OH - Clermont County father lined up sons 3, 4, and 7, executed with rifle, mother injured trying to protect them, June 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It seems he was doing this pretty openly (the victims were found outside the home) without the planning that went into the Watts murders or similar. Doesn't sound like he was planning to conceal the murders and try to get away with it. I think he was probably planning to off himself but the emergency services got there instead.
He was just sitting on the stoop when responders arrived. In the bod cam video he acts so calm and collected, like they are there for a traffic stop or something. Crazy!

I came looking for this thread this morning. I saw some stuff over the weekend. Just horrible. I haven't been able to stop thinking about these boys' mom and sister. I cannot conceive of the trauma they will deal with over what they were forced to live and witness.

It seems he was doing this pretty openly (the victims were found outside the home) without the planning that went into the Watts murders or similar. Doesn't sound like he was planning to conceal the murders and try to get away with it. I think he was probably planning to off himself but the emergency services got there instead.
Bbm.
Certainly a possibility.
However in my opinion he was too much of a wimp to take himself out.
Coward !

He could have saved a lot of people's time and tax dollars if he at least ended this differently. This case (and likely, his appeals) are going to drag on forever.... which will be an additional hard thing for the mom & stepdaughter to have to deal with.

It definitely appeared as though he was completely detached from reality. Jmo
I suppose it’s a possibiliy he was suffering from depression. Could it have been the type with psychosis?

“Psychotic depression is a condition in which a person with depression is also experiencing a detachment from reality, known as psychosis. The disorder is sometimes also referred to as “major depression with psychotic features,” according to MedlinePlus.”

I wonder if he was on drugs and was detached from reality as you mentioned. His emotional break down in court that he tried to suppress may have been because he was hearing the description of what he did, and processing it without detachment. He is likely on suicide watch.

If he was detached from reality during the time he killed his sons, I don't think he will be able to live with it.

He could have saved a lot of people's time and tax dollars if he at least ended this differently. This case (and likely, his appeals) are going to drag on forever.... which will be an additional hard thing for the mom & stepdaughter to have to deal with.

That is part of the control, it is diabolical. The victims continue to be re-victimized. We don't know the "back story" here, but, the perpetrator has created a situation, where his wife, a victim, will continue to be part of his life for years in court.

In a divorce, you can create a life where your ex is almost nonexistent . Even with kids involved.

This situation, even incarcerated, the perpetrator was able to ensure his wife will constantly be reminded of him, and what he was able to take from her.

Last edited:
This is one of those cases, so terrible, so tragic, so traumatizing for everyone in that community, and my gosh, the wife and older daughter, it will ripple on in their lives forever. I'm mildly interested in what this guy's motives were, I'm sure in his mind he had some, but only mildly. There's no redemption, no excuse, no forgiveness for this. He told us all we need to know about what he was thinking when he shot his sons.

MOO

Bbm.
Certainly a possibility.
Coward !

That is part of the control, it is diabolical. The victims continue to be re-victimized. We don't know the "back story" here, but, the perpetrator has created a situation, where his wife, a victim, will continue to be part of his life for years in court.

In a divorce, you can create a life where your ex is almost nonexistent . Even with kids involved.

This situation, even incarcerated, the perpetrator was able to ensure his wife will constantly be reminded of him, and what he was able to take from her.

Yes, he never had any intention of killing himself, just as he never had any intention of killing his wife, he had more than enough time to do both, but then he doesn't get to see her tortured for the rest of her life. Even if he is locked away and can't physically see it, he knows and thats enough. Sick S.O.B

I read that the death penalty has been suspended in Ohio at the moment, waiting for an alternative to lethal injection, so would they still seek the DP?. I'm not usually pro DP, but I do occasionally find myself making exceptions and this waste of skin is one of them, so I hope so.

I came looking for this thread this morning. I saw some stuff over the weekend. Just horrible. I haven't been able to stop thinking about these boys' mom and sister. I cannot conceive of the trauma they will deal with over what they were forced to live and witness.
I too, have thought about this horrible crime all weekend long. Very disturbing. He purposely did this heinous act to torture the mother for the rest of her life, IMO

I read that the death penalty has been suspended in Ohio at the moment, waiting for an alternative to lethal injection, so would they still seek the DP?. I'm not usually pro DP, but I do occasionally find myself making exceptions and this waste of skin is one of them, so I hope so.
I think the firing squad would be appropriate, IMO

Saying he planned this just blows my mind!
So he planned gunning them down in the front yard? That was his plan for ending their lives??!
The cruelest and sickest way?!

That right there tells me it was
about torturing Mom by having her witness this absolute horror.
His revenge, for whatever reason, was greater than the love for those 3 babies.
Why is his Father saying he snapped when he hasn't even spoke to him.. he admitted he planned this execution.
I saw a clip from somewhere where his Dad was just there visiting the week prior.
I don't know. Things like this will never make sense.

Bbm.
Certainly a possibility.
Coward !
Agreed. Why wait? And even though the police showed up, all he had to do if he wanted to die was pick up the rifle.

I think he felt justified. And he wanted to see the effects on his wife of what he had done.

Last edited:
I wonder if he was on drugs and was detached from reality as you mentioned. His emotional break down in court that he tried to suppress may have been because he was hearing the description of what he did, and processing it without detachment. He is likely on suicide watch.

If he was detached from reality during the time he killed his sons, I don't think he will be able to live with it.
He seemed quite focused and oriented to time and space to me. I saw no detachment. Calm. Able to discuss his own discomfort. Reassuring the officers and trying to get the dog in the house so it wouldn’t interfere with the officers.

I don’t know. He seemed confident, justified and alert to me.

And he did not start crying until he was called a coward.

He stood there and listened to the DA talk about how he chased his terrified son into the woods, dragged him back and shot him. He listened to the DA talk about how he was his boys’ world and they trusted him implicitly. He didn’t sob until after he was called a coward.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back