OH - Clermont County father lined up sons 3, 4, and 7, executed with rifle, mother injured trying to protect them, June 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
06/26/2023Defendant/s Motion for Order of Protection filed cc: Judge w/Entry
07/03/2023State's Response to Defendant's Motion for Order of Protection, filed CC: Judge

Does this mean Chad is in PC? Not suprising, I'm sure he has a bullseye on his back.

Next hearing isn't until September.

06/26/2023Defendant/s Motion for Order of Protection filed cc: Judge w/Entry
07/03/2023State's Response to Defendant's Motion for Order of Protection, filed CC: Judge

Does this mean Chad is in PC? Not suprising, I'm sure he has a bullseye on his back.

Next hearing isn't until September.
I sure hope he is in PC and also on suicide watch. Judge has also issued a partial gag order.

JMO

Chad Doerman appeared in court for a pre-trial hearing Wednesday morning. While the court previously allowed news outlets to livestream a hearing on the case, they were turned away from the latest hearing.

Doerman’s defense team requested money to hire a mental health team and other investigators for their case. They also requested a full protective order to prevent prosecutors for discussing the case with the media.

I sure hope he is in PC and also on suicide watch. Judge has also issued a partial gag order.

JMO

Chad Doerman appeared in court for a pre-trial hearing Wednesday morning. While the court previously allowed news outlets to livestream a hearing on the case, they were turned away from the latest hearing.

Doerman’s defense team requested money to hire a mental health team and other investigators for their case. They also requested a full protective order to prevent prosecutors for discussing the case with the media.
He totally looks like a little baby kid that just got told Santa Claus doesn't exist.... Jeez. What a pout. He could be teaching actors or models that pout! give lessons to models...

CD may have diagnosed and/or undiagnosed mental illness. It does seem that his team will have to try for mental illness/diminished responsibility as a defence, don’t think they have anything else. Think it will be difficult to prove, from footage, CD seemed lucid, able to communicate, not paranoid, able to follow instructions, understood what was going on in court. While someone experiencing psychosis may also present like this, my guess is that he was depressed, angry, controlling and this was a grab for power.
I agree that they should just give him LWOP and Be done with him.

CD may have diagnosed and/or undiagnosed mental illness. It does seem that his team will have to try for mental illness/diminished responsibility as a defence, don’t think they have anything else. Think it will be difficult to prove, from footage, CD seemed lucid, able to communicate, not paranoid, able to follow instructions, understood what was going on in court. While someone experiencing psychosis may also present like this, my guess is that he was depressed, angry, controlling and this was a grab for power.
He himself said, he planned the murder for several months. He couldn't have planned the sudden outbreak of psychosis. So, as you said it: a grab for power, probably very desperate but determined and willingly. When he sat down on his stairs, he knew: it's over; he had done, what he had planned so many, many weeks. Taking these 3 lifes, which were descended from him.

He himself said, he planned the murder for several months. He couldn't have planned the sudden outbreak of psychosis. So, as you said it: a grab for power, probably very desperate but determined and willingly. When he sat down on his stairs, he knew: it's over; he had done, what he had planned so many, many weeks. Taking these 3 lifes, which were descended from him.
What he described sounds more like intrusive thoughts than planning per se, IMO.

What he described sounds more like intrusive thoughts than planning per se, IMO.
For that one would have to know, whether he thought: if she wants to take the children from me (in the event of a separation), I will kill the children. Then it would be rather a plan, IMO.

I'm no psychologist. Only my thoughts.

BBM. Yes, he may be mentally ill. I doubt the jury won't believe the expert witnesses.

JMO

For that one would have to know, whether he thought: if she wants to take the children from me (in the event of a separation), I will kill the children. Then it would be rather a plan, IMO.

I'm no psychologist. Only my thoughts.

Agreed. This appears to be more about absolute control. He "owned" his children, therefore, they could not be taken away. The only mental illness I see here, is a sick soul, who planned revenge against his wife.

If he truly planned to execute his children, and states he planned it months ago...why didn't he reach out for help? Go see a psychologist, tell them about his obsessive thoughts. It was because he didn't want to...

If he truly planned to execute his children, and states he planned it months ago...why didn't he reach out for help? Go see a psychologist, tell them about his obsessive thoughts. It was because he didn't want to...

It's not as simple as you make it to be. Ohio is pretty conservative spot with pretty conservative view on mental health and gender roles. Which means mental illness is still stigmatised round there and for men asking for help, a mental help especially, is a sign of weakness. Do not forget either that regular visits to a psychiatrist cost a lot of money. Not everyone can afford it.

The bottom line is, if this man is mentally ill, then he does not need to be demonised. Instead of that the society should examine this case carefully, find out what prevented him from obtaining help and try to resolve these issues, all of that to prevent more cases like this one from happening.

It's not as simple as you make it to be. Ohio is pretty conservative spot with pretty conservative view on mental health and gender roles. Which means mental illness is still stigmatised round there and for men asking for help, a mental help especially, is a sign of weakness. Do not forget either that regular visits to a psychiatrist cost a lot of money. Not everyone can afford it.

The bottom line is, if this man is mentally ill, then he does not need to be demonised. Instead of that the society should examine this case carefully, find out what prevented him from obtaining help and try to resolve these issues, all of that to prevent more cases like this one from happening.

It just came to my mind. Perhaps, there is some mental issue to start with. Probably, enhanced by some external substances, or at least it appears so. But what if at work, CD was teased? He could be. His neighbors were scared of him; they don’t look too courageous. But regular blue-collar guys, and CD being not Mr. Popularity? They were probably not scared, but he could have been isolated. That could explain him coming home and yelling at his family after work.

I also wonder if he projected too much and thought that if life was hard for him, maybe the kids would struggle the same way when growing up. (Of course this is not how genetics works, but he could have viewed them as extension of himself) I don’t know why and how the thought of annihilating them came to his mind. Maybe it was pure paranoia and suspicions. But at the same time, “not his kid”, his stepdaughter, he spared. Eradicated his own.

He doesn’t appear a coward to me. He looks very concrete, just my impression.

BBM. Well said!

JMO

I'm usually pretty compassionate when it comes to mental health and any cases where it is possibly a factor, but not this time.
Firstly, my personal opinion is that its not the case here, but that's just my thoughts, and secondly, I can't find much empathy for a man who knows there's a problem, one big enough that he is planning the death of his children for months, and would rather chase down and shoot 3 tiny boys in cold blood than be stigmatised by his peers for asking for help with his mental health. Again though, jmpo.

and would rather chase down and shoot 3 tiny boys in cold blood than be stigmatised by his peers for asking for help with his mental health. Again though, jmpo.

It's not exactly a rational choice, like "I'd rather kill my kids than go to a shrink". It's more like desperately trying to deal with mental issues on your own, lying to yourself it's nothing serious and you can get it under control... Until it is too late.

My great grandpa, a decent, hard working, family loving man, who turned indebted family farm into blossoming business, went through the hell of concentration camp during World War II. He survived, but with heavy PTSD, which was not treated due to heavy stigma on mental illness and eventually turned into psychosis. Yes, he attempted to kill his family. He died in psychiatric asylum and became kind of a shameful family secret. All of it could have been prevented if he got proper treatment after war

I'm usually pretty compassionate when it comes to mental health and any cases where it is possibly a factor, but not this time.
Firstly, my personal opinion is that its not the case here, but that's just my thoughts, and secondly, I can't find much empathy for a man who knows there's a problem, one big enough that he is planning the death of his children for months, and would rather chase down and shoot 3 tiny boys in cold blood than be stigmatised by his peers for asking for help with his mental health. Again though, jmpo.
I could care less if Chad is demonized. He lost all sympathy and empathy from me the moment he chased his precious boys down and executed them. And despite the fact that his defense team has asked for a mental health evaluation, I do not believe the insanity defense is one that works here. Sometimes it is just a bad man who did a horrific thing. He demonized himself. Doesn't need anybody else to do it for him. He can lie in that bed. He made it for himself.

He executed his own children. All 3 of them. Their mother was trying to save them, he shot her too. One of the children ran and he went after him and brought him back just to murder him. He could've stopped, he knew what he was doing and he still did it.

I thought some kind of court proceeding was scheduled in September. Do we know when it is and what it is for?

Firstly, my personal opinion is that its not the case here, but that's just my thoughts, and secondly, I can't find much empathy for a man who knows there's a problem, one big enough that he is planning the death of his children for months, and would rather chase down and shoot 3 tiny boys in cold blood than be stigmatised by his peers for asking for help with his mental health. Again though, jmpo.s
Same here. No compassion for this guy. He was controlling and evil. Knew full well what he was doing. "I just got so angry that I couldn't control myself because I'm mentally ill" is not a defense I would fall for. We don't like to admit that some people are just very mean for the sake of being mean, and they enjoy seeing others in terror and pain, but they do exist. I'm usually not in favour of the death penalty, but in this case it is warranted in my opinion.

Last edited:
OH is looking to abolish the death penalty

The Ohio Prosecuting Attorneys Association is strongly opposed.

"Sometimes the death penalty is just what justice demands," said Louis Tobin, executive director of the Ohio Prosecuting Attorneys Association. "There's no more concrete example of why we need a death penalty than the tragedy that took place in Clermont County earlier this year where three kids were brutally murdered by their father."

Tobin agreed that the death penalty in its current practice does not deter crime, but he said it serves as an "ultimate accountability" for victims, communities and the state.

"I think prosecutors uniformly agree that there are times when the death penalty is appropriate. There are times when it's necessary," Tobin said.

Attorney General Dave Yost provided the following statement about the efforts to abolish the death penalty in Ohio: "Bad ideas do not magically become good ideas simply because both of our broken political parties agree on it."
Ohio lawmakers reintroduce bill to ban death penalty

Here is CDs next court appearance:

Chad Doerman, 32, is led into Judge Richard P. Ferenc’s Clermont County Common Pleas courtroom, Wednesday, July 5, 2023. It was the first preliminary hearing since he was indicted on 21 counts involving the shooting deaths of his three young sons, ages, 3, 4 and 7 in Monroe Township on June 15. Ferenc granted a gag order and set the next court date for Sept. 22, 2023.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
malik562
Back