GUILTY OH - Cleveland, Boy, 4, dark wavy hair, Skeletal, 20 Sept 2017 - Eliazar Ruiz

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
[h=1]'I can't wait for justice,' says mother of 4-year-old Cleveland boy found dead at vacant house[/h]
a81_eliazar_ruiz19642641_10203590752126101_3387309240843267775_n.jpg

Ashley Makuhan, 27, spoke to cleveland.com in a brief telephone interview from the Northeast Reintegration Center in Cleveland, where she is serving an 18-month sentence on drug-related offenses.

Authorities on Wednesday identified her son, Eliazar Ruiz, four months after he was found in the city's Puritas-Longmead neighborhood. Makuhan said that Eliazar's godmother, a family friend, had taken care of Eliazar since 2015.

"My son was an amazing kid," Makuhan said. "He was always so happy. I can't wait until the person involved in this is brought to justice."
The medical examiner has not yet found a cause of death but Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner Thomas Gilson said in December the death is "extremely suspicious." He said that Eliazar was healthy and well-nourished and that there were no obvious signs of trauma.

Gilson said Eliazar died sometime in the late spring or early summer of 2017. Makuhan has been in prison since Feb. 7, 2017, according to prison records.
http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2018/01/mom_of_4-year-old_cleveland_bo.html

"The I TEAM checked the records of names provided by the family. We found the woman convicted twice in Cuyahoga County Court for drug trafficking and child endangering. We also found the man convicted in county court for forgery. Records show he is also wanted in Cleveland Municipal Court for not appearing to answer charges in a traffic case and a theft case."
-source: http://fox8.com/2018/01/24/how-and-...-before-remains-were-found-in-cleveland-home/

Are they talking about Eliazar's parents (sounds like his mother)? Or the caregivers? Another article (the one Gardener1850 mentions above) mentions it was a godmother he had been in care of since 2015. It also mentions the mother is in prison for drug offenses.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

Im confused. Was mom in and out of jail while the other woman had her son? Or did she have her son back each time she got out? Maybe I need to read the articles more attentively because I’m so confused to who had beautiful Eliazar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The I TEAM checked the records of names provided by the family. We found the woman convicted twice in Cuyahoga County Court for drug trafficking and child endangering. We also found the man convicted in county court for forgery. Records show he is also wanted in Cleveland Municipal Court for not appearing to answer charges in a traffic case and a theft case."
-source: http://fox8.com/2018/01/24/how-and-...-before-remains-were-found-in-cleveland-home/

Are they talking about Eliazar's parents (sounds like his mother)? Or the caregivers? Another article (the one Gardener1850 mentions above) mentions it was a godmother he had been in care of since 2015. It also mentions the mother is in prison for drug offenses.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

I think they are talking about the godparents he was left in the care of after his mother was arrested. The News 5 article in post #154 above says that the godmother was arrested after the mother went to prison. I don't understand why CPS (or whatever they have there in Ohio) did not take him away and place him with a foster family. It feels like he was just forgotten. :tears:

FWIW, I think the news reported inaccurately on mother's incarceration. She was OUT for about six weeks from about June 6 to Mid July, 2017 when she was arrested on a new charge and a PV. She then stayed in county jail til she was sentenced to prison again in August after she pled to a PV from picking up a new charge. Just say in'. The news report said she was in as of February, 2017. I think that's wrong. Look at the 2015 and 2017 case dockets and events lists.

http://cpdocket.cp.cuyahogacounty.us/CR_CaseInformation_Docket.aspx?q=djNmjCoOabHSmHkd6mhr3A2

On the news today in the Netherlands . A Dutch pediatrician/children's doctor is promoting an idea; every child from 0 to 19 brought to the emergency room should have a total body check to see if there was any kind of physical abuse, now or in the past. It's a real big problem. But it is not only about counting bruises.....I feel so very sad...these trusting, don't have a choice children...wanting to be loved, to be save....have the right to be protected from harm...could say so much about this problem.....brrrrrrr.

I'm relieved Eliazer has been identified. I hope LE can now figure out what happened.

I am disturbed to read that a child was handed around in this way and there was apparently no back-up person to keep an eye on where and how he was?

did she see him while out? if she was responsible I don't think shed have reported to the CO's.

FWIW, I think the news reported inaccurately on mother's incarceration. She was OUT for about six weeks from about June 6 to Mid July, 2017 when she was arrested on a new charge and a PV. She then stayed in county jail til she was sentenced to prison again in August after she pled to a PV from picking up a new charge. Just say in'. The news report said she was in as of February, 2017. I think that's wrong. Look at the 2015 and 2017 case dockets and events lists.

http://cpdocket.cp.cuyahogacounty.us/CR_CaseInformation_Docket.aspx?q=djNmjCoOabHSmHkd6mhr3A2

I'm getting a little bit of a Kyrian vibe here?

I'm surprised there aren't any reports of an arrest yet?

On the news today in the Netherlands . A Dutch pediatrician/children's doctor is promoting an idea; every child from 0 to 19 brought to the emergency room should have a total body check to see if there was any kind of physical abuse, now or in the past. It's a real big problem. But it is not only about counting bruises.....I feel so very sad...these trusting, don't have a choice children...wanting to be loved, to be save....have the right to be protected from harm...could say so much about this problem.....brrrrrrr.

Only if there is a reasonable indication of suspected abuse, ie; broken bone, bruising, UTI, intoxication, poisoning, etc. if a child goes to the ER with a fever, due to a suspected URTI or gastrointestinal infection, for example, I think a full body scan would be invasive and, probably quite distressing for the child.

Reward, arrest warrants issued for Cleveland woman, her husband who allegedly murdered 4-year-old boy

February 12, 2019

"CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - The U.S. Marshals Service and Cuyahoga County Sheriff’s Office are trying to track down a man and woman who are accused of murdering a 4-year-old boy and ditching his body in a backyard in Cleveland.

A reward is being offered for information leading to the capture of 31-year-old Joanna Vega and 36-year-old Romaine Tolbert.

The married couple was supposed to show up for court on Jan. 29 to be arraigned on charges that included murder, gross abuse of a corpse, child endangering, tampering with evidence, and kidnapping. They both failed to appear.

Investigators say the two killed 4-year-old Eliazar Ruiz sometime between March 2015 and Sept. 2017...."

Reward, arrest warrants issued for Cleveland woman, her husband who allegedly murdered 4-year-old boy

FXIKBY4LUJBCPHF3VJA74O6DT4.png

b29_eliazar_ruiz26994039_10203590750926071_5030151245050343032_n.jpeg

Ohio couple wanted in 4-year-old boy’s murder arrested in Adrian

Mar 31, 2019

"...Joanne Vega, 31, and her husband, Romaine Tolbert, 36, were taken into custody by the U.S. Marshals Service in the 300 block of East Maumee Street, WEWS-TV in Cleveland reported Friday...."

Ohio couple wanted in 4-year-old boy's murder arrested in Adrian

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knoop
Back