OH - Clermont County father lined up sons 3, 4, and 7, executed with rifle, mother injured trying to protect them, June 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The 911 call is the most disturbing call I've ever heard.

I'm crying for all of them.
Very disturbing call. That 911 operator is an idiot. It is clear when she says ‘my babies have been shot. They are dead.’ She gives her address. 911 guy kept saying he doesn’t understand what’s happening and to calm down.

Of course, that pales in comparison to the most troubling fact - that these 3 boys were killed by a man formerly known as their father.

Now he will be inmate # whatever, and fade into oblivion. Eventually leave prison. In a box.

jmo

[…]

Prosecutors said after Doerman came home that Thursday morning from Kroger, stopped to get beer, went to the shed behind his home as his family arrived from running errands. His ex-wife made them all lunch.

"The defendant says to Laura, 'This will be my last good meal,'" Tekulve said, describing what Doerman said hours before the murders. "Laura begins to worry that this is a statement he may be contemplating suicide."

Tekulve also said Doerman called his father around 12:50 p.m.

"Makes a statement that Clayton is going to be the hardest one," Tekulve said.

Between 1-3 p.m., Tekulve said Doerman was doing yard work and playing with his sons. Everything at this point seemed normal. Then between 3:30-3:45 p.m., Doerman is reading the Bible to his son Hunter.

"He's walking around the house with the Bible, mumbling 'Chad knows what's right, Chad knows what's right,'" Tekulve said. "Laura says, 'You're scaring me.' Again, highly unusual behavior and Chad says, 'I'm just playing around.' Our position is he did this to, again, alleviate any fears or concerns that may been in her about her safety, his safety or the safety of the boys, or Alexis so he actively deceived her."

[…]

We asked Tekulve if prosecutors knew what Doerman's motivation was for these murders.

"No idea, don't know, why that will probably never be answered, you look at this nice little family, sweet little family, I can't speculate as to why it happened, can't do it," said Tekulve.

On Monday, WCPO found out Doerman is in the process of being booked from the Clermont County Jail, into the Department of Corrections, where he will spend the rest of his life in prison.

It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion...hearing about that day. So incredibly horrible.

What happened in his brain? And why didn't his mother warn his wife?

Horrible, awful nightmare that was real. I don't know how his wife will go on. I'm speechless from the unexpected horror of it all.

It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion...hearing about that day. So incredibly horrible.

Horrible, awful nightmare that was real. I don't know how his wife will go on. I'm speechless from the unexpected horror of it all.
He has never given a reason/motive. We may never know

I hope he speaks and explains at some point. I originally thought it was straight out family violence and hate against his wife. But it doesn’t quite seem like that now to me. He didn’t kill wife or step daughter and yet hunted down his young boys. He didn’t seem to have a significant mental illness. Just horrifying with no explanation.

Very disturbing call. That 911 operator is an idiot. It is clear when she says ‘my babies have been shot. They are dead.’ She gives her address. 911 guy kept saying he doesn’t understand what’s happening and to calm down.
That was pure torture. This poor, poor woman (and her daughter). So sad!

Is he mentally ill? :oops:
Undiagnosed?

Was it a sinister revenge on his wife for whatever reason?

He must have known that killing her beloved kids
would destroy her :(

What was it all about??

I'm surprised he didn't try to kill himself after the massacre.
But just sat there waiting for Police.

Mind boggles.

RIP to innocent victims :(

JMO

This case seems to me
a carbon copy of another recent tragedy in Alabama.

The perp also shot children - four :(
(2 his own).
He is suffering from schizophrenia
and refused taking meds.

There is a thread on WS

Last edited:
I guess without context his father wouldn’t have presumed he meant the hardest child to kill.
yeah, if his family hadn't noticed his change in behavior/mental state prior to this day I can't see his father leaping to oh my gosh he's gonna hurt the boys when he got that text. Especially if his Chad's parents hadn't compared notes yet (mom conversation with dad text).

I feel for them. They've effectively lost their son and their three grandsons all in one fell swoop. That has to be a really hard thing to go through, and now, knowing about his communications with his parents that day, the guilt, the coulda shoulda woulda why didn't we see this coming thing will eat them alive if they let it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daisy82504
Back