week. Cheryl was a crash scene investigator with the Dept of Transportation. She was supposed to be at work at 9am and surely would have let them know if she knew that her work vehicle was dead. I think she was dead before 9am. He was staging cars. Doing clean up. Then did the black hooded man fiasco to dump her car. Got back to the house a little after 11 and then he took her in his car to dump the body.

Thanks for this. Starting to get a pretty clear picture that morning.

Do you know if there is any truth to the comments that gf is getting polygraphed this morning?

That’s my other inquiry , has anyone seen William wear this black hoodie before 2 oct, did he ever wear it work, around the neighborhood, to a store or restaurant, is there any photos of him wearing the hoodie.
Let’s speculate, let’s say he disposed of Cheryl at the Huffman dam, did anyone check the numerous trash barrels that are around the dam for his gloves and hoodie,
Like someone else mentioned other places like Bucks Creek, is there trash barrels or dumpsters where he could have deposited his outfit

Another question, do you think it’s possible he (William) put Cheryl’s body in one of a thousand dumpsters in the area, and Cheryl is buried at the county landfill, any idea

That’s my other inquiry , has anyone seen William wear this black hoodie before 2 oct, did he ever wear it work, around the neighborhood, to a store or restaurant, is there any photos of him wearing the hoodie.
Let’s speculate, let’s say he disposed of Cheryl at the Huffman dam, did anyone check the numerous trash barrels that are around the dam for his gloves and hoodie,
Like someone else mentioned other places like Bucks Creek, is there trash barrels or dumpsters where he could have deposited his outfit

Another question, do you think it’s possible he (William) put Cheryl’s body in one of a thousand dumpsters in the area, and Cheryl is buried at the county landfill, any idea

I think all of those things are possible, and if you’ve thought of it, I’m sure the police have, too. Police officers sometimes don’t get the credit they deserve for being smart as well as imaginative thinkers as far as this kind of thing goes. I can pretty much guarantee, too, that Bill C. Was the one and only suspect from the moment Cheryl disappeared. I have a police captain friend, who worked as an officer for 30 years-they always know much, much more than you even imagine they do, most of the time. It can be more difficult when the offender commits a random murder-much less difficult when the suspect is a husband who recently was served with divorce papers, and has a girlfriend who he recently took on a trip with his daughter-and who stays overnight at his house right after his wife has disappeared. I can assure you that they’ve thought of the dam, the landfill and any mines in the area, if there are any.

I think all of those things are possible, and if you’ve thought of it, I’m sure the police have, too. Police officers sometimes don’t get the credit they deserve for being smart as well as imaginative thinkers as far as this kind of thing goes. I can pretty much guarantee, too, that Bill C. Was the one and only suspect from the moment Cheryl disappeared. I have a police captain friend, who worked as an officer for 30 years-they always know much, much more than you even imagine they do, most of the time. It can be more difficult when the offender commits a random murder-much less difficult when the suspect is a husband who recently was served with divorce papers, and has a girlfriend who he recently took on a trip with his daughter-and who stays overnight at his house right after his wife has disappeared. I can assure you that they’ve thought of the dam, the landfill and any mines in the area, if there are any.
well I don't think he had time to take her body too far, as he had to be back to pick up his daughter from school that day. Plus clean up of any evidence. As others have said, he may have strangled her and there was no blood, but there could have been signs of a struggle or other body fluids (urine) after a body is deceased that needed to be cleaned up.

I just wish she could be found, this has been torture on her family and friends. They just want her home, one way or the other. Her poor Mom, I can't imagine her pain and torment right now.

well I don't think he had time to take her body too far, as he had to be back to pick up his daughter from school that day. Plus clean up of any evidence. As others have said, he may have strangled her and there was no blood, but there could have been signs of a struggle or other body fluids (urine) after a body is deceased that needed to be cleaned up.

I just wish she could be found, this has been torture on her family and friends. They just want her home, one way or the other. Her poor Mom, I can't imagine her pain and torment right now.

That's a great point about urine to be cleaned. No murder's going to be completely free of clean-up. I still think he attacked her in the shower so that any mess would be easily rinsed. And she'd be at her most vulnerable and trapped.

That's a great point about urine to be cleaned. No murder's going to be completely free of clean-up. I still think he attacked her in the shower so that any mess would be easily rinsed. And she'd be at her most vulnerable and trapped.
I wish they had done luminol testing in their home as well as had cadaver dogs go around their home and property. There still could be something left behind that he thought he thoroughly cleaned up but missed because he couldn't see it due to it not being seen with the naked eye.

On the day in question when Bill was messing with Cheryl work vehicle, I am not sure if I missed it how did Cheryl’s work vehicle get back to her workplace without her

I also had a thought tonight, on the day Cheryl was presumed murdered, and everyone has been trying to locate her in the common spots of the area.
Does anyone know if there was any construction projects, home, building, road etc that was in the radius of Williams route to dump Cheryl’s body., is it possible she’s buried on a construction site, never to be found

And lastly, I am not trying to be morbid, but I see that William is the type of guy who needed lots of friends, and this is where the morbid comes in , in the Dayton area there has been a few funeral homes, that have done some shady practices, , like double or multiple burials , sneaky cremanation, and some other things,did Bill know of anyone with connections to these shady places, it may seem far fetched but looking back there have been a few of back corner funeral homes, where money was exchanged and God’s only knows what happened to the bodies

FB locals were trying to coordinate search for Cheryl. Someone commented that LE asked them not to; that Texas Equusearch was on it with LE. If true, they know where to search and are getting close.

I forgot to ad, in the state of Ohio law it is not illegal to use a unlicensed so called funeral director, for burial.
Did bill know of anyone like this?

I've exhausted the pics on both Cheryl & Bill's fb and never saw a hoodie photo. If this was premediated, he could have bought in FL. Would not have needed it there in late September in Orlando. Temps in 70s even at night.

Thanks for looking, I have a strange twist could Bill have borrowed a black hoodie from someone.

Do you know how Cheryl’s work vehicle made it back to her office, I can’t find anything on it

It was mentioned above that they think he surprised her and murdered her while she was in shower, so she was naked, what would he have used to wrap her and transport her

Regarding Texas Equusearch, they have been anxiously awaiting an invitation to search in the area. They had explained previously that they have to be requested by the family or police AND they have to have a specific area to search. They don't just come to town and wander around willy nilly. Today they announced that they have been asked by law enforcement to assist in a search for Cheryl. One team vehicle was seen on her street by neighbors repeatedly today. I really think we're getting close to a resolution.

Regarding Texas Equusearch, they have been anxiously awaiting an invitation to search in the area. They had explained previously that they have to be requested by the family or police AND they have to have a specific area to search. They don't just come to town and wander around willy nilly. Today they announced that they have been asked by law enforcement to assist in a search for Cheryl. One team vehicle was seen on her street by neighbors repeatedly today. I really think we're getting close to a resolution.
Keeping fingers crossed and praying they find her. How I wish there was a chance that she was alive, but seeing that it appears not to be the case, it's time for the family to have an answer, and time for an arrest.

Someone on another thread said that things always seem to happen on Fridays- let's hope that is the case tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot