OH - Clermont County father lined up sons 3, 4, and 7, executed with rifle, mother injured trying to protect them, June 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think, down the line, he will be advised to do otherwise. In my opinion, he plead not guilty now because they're trying to play the game and see was the least worse options for him.

About the having a great time incarcerated... he executed three children, his own children, most people frown upon that type of crime. He's not making any friends there, in my opinion.
Yeah ,except he knew where he would be going and exactly what you believe about how he will be treated in prison is probably a thing he knows about or thought about and came to the same conclusion as you and ,still premeditated the concept . His videographed surrender-ish thing shows an acceptance. IMO

According to the court document:

• Chad Doerman came home "early from work" on Thursday, June 15, and had his wife and their three boys join him in the master bedroom of their home on Laurel Lindale Road for a nap.
  • At some point, Doerman got up and retrieved a Marlin Model HC .22 rifle from a gun safe next to the bed. He then shot one of his sons twice.
  • Doerman's wife tried to help her son, who'd been shot, and yelled at her other two sons to run.
  • The boys' older sister, who had been watching TV in the Doerman's family room, went to the bedroom and "witnessed the shooting." She then ran after one of her fleeing brothers and screamed at "him to keep running."
  • The girl watched her stepfather, Chad Doerman, chase the boy and shoot him in the head at close range. She then ran back toward her family's home and picked up her brother, Chase. They ran toward the road, but were quickly confronted by Chad Doerman, who pointed a gun at his step-daughter and demanded she put his youngest son down. Chad Doerman then tried but failed to shoot his son, Chase, in the head. It appeared he was out of ammunition.
  • Chase Doerman ran to his mother, who was still rendering aid. He, too, ended up being shot and killed.
  • After their daughter ran to get help, Chad Doerman and his wife fought, with her trying to protect her sons. Doerman bit his wife and then, when she put her hand over the gun's barrel, shot her "through the thumb."
  • Chad Doerman then "sat on the side stoop of the residence and calmly watched REDACTED undertake futile life-saving measures on her three children."
  • "The defendant made multiple statements to law enforcement, such as, 'I did it. Take me to jail.', 'I shouldn't have done that. I shouldn't have shot REDACTED and them.' The defendant also gave a statement during an audio and video recorded interview, during which he admitted to having been thinking about shooting his sons since October. He further indicated during that interview that the thoughts of having to kills (sic) his sons was so heavy on him that he hadn't slept for three or four days prior to murdering his three sons, REDACTED."

• Chad Doerman came home "early from work" on Thursday, June 15, and had his wife and their three boys join him in the master bedroom of their home on Laurel Lindale Road for a nap.
  • At some point, Doerman got up and retrieved a Marlin Model HC .22 rifle from a gun safe next to the bed. He then shot one of his sons twice.
  • Doerman's wife tried to help her son, who'd been shot, and yelled at her other two sons to run.
  • The boys' older sister, who had been watching TV in the Doerman's family room, went to the bedroom and "witnessed the shooting." She then ran after one of her fleeing brothers and screamed at "him to keep running."
  • The girl watched her stepfather, Chad Doerman, chase the boy and shoot him in the head at close range. She then ran back toward her family's home and picked up her brother, Chase. They ran toward the road, but were quickly confronted by Chad Doerman, who pointed a gun at his step-daughter and demanded she put his youngest son down. Chad Doerman then tried but failed to shoot his son, Chase, in the head. It appeared he was out of ammunition.
  • Chase Doerman ran to his mother, who was still rendering aid. He, too, ended up being shot and killed.
  • After their daughter ran to get help, Chad Doerman and his wife fought, with her trying to protect her sons. Doerman bit his wife and then, when she put her hand over the gun's barrel, shot her "through the thumb."
  • Chad Doerman then "sat on the side stoop of the residence and calmly watched REDACTED undertake futile life-saving measures on her three children."
  • "The defendant made multiple statements to law enforcement, such as, 'I did it. Take me to jail.', 'I shouldn't have done that. I shouldn't have shot REDACTED and them.' The defendant also gave a statement during an audio and video recorded interview, during which he admitted to having been thinking about shooting his sons since October. He further indicated during that interview that the thoughts of having to kills (sic) his sons was so heavy on him that he hadn't slept for three or four days prior to murdering his three sons, REDACTED."
By October, did he find himself to be a miserable character and was afraid, his sons would inherit that character??

What a brave girl.

By October, did he find himself to be a miserable character and was afraid, his sons would inherit that character??
Who knows? Though the Bill of Particulars gave details about the sequence of events, the WHY is still glaringly absent. Though I want to know what made him kill his own defenseless little boys, whatever his defense team offers up, will never be enough to mitigate the death penalty.

But I'm conflicted, it seems that sentence is actually harder on the victims. LWOP seems to be more punitive, lock him up and throw away the key. No endless appeals for the family to endure.

The only power and control he has now over his wife is to force a trial. He can keep re-victimizing her, over and over by delays, gaming the system, asking for psychological and psychiatric assessments, not guilty, state he is unfit for assisting in his defense, on and on...we have one killer here at WS, who committed his crime over a decade ago, and is still playing games. No trial or conviction, he has been in jail the entire time. (Jorge Barahona).

I can see this guy doing that route.

Bbm.
Hmmm.

Speculation : IF he was served recently with divorce papers, that could've been a catalyst.
But (IMO) it sounds like his father might be defensive.
Just my .02.

People get divorced .
It happens.
Sometimes it's not the person's fault who is being served -- and they may feel they've done nothing wrong to warrant the other spouse leaving.
However, to ruthlessly slaughter your own beautiful babies takes away any blame that the perp or others may lay at someone's doorstep !
M00.
Ymmv.

Rest in gentle peace and fly with the angels, little guys !
I don't know if he's defensive. Can you imagine having to wrap your head around the fact that your child killed your 3 grandchildren?! How does one come to grips with that?

Every now and then, not often, a case arrives that so suits its community’s definition of pure evil that it re-entrenches many on the role of the death penalty. This is that case for this region of Missouri, and for many, nationally. Some talk about how the death penalty is supposed to be a deterrent, and it isn’t, from a data standpoint, statistically: it doesn’t deter crime (ask Florida!) … but there are cases where a human seems just so far beyond redemption, even if mentally ill, that many ask: is it even worth the effort of the community for this person to walk another step? This then veers into opinion and faith. And we are all individual in our perspectives and views from that point.

My $0.02 - I wish I was a better fiction writer than I am, because I think a series on a vigilante who solves these issues extrajudiciously would sell millions of books.
Dexter.

He had wife and three sons join him in the bedroom for a nap? I wonder if he was in the habit of that or if his wife had any inkling something was off on that day? If that was a regular practice it suggests to me an extremely controlling nature. you, me, and my boys will go take a nap while your daughter will stay out.

If it wasn't a normal thing for him to suggest I wonder if his demeanor gave any clues to the boys' mom. did she go because she felt he was tense or otherwise acting strangely, in an attempt to placate or forestall a temper tantrum? (just a guess, I suspect Mr. D was prone to them)

He had wife and three sons join him in the bedroom for a nap? I wonder if he was in the habit of that or if his wife had any inkling something was off on that day? If that was a regular practice it suggests to me an extremely controlling nature. you, me, and my boys will go take a nap while your daughter will stay out.

If it wasn't a normal thing for him to suggest I wonder if his demeanor gave any clues to the boys' mom. did she go because she felt he was tense or otherwise acting strangely, in an attempt to placate or forestall a temper tantrum? (just a guess, I suspect Mr. D was prone to them)
Yeah, that read as weird to me, too. I mean, toddlers, they may nap, but school age kids?

MOO

Who knows? Though the Bill of Particulars gave details about the sequence of events, the WHY is still glaringly absent. Though I want to know what made him kill his own defenseless little boys, whatever his defense team offers up, will never be enough to mitigate the death penalty.

But I'm conflicted, it seems that sentence is actually harder on the victims. LWOP seems to be more punitive, lock him up and throw away the key. No endless appeals for the family to endure.

I am strongly suspecting that we won't hear more. This is what, after all, is called mental illness, these invasive, horrible thoughts that kept him awake for a few nights. (Maybe he heard voices, too? We don't know). CD was either unaware of what it was, or too afraid of asking for help. (I wrote about the dichotomy between what medicine can do now and lack of awareness about its potential in the general population, and how things went downhill during COVID, and deleted it. We all know).

CD's attitude defies any understanding, but if we can imagine that it is how mental illness might present, it might fit the bill. Maybe it is drug-induced, too. If I were to guess, I'd say, primary, plus some substances on board, but too often street drugs are used to self-medicate already-existing problem, so it becomes mixed.

In a way, there is no worse punishment than simply treat him, and treat well. When he is clear, he'll understand what he did. And then, make an interview with him, to educate everyone. With numbers, and addresses where to call, should someone feel similar symptoms.

This case is a crying shame.

I am strongly suspecting that we won't hear more. This is what, after all, is called mental illness, these invasive, horrible thoughts that kept him awake for a few nights. (Maybe he heard voices, too? We don't know). CD was either unaware of what it was, or too afraid of asking for help. (I wrote about the dichotomy between what medicine can do now and lack of awareness about its potential in the general population, and how things went downhill during COVID, and deleted it. We all know).

CD's attitude defies any understanding, but if we can imagine that it is how mental illness might present, it might fit the bill. Maybe it is drug-induced, too. If I were to guess, I'd say, primary, plus some substances on board, but too often street drugs are used to self-medicate already-existing problem, so it becomes mixed.

In a way, there is no worse punishment than simply treat him, and treat well. When he is clear, he'll understand what he did. And then, make an interview with him, to educate everyone. With numbers, and addresses where to call, should someone feel similar symptoms.

This case is a crying shame.
Did I miss some news? Has he been diagnosed with a mental illness? I'm confused

If I were in control I would just sentence him and be done with it, saving the county money and time. He doesn't deserve any sympathy, so good thing I'm not in control. Admitting that he had been thinking about this for months, doesn't that say premeditation?
What on earth did those precious kids do to justify this? NOTHING!!! There is not one thing on God's green earth that could ever justify this.
My thoughts and prayers for his wife and family and the brave little sister. This will haunt them for all their lives. It will even haunt me as well as a lot of other people.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake12
Back